Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Making Room For Blood Rush

WindBlade

Question

ok, as a rule on crit melee weapons I use the following - 

pressure point, fury, spoiled strike

true steel, organ shatter, berzerker

2 element mods.

if I wanted to make room for blood rush (and optionally body count), what should I drop?

9 answers to this question

I would drop the true steel mod because if u are going to use Blood rush you will quickly out pace the bonus of it. i would also drop spoiled strike for body count to make blood rush more feasible as a faster attack rate + crit = higher DPS. 

Edited by PlateSkyFace

Depends on the weapon. If the weapon has high base crit chance, drop True Steel. High base attack speed, drop Fury and possibly True Steel. You'll have to playtest to see what combination of mods best suits you.

Body Count makes Blood Rush infinitely better, I'd probably put on Body Count before Blood Rush.

drop fury

Yes, replace this with body count since those 15 seconds mean you can take your time reaching enemies, no need to worry about hitting tme in that 3 second period.

Fury and Berserker I'd say would be least priority, even if weapon speed is great, but don't sacrifice damage for crits, is my thinking.

As Tsoe stated drop fury. I would keep berserker because then you can proc to hit faster. YOU DO NOT NEED TRUE STEEL. Since you have body count, you can rack up a huge combo. Blood rush multiplies that chance by your combo meter. An example is Blood Rush gives 60%, your combo meter is at 2X, you would have 120% crit chance. That gives you more than a maxed true steel. Though, this is for if you are planning for an all/mostly melee mission. If you are just gonna quick melee, keep true steel, and keep your build.

drop the elementals you definitely don't need them

if youre using a sentinel then just put the armor /health/shield stripping elementals on its rifle and use your melee as it should be slide attacks will kill anything quite efficiently.

Edited by ranks21

With the increased frequency in crit rate you won't likely need both Fury and Berserker. 

I wouldn't get rid of True Steel so easily: it's important to note that Blood Rush multiplies your final critical hit rate. So if you're using a 20% critical chance weapon Blood Rush takes it to 53% crit rate. If you're using a 20% critical chance weapon, True Steel takes it to 32% and then as soon as you enter the mission Blood Rush modifies that to 84.8% crit rate. 

Comparitively, your combo modifier to crit chance will look like this: 

20% * Blood Rush: 
1.0 = 53%
1.5 = 69.5%
2.0 = 86%
2.5 = 102.5%
3.0 = 119%

20% * True Steel * Blood Rush
1.0 = 84.9%
1.5 = 111.2%
2.0 = 137.6%
2.5 = 164%
3.0 = 190.4% 

True Steel is going to throw you into red crit territory extremely quickly, meaning that it's worth a lot more with Blood Rush than it is by itself. I wouldn't even suggest using it without Blood Rush, to be perfectly honest. 

Spoiled Strike isn't doing much for you with only 2 elementals either when you factor in its' swing speed. It's still better than another elemental against Grineer if you aren't using 4x Corrosive Projection, but in all other instances you'd probably get more damage out of a 90% Fire Elemental or Body Count. 

Edited by Acos