Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Farming Kills For Weekly Leaderboards

Trancemaster

So i have been farming a bunch of kills this week to get up on the top 16 leaderboard again, and are currently holding rank 10.

But the real question here is. Where in all seven holy hells is this taiwan guy SS3533294 from CatMoe farming his 500k kills? He is doing this weekly and sometimes way more then 500k currently at 524.

I decided to pull an all nighter because i am in the EU and he is somewhere in the land of the immortals. So his playing hours would be early in the morning for me. 

So i checked his kills and wrote down 468k and around 3 hours later he was up to the amount of 524k thats a HUGE leap in terms of stuff that has to die to make this man happy.

In that 3 hour timeframe i managed to score around 4.1k solo in the orokin derelict survival butchering things with excalibur.

now what is going on here? is he multiboxing 4 accounts? 3 accounts just sit afk in the map for max spawns while he kills on the 4th guy? is it draco? is it some low level grineer survival map where you can stay for hours without end?

His profile clearly says he is playing with the frame Equinox (6.4mil)  or Ember prime (3.9mil) and killing the Grineer 7.6mil followed by the corpus at 4.1mil

Jelly ☑

Confused ☑

Insight anyone?

Edited by Trancemaster

So i have been farming a bunch of kills this week to get up on the top 16 leaderboard again, and are currently holding rank 10.

But the real question here is. Where in all seven holy prime part hells is this taiwan guy SS3533294 from CatMoe farming his 500k kills? He is doing this weekly and sometimes way more then 500k currently at 524.

I decided to pull an all nighter because i am in the EU and he is somewhere in the land of the immortals. So his playing hours would be early in the morning for me. 

So i checked his kills and wrote down 468k and around 3 hours later he was up to the amount of 524k thats a HUGE leap in terms of stuff that has to die to make this man happy.

now what is going on here? is he multiboxing 4 accounts? 3 accounts just sit afk in the map for max spawns while he kills on the 4th guy? is it draco? is it some low level grineer survival map where you can stay for hours without end?

His profile clearly says he is playing with the frame Equinox and killing the Grineer 7.6mil followed by the corpus at 4.1mil

Insight anyone?

Draco doesn't scale well, so could very well be that, yes. Regardless If hes using equi to do it it's very clear he is day form nuking a small map. Any small map would do, not reasonable though.... Also, day 1 players have that amount of kills, as this game is pushing over 2yrs old. He could just be a very dedicated, very active day 1 player. Bet if you check his hours he'll be well over 3000+

Edited by (PS4)Poloboyzz93

An interesting note for you, survival alerts and syndicate missions don't scale up as time goes on (haven't played one past the required time since u18 hit, so that may have changed... I needed ferrite lol). Find a way to slay hundreds of them at light speed and you will have a fast way to rank up kills (Equinox comes first to mind). So, yeah. Most likely more than one character participating though. 

So there's three big unknowns here.

The damage, the enemies, and the upkeep.

- Damage

Equinox's 4th ability causes AOE damage, slash procs, stuns, and when released fires off all the built-up damage from kills.  With the right kind of modding it's possible to cause kills on weak enough enemies from the initial damage (up to 426) and slash procs, then hit 4 every so often to kill the tankier things that just stand around stunned.

- Enemies

It doesn't have to be survival/interception/defense to spawn infinitely.  It's possible they're standing somewhere in a mission without a fixed enemy count that tries to spawn constantly to project an objective (say, the last room of a deception mission which is commonly farmed for stealth affinity for Focus).  They could be out of the way and leaving the alarms on or something?

- Upkeep

If they're out of sight, then energy regen is the main issue.  They may be holding a syndicate weapon that grants energy when it procs, such as the Rakta series granting 25 energy to Equinox each time it fires off.  That wouldn't be enough to keep up Maim indefinitely unless Maim is strong and fast enough to use less than one energy per enemy.

So there's some basic ideas, anybody else got more experience or numbers or thoughts?

I get the feeling its multiboxing because not even the asian guys are crazy enough to just sit afk in a mission all day every day so that the other asian guy in the group can get alot of kills? or is it?

A older youtube video about running more then one client to reap the benefits 

Man how i miss the old galaxy map and starchart progression

- And the facts we know is that he likes to kill things and he uses either equinox or ember. 

I have tested the ember tactic on a low level survival grineer map Apollodorus (mercury) with 2 guys in the map you can get around 1.1k kills in 20min so thats roughly 3.3 - 3.5k/hour so basicly the same that i can get in the ODS map that i mentioned in first post.

I have also scouted the leaderboards for him to try and find the mission. You do this > escape > profile > leaderboards > pick mission and planet. So by looking at defense, survival and interception i couldent find his name anywhere. BUT there lies the problem, If he were to stay for 30min in each mission/run his leaderboard would not skyrocket in kills it would climb in a decent pace. So the fact is closer to what Rydian said he has to stay in a mission that is just constantly trying to spawn stuff without any end and it does not have to be a infinite map.

And if he can score 60k kills in 3 hours (give or take a few K who cares at this point?)

that is around 333kills/min > 333x180 = 59940 kills in 3 hours

can you imagine seeing 333 mobs just rushing to their doom? for 180min straight that spot would be the best place ever to be when it comes to materials - mods and experience

Jelly ☑

Confused ☑

Edit: Poloboyzz we are talking about weekly leaderboards. I am not sure if you have those on PS4 but on PC the permanent boards was wiped a long time ago and we now run with weekly resets of everything. His lifetime kills and playtime is something that no mortal being should have xD

Edited by Trancemaster

He is doing what everyone on PS4 does on Elion with Equinox, videos were made to bring it to DE's attention.

The problem now is can DE fix these without ruining the game mode? Most players know of Elion, but our clan has found it to work on just about any planet and multiple game modes. It's really boring, and even the afk timer can be circumvented so he could literally be killing 24 hours a day.

Edited by (PS4)D4rk50ul-v2

You're allowed to have multiple accounts as long as they don't interact.  If somebody sees him multi-clienting in the same mission, they can file a support ticket and he risks a ban.

As far as rapid kills... 525K a week is 75K a day.  If we assume something like 16 hours a day killing (if he was "playing" 24h, that'd be an AFK farming exploit to be reported) that's 4,687 kills an hour, or 78 kills a minute, or 1.3 kills per second for 16 hours straight...

He's gotta' be finding some sort of spawn issue where he can rapidly kill enemies as they spawn, other than that he found some great upkeep scenario to leave the game running that long.

He is doing what everyone on PS4 does, videos were made to bring it to DE's attention. It can be done on just about any mid to low level planet.

The problem now is can DE fix these without ruining the game mode? Most players know of Elion, but our clan has found it to work on just about any planet and multiple game modes. It's really boring, and even the afk timer can be circumvented so he could literally be killing 24 hours a day.

Thanks alot man for that huge knowledge bomb (atlest it is for me) feels like i know more now then i did 10 years ago.

The truth is that i had no clue that you could do something like that. so if it still works then that is a brilliant way to farm stuff, the spawnrate in the video is based on 1 player so with 4 guys just chilling downstairs that is alot of kills.

I wonder if he is doing one of these tactics then. Seems to be way better then what i am doing 

Edited by Trancemaster

Man i love that insight - feels like i know more now then i did 10 years ago. The truth is that i had no clue that you could do something like that. IF it still works then that is a brilliant way to farm stuff, the spawnrate in the video is based on 1 player so with 4 guys just chilling downstairs that is alot of kills.

I wonder if he is doing one of these tactics then. Seems to be way better then what i am doing

The spawn rate is insane with 4 people, it can be done on any planet using Ember or Equinox, and with two players you can sleep while you do it. I won't make videos for all of the spots, if DE wants help fixing the glitches they can ask =)

Elion Mercury is where he is doing it if using Equinox, it's Grineer and lacks Oxium Osprey so Embers extra hitting power isn't needed.

For the record I don't endorse this, the video was made due to being challenged for kills after we clearly knew the others were using an exploit. We just got bored and found a bunch more, we simply don't use them.

The spawn rate is insane with 4 people, it can be done on any planet using Ember or Equinox, and with two players you can sleep while you do it. I won't make videos for all of the spots, if DE wants help fixing the glitches they can ask =)

Elion Mercury is where he is doing it if using Equinox, it's Grineer and lacks Oxium Osprey so Embers extra hitting power isn't needed.

^ This. Elion Mercury with Equinox surely.

For the record I don't endorse this, the video was made due to being challenged for kills after we clearly knew the others were using an exploit. We just got bored and found a bunch more, we simply don't use them.

Yeah solid things man. I have been one of those thats been hoarding kills since i started this game back in closed beta. And the tactics some people came up with are amazing.

In the old days we farmed calisto and xini (infestation defense) with ember and mag. Then it was all about the Kappa mission with 4 ppl. Now its something new. 

And with this information out maybe we will start seeing some actualy competition with the taiwan mafia. But it feels wrong saying that. How can something be competitive if you are sleeping infront of the monitor? oh wait look at hearthstone.

My faith is once more renewed and its time to stay awake and try more stuff. New farming spots lets go

Edited by Trancemaster

Yeah solid things man. I have been one of those thats been hoarding kills since i started this game back in closed beta. And the tactics some people came up with are amazing.

In the old days we farmed calisto and xini (infestation defense) with ember and mag. Then it was all about the Kappa mission with 4 ppl. Now its something new.

And with this information out maybe we will start seeing some actualy competition with the taiwan mafia. But it feels wrong saying that. How can something be competitive if you are sleeping infront of the monitor? oh wait look at hearthstone.

My faith is once more renewed and its time to stay awake and try more stuff. New farming spots lets go

Half the reason most people in this game, don't go looking. Because they're dense.

Why should long time players, who's spent time learning these things tell new players these things.

Same reason we've got Draco in the recruitment chat, because of this bull$hit, minus the design problems, but that's another topic.

One, which you can explore here.
https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/587222-someone-please-exlain-to-me-about-draco-hate/?p=6647741

Why should a person with this amount of time (5k hours) help the other person?
MjE130g.jpg

Then the community gets stupid posts like this one:
https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/592946-cheese-needs-to-be-removed-from-the-game/

It's not just about having dem skills, it's about knowing your S#&$ as well. It's not just about knowing which gun does what. It's sometimes knowing about how far as gun or melee fires, knowing which tileset you're going into. Edited by Kinjeto

Half the reason most people in this game, don't go looking. Because they're dense.

Why should long time players, who's spent time learning these things tell new players these things.

Same reason we've got Draco in the recruitment chat, because of this bull$hit, minus the design problems, but that's another topic.

One, which you can explore here.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/587222-someone-please-exlain-to-me-about-draco-hate/?p=6647741

Why should a person with this amount of time (5k hours) help the other person?

MjE130g.jpg

Then the community gets stupid posts like this one:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/592946-cheese-needs-to-be-removed-from-the-game/

It's not just about having dem skills, it's about knowing your S#&$ as well. It's not just about knowing which gun does what. It's sometimes knowing about how far as gun or melee fires, knowing which tileset you're going into.

The game mechanics aren't hard to understand, I certainly don't think you need 5k hours to be a good player. I'd rather help the community learn than sit around acting all elitist and saying people don't deserve to know. Some dude no life afk farming isn't skillful, it's tryhard meaningless leadboard smashing.

The game isn't challenging, it's time consuming and there is a big difference between the two. Rather than trying to prove how good oneself is, try sharing the knowledge and help DE make it a better experience for all by exposing potential exploits/glitches/bugs/over efficient methods.

P.S. Draco was meant to show DE an in game issue, had we known how bad it would get I doubt the live streaming or video would have ever happened.

• 1 month later...

What people were recently doing was using Equinox on Mprime Mercury. However now people are doing that mission but using Limbo because of the augment mod for cataclysm which adds a second of duration for each enemy killed inside of cataclysm. With that you can solo it and leave you're pc or console on over night and still get kills all by yourself. I've tested it myself.