The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Soma P. V Boltor P.

TruZender

Question

Yup, this argument again. With the introduction of Argon Scope I think it is the Soma Prime can now do red crits and some people are talking about a new tier of crits somewhere up there. Do you guys think red crits on the Soma P. make it possibly better than the Boltor P.? (Can someone do some damage testing in game cause I can't and oh I don't know maybe spare me this and/or a blood rush... jk jk)

Lets keep the masterrace talk to Loki and PC. I don't see it being odd because these weapons have been compared before quite a lot and usually with every Soma mod setup you're bound to have crit mods. Different weapons are set up differently but still compared.

Depends, are you actually landing those headshots? Even then, there's also bladed rounds triggering per kill rather than per headshot and considering soma prime could theoretically outperform boltor prime with headshots prior to this event, it's sorta obvious to me

+120% crit damage when aiming every time you kill something, for 9s. Refreshes when killing again.

On the topic of headshots how much is Ivara's headshot multiplier with say full power strength

Its the Soma Prime of course you're landing those headshots

Personally, power Strenght on Ivara is a dump stat. All you need is max effociency, max range, and as much duration as you can muster without butchering range. And a melee weapon that does good finishers, bonus points if it's a dagger with Covert Lethalty.

First point: on Soma Bladed Rounds >> Argon Scope. This is also true for every other crit weapon in the game but that's beside the point.

Second point: if you can aim and land headhots, Soma P >> Boltor P. If not, it's the other way around.

Actually if you want to round up crit chance Argon is better, else bladed round.

The point is, i assume the main priority of a gun is to deal damage, and for damage, Bladed Rounds beats Argon Scope.

Then again, getting 100% red crits with a Dread (avenger, point strike and argon scope) is fun, but bladed would stil outdamage that :)

Practically speaking Argon Scope has some niche uses for people that a) despise not critting with crit weapons or b) love the colour red so much i'm not 100% sure they're healthy or c) don't have an Avenger and want to build a Latron Prime for crits.

On the topic of headshots how much is Ivara's headshot multiplier with say full power strength

Its the Soma Prime of course you're landing those headshots

I use mostly Soma Prime with Ivara and it really boost her damage, so it will be interesting to see how she changes with Argon Scope.

AM still looking for other great weapons for Ivara that are not Bows or Soma, maybe Latron Prime, but it needs Forma first.

Edited by -Blaze-

The point is, i assume the main priority of a gun is to deal damage, and for damage, Bladed Rounds beats Argon Scope.

Then again, getting 100% red crits with a Dread (avenger, point strike and argon scope) is fun, but bladed would stil outdamage that :)

Practically speaking Argon Scope has some niche uses for people that a) despise not critting with crit weapons or b) love the colour red so much i'm not 100% sure they're healthy or c) don't have an Avenger and want to build a Latron Prime for crits.

/damage per shot or damage per sec?

Because you shouldn't care about damage per sec at all using bows.