Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Ever Happened To The Dark Sword Rework?

VampirePirate

There was supposed to be a dark sword rework, something I looked forward to a while back.  There has been many new weapons since then, which makes me wonder if they scrapped the idea of a double-bladed dark sword.

Then there was the reskin of the Burston rifle.  It looked impressive, but what happened to that?

Can anyone think of other things revealed in the devstreams that never came into reality?

Edited by VampirePirate

Originally they mentioned the Dual Dark Swords being classed as a new Dual Sword w/ a unique stance to go with. I'd wager they realized they couldn't actually make them part of that category with that stance because that entire category of weapons isn't really conducive to use as such. It's also possible DE ran into issues with animating them.

...my honest guess? A recent devstream mentioned we'd be getting a Corpus-style lander and a new set of Corpus armor. The Burston visual overhaul, and possibly Dark Sword/Dagger combo will probably show up around the same time or a bit after. The Dark Swords kinda look like they could be Corpus-aesthetic gone edgey, and the Burston's already a Corpus-made knockoff.

That said, you might not see 'em for awhile. They teased the Cerata back around the time they revealed Chroma and it took a couple updates for it to actually get here.

Originally they mentioned the Dual Dark Swords being classed as a new Dual Sword w/ a unique stance to go with. I'd wager they realized they couldn't actually make them part of that category with that stance because that entire category of weapons isn't really conducive to use as such. It's also possible DE ran into issues with animating them.

...my honest guess? A recent devstream mentioned we'd be getting a Corpus-style lander and a new set of Corpus armor. The Burston visual overhaul, and possibly Dark Sword/Dagger combo will probably show up around the same time or a bit after. The Dark Swords kinda look like they could be Corpus-aesthetic gone edgey, and the Burston's already a Corpus-made knockoff.

That said, you might not see 'em for awhile. They teased the Cerata back around the time they revealed Chroma and it took a couple updates for it to actually get here.

I think you are right about that.  Everything you said.  I figured that the Dual or Double-bladed darksword would have to have its own animation since nothing in the game is similar.  That would mean creating a new animation, but they would not want to create something that will only be used once.  In other words, that same animation would have to be used in numerous ways to be a proper investment.  If this is true, then I guess they would not want to make the investment, or they would eventually make new enemies that can wield the same weapon or use the same animation.