Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Too Many Good Mods: How To Mod Vulkar Wraith?

weirdee

Question

10 answers to this question

The way I am prob. gonna go with is serration - split chamber - point strike- bladed rounds- aug mod - element 1- element 2.

You would use Bladed Rounds over Vital Sense? I mean, sure the bonus isn't hard to keep up since it's 'on kill', but even so, I'd prefer the slightly less damage for a constant bonus. More importantly, Vital Sense applies to hip shots, while Bladed Rounds requires you to be zoomed in.

EDIT: Just noticed you only listed 7 mods - maybe you left out Vital Sense by accident?

Edited by AM-Bunny

I've been using the standard Vulkar for a while (most used weapon at the moment) and the builds for Wraith are the same thing.

I personally just use:

-Serration

-Split Chamber

-Element 1

-Element 2

-Point Strike

-Vital Sense

-Lasting Purity

-Metal Auger (or Shred, depending on preference)

Because of this, I find there's little room to fit anything else, whether one would want to or not.

You'd only be using Argon Scope or Bladed Rounds to further bump up an already high base crit chance. Argon Scope and Point Strike would bring crit chance up to 77%, which isn't worth the additional mod slot in my opinion/experience. Bleeding Rounds would really boost up your crit headshots by a large degree, but it's hard to argue for its inclusion. You can technically opt out of Punch Through, but then the only way you "deal" with crowds is by Lasting Purity's AoE.

For that reason, I'd say it's best not to worry about slotting in the new mods.

lI64wTe.png

and add Argon Scope... or Shred. very difficult decision.

on one hand, you can get more reliable Crits to Kill what you're directly aiming at more often... on the other hand, you can shoot Enemies through walls, take out dozens of Enemies in one shot or atleast deal Damage to many Enemies at once to increase your effective Damage Output... all kinds of good stuff.

going for extra Crit Damage is ridiculous, that suggests you're okay with expecting to shoot an Enemy 3 or 4 times to Kill it.

instead of increasing reliability and being able to more often get that Crit/double Crit to Kill the Enemy in just 1 or 2 shots.

at 90RPM(without RoF Mods), Vulkar isn't exactly a machine gun. not Critting on a Shot is painful, and a complete waste of Ammo. but most importantly wastes time.

that whatever that's trying to Kill you gets to shoot you a lot more if you don't Crit and have to try shooting again, and again, and again.

this is similar to those that opt to use Crits on Opticor. i mean... you can, but you get very inconsistent Damage, with usually being pretty meh, and once in a while blowing your target away.

with pounch trough  almost every rifle is much more effective...mobs coming in big groups and u can kill multiple enemies with 1 shot....and wulkar has only 50%crit with point strike.. its not worth it use argon or hammershot on it..... wepons like dread soma who has very good crit argon is perfect choice