Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Good Tonkor Build?

RedVeilOperative

Question

Hey guys, I just put a second forma on my Tonkor. At the moment, my mod space is at 0/60. Is this a good mod layout? I'm going for a purely damage/crit build, but if you have any other suggestions please leave a comment and a reason why so I learn why it's better than what I have. This weapon currently has two forma for two V polarities, currently on Serration and Split Chamber.

MODS:

6/10 Serration (+105% Damage)

5/5 Split Chamber (+90% Multishot)

5/5 Point Strike (+150% Crit Chance)

5/5 Vital Sense (+120% Crit Damage)

5/5 Bladed Rounds (While zooming in, 120% crit damage after a kill for 9 seconds)

0/3 Firestorm (+6% Blast Radius)

5/5 Fast Hands (+30% Reload Speed) 

3/3 Terminal Velocity (+60% Flight Speed)

STATS:

Accuracy: 12.5

Crit Chance: 87.5%

Crit Damage: 5.5x

Fire Rate: 2.00

Magazine: 2

Noise: Alarming

Reload: 1.5

Status Chance: 18.1%

Puncture: 290.7

Blast: 1,265.4

Thanks for any help!

Edited by KaztoraMusic

8 answers to this question

No elementals, you should have atleast two.

Should I maybe take off Fast Hands and Firestorm?

In the words of AGGP, don't mess up your elemental combos.

When you get the forma, use this.

MEvCCUJ.jpg

If you feel like it, use could replace Heavy Caliber for Bladed Rounds.

This looks like a pretty solid build! At first I was skeptical about Argon Scope, then I realised if you get a headshot it's almost guaranteed red crit. Nice build! I'll give it a shot!

Edited by KaztoraMusic

I would remove firestorm for more elemental damage or at least heavy cal. the radius is already pretty large for tonkor. and maybe take out fast hands, the reload isn't that bad for how much it can kill instantly. blast is a bad damage type and having a better elemental combo will put your damage output in a great place. 

But I do say that tonkor is good no matter what so if this build is what you like, and you're not into min/maxing then yes this build is adequate 

That's a nice build, but if I were you, I'd up your serration to max out the mods you already have on their. Also, while split chamber is nice, tonkor is one of the few weapons I can live without split chamber as the grenade spread ruins accuracy more than heavy caliber, so if you're having accuracy problems, consider the switch. Hammer shot is also nice on it and the reload increase is good. Try to change it up a bit to add elemental mods as they provide more damage increase than crits can. Corrosive provides a 75% damage increase to ferrite armor, good for grineer and infested. Radiation does the same for alloy armor and magnetic for shields. Viral does it for flesh and gas for infested. Blast is only good for ancient infested with a 50% increase.

Should I maybe take off Fast Hands and Firestorm?

This looks like a pretty solid build! At first I was skeptical about Argon Scope, then I realised if you get a headshot it's almost guaranteed red crit. Nice build! I'll give it a shot!

and with the tonkor it will always register as head shot