Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

7 days without a catalyst

Malkav

So, it's been seven days already. So far I know of only one catalyst that droppped though everything else did (several times infact). So I'm getting a bit stressed cause all my weapons are beyond lvl 15 and lvling them on higher lvl mobs is getting increasingly difficult. Farming for high level mods requires a good team, but leveling unupgraded weapons takes time (especially the melee ones) and works best if you solo. Playing th same maps and weapons over and over again is starting to get a bit tedious. I already sold 3 weapons so I could get new ones to level up...

I know new missions will be comming out soon, but in the meantime I would appreciate if I could be awake when that catalyst drops and there's nothing to guarantee that.

I'm concerned that if i sleep through that one catalyst that would make one of my weapons peek I'll probablly stop playing the game till it gets more balanced.

Does anyone feel the same way?

Edit: With every ? alert that passes by I feel as if the next one might be it and it kinda stresses me out when it turns out that I have to wait even more. Is this a stress test for free players or something? Cause it kinda feels that way.

Edit:Finnaly a catalyst mission ^_^ and i didn't sleep through it. Got a load off my shoulders.

Edited by Malkav

To be honest, this feels like a really steep wall. I'm not sure how well non-paying free players will take to this. Of course you would imagine none of the paying players care whether free players have a hard time; it's less of an issue in a non-pvp enviroment. Normally, in F2P PvP games, the free players server as easy kills and stats padding for the paying players. It makes them feel good to have under geared people they can easily pick off. In a purely coop game, it's just less people to fight over kills with.

Multiplayer matches arn't really "coop" in its current state. Most people are fighting over each other to get the most kills... for some reason. Half the people only put up with playing with others to have less aggro to deal with or someone to revive them. There doesn't seem to be any scaling, so more people means less people shooting at you. There is no real coordination or strategy to speak of. People block each other's shots, even trolls each other by leaving people behind at elevators or breaking windows and stalling at the only hackable console.

The game seems really fun, until you hit the pay wall. Even if one catalyst was like 50 million credits, that would at least be something solid to work towards. The randomness of the current alerts doesn't really give any incentive to actually play the game. It's more waiting for a lucky payout. Eventually, the only reason to log on will be if someone reports a catalyst or reactor in an alert mission. Go long enough without any of those, and people will just quit the game altogether.

Edited by Ryme

I agree. There shoudl be a place you can go to endlessly grind for your super chargers, even if the drop rate were low you would feel like you were working toward it instead of waiting for that one rare opportunity that you could potentially fine one.

I said to myself I'd spend as little of my platinum as possible, and wait for the chargers like f2p players. I found that impossible, after farming around 5 of them, I realised the game couldn't keep up with my progression and things owuld just become frustrating.

I would say though that if you can afford a few dollars you could buy yourself three chargers, and it's not a lot when you consider you'll be supporting the deves. $5 and you're good to go, I'm sure many of you F2Pers can afford it (and before you jump on me, I'm not saying this is the perfect solution, it's just a solution for you in the meantime - I would definitely consider $5 to allow myself to play this game in a satisfying way a worthy investment).

They do need to balance this, though, soon, as you will hit this wall again even if you do buy yourself few chargers now. And not everyone is willing to pay to jump over it every time.

I agree. There shoudl be a place you can go to endlessly grind for your super chargers, even if the drop rate were low you would feel like you were working toward it instead of waiting for that one rare opportunity that you could potentially fine one.

I said to myself I'd spend as little of my platinum as possible, and wait for the chargers like f2p players. I found that impossible, after farming around 5 of them, I realised the game couldn't keep up with my progression and things owuld just become frustrating.

I would say though that if you can afford a few dollars you could buy yourself three chargers, and it's not a lot when you consider you'll be supporting the deves. $5 and you're good to go, I'm sure many of you F2Pers can afford it (and before you jump on me, I'm not saying this is the perfect solution, it's just a solution for you in the meantime - I would definitely consider $5 to allow myself to play this game in a satisfying way a worthy investment).

They do need to balance this, though, soon, as you will hit this wall again even if you do buy yourself few chargers now. And not everyone is willing to pay to jump over it every time.

I'm not going to stab at you just because you payed for a free game. Honestly I would too, but my current financial situation prevents me from doing so, even those 5$. This game has some much potential and I enjoy playing it but at the current state it's very hard to maintain the hype.

i have 1 catalyst from before they changed the system, 1 from when they changed how you get them to this new system, 3 warframes i worked for and built myself, like 9 melee weapons i earned myself, and today for the first time i finally had to buy a upgrade for my weapon because they would not drop in alerts. that really &!$$ed me of because as dedicated and willing to work as i was i couldnt even get one gun, one melee, and one frame upgraded in like 60 hours of play. and the one i got for my warframe i used the starting plat to buy so technically in 60 hours ive earned 1.

ive been leaving warframe open and doing my normal life stuff, checking every 40 or so minutes for an alert for like 12 hours a day..and doing every single alert that popped up. since i got my first one like 8 days ago there hasnt been another one unless i was asleep or not home and dont know of it.

I have paid for founders because I liked the game and want to support the devs.

But I still wanted to find the catalysts myself...

After 1 week of playing 4-6 hours a day with only getting 1 alert mission that droped a catalyst I said forget that and bought what I needed.

So yeah the chance of getting one catalyst is too low if you dont watch for alert missions 24h/day. And I play warframe more than any normal player so for someone who is playing 1-2 hours here and there will probably not even see an alert mission. The whole alert system and how it functions isnt good.

Agreed. There should at least be a mission where we can endless farm for the chance of getting a Orokin Catalyst/Reactor.

Waiting for one to come up... Is so crazy.

24 hrs a day and if that alert mission with the catalyst drop comes up for only 30 minutes. Well.. You can't have your computer with you all the time right?

I already posted this on suggestion that they change the alert missions and give incentives to people to actually do the normal MISSIONS.

Now, even normal missions and alerts doesn't give you mastery points, what the hell? Only way to get mastery points is level weapons and with that tiny inventory space it is ridiculous.

EDIT: Bottomline is, alert missions is poorly designed. I already brought this up in the gameplay feedback but it seems like a few players feel that this alert missions are no problem at all. Nothing they can't handle. They think that everyone should be on a 24hr standby IRL and set your phone notification pushback alarm so that whenever an (?) alert comes up you will be on standby. Which in my opinion, is ridiculous.

I play the game when I want to play the game. Not play the game when I am told to play the game because there is something that will only (Orokin Catalyst) drop now and if you miss this window of opportunity which is around 30 minutes, then you will have to wait weeks maybe months for the next window of opportunity.

Edited by Ronteque

I pay for the game so i have no problems with cats and reactors. (lol, cats!)

But i truely understand people who are not willing or just can`t pay for platinium. It's frustrating for them.

I hope the devs do something about it.

Maybe raise reactors and cats dropchance and raise the cost to craft them to something like 200k-500k.

I believe that if the game is fun more people will support it but at the moment the rarity of catalysts and reactors is breaking the fun

enormous for people.

I think the changes allready happend (pro-system to cata/reactor) have been a step in the right direction, but not sure if this is enough.

Maybe we need just more not gamechanging stuff (skins/colors/weaponskins...) we can pay with platinium.

It should be more like "The game is fun so we pay" and not" I have to pay to keep the fun"

Edited by antimab

What else are they going to sell, if not Catalysts?

skins, colors, exp boosts, warframes, weapons etc

Good f2p games sell things that are not needed to progress but that people want to buy if they like the game or want to speed things up.

Bad f2p games sell thing that you must have to progress and have a wall that stops you if you dont pay up.

Edited by Karzak

Good f2p games sell things that are not needed to progress but that people want to buy if they like the game or want to speed things up.

Actually, I'm pretty sure even the good ones sell things that are inherent to progression, but also offer the change to find them in game.

Much like Warframe does...

The process just requires a little tweaking, is all.

Beta, remember? ;)

Actually, I'm pretty sure even the good ones sell things that are inherent to progression, but also offer the change to find them in game.

Much like Warframe does...

The process just requires a little tweaking, is all.

Beta, remember? ;)

that depends of what you mean with progression

I have played hundreds of f2p games (yeah I have too much time) and havent played any good ones where there is a wall.

I agree it needs tweaking

Yeah I know its beta thats why I speak about whats not good in the game so they can look at it and fix it for the better for everyone.

How you get catalysts now and alerts isnt a good design.

They dont need to win over me.. have already spent $50 on founder and will probalby give them even more money because I like the game.

Edited by Karzak

Haven't exactly expanded their selection of customization options just yet, but I'm hoping for the best in the coming updates. Pretty sure game mechanics are taking priority over the typical cosmetic cash shop fair.

Current Alert system only works to a degree, I would say. EIther they need a change in the drop rate (because the drop seems fixed to a certain blueprint anyway), or the should be acquirable from other missions somewhere.

i "payed" for the game but still didn´t used any of my pltn, yes i got a supercharge Warframe and a sword within the Founder bonus, but except the additional colour pack is bought nothing and still leave my 3k pltn untouched.

I just feel like if i by all i want the game is less fun and grinding is a big part of games like this.

So after 2 weeks i got my Ash Warframe now working on getting rhino, and yes had to sepnd additional 20 for a new slot.

But back to topic:

I didn´t get a catal. in any aleart mission with an "?" and i did them for artefacts. Also a Clan member got one y logging in dayli, i know thast a really small chance but its another way to upgrade your chance to get one.

Again i think this game gives you plenty of oppertunitys to not spend money and get all you need it just takes really much time. And thats how live works right eather you got time or money.

And don´t forget if there is less reason to spend real money. less player do, and if this less gets to much. We wont play this for long.

Edited by Knastcore

Yeah, I totally get that they need to have some grind since it is an F2P title but if they turn it it up too high, it will just be a turnoff. Some way to let people know they're at least working towards whatever they want, rather then just hoping the loot gods smile on them, would help I think. I mean, even if you could get a blueprint to build an Orokin Catalyst or Reactor. Just something to give you a sense of progression.

SCREW THIS!!!!!! They just had a catalyst alert and I didn't make it after waiting for one time like this since like forever. Now it is going to be another week or two before the next catalyst?

All I do is:

1) Check smartphone e-mail

2) Go about my day

3) Check e-mail on computer at home

4) Go about my day

5) Check smartphone e-mail before going bed

7) Check smartphone in the middle of the night

8) Wakes up check smartphone e-mail

7) FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU Catalyst alert about 2 hours ago in my freaking time zone?!

I am officially done with this game if this keeps up. There is absolutely no joy in this game now. No catalyst blueprint, no game for me. This is stupid. I can't believe I have to keep checking my e-mail constantly to play this game. It is like I am not even playing this game I am working for it. I can't even sleep properly without checking my smartphone e-mail keeping a lookout for that catalyst alert. I am done with this game. Done. I am getting this stupid catalyst alert system out of my life.

Suggestion: Please create a different ALERT notification forum for people to follow. One ONLY FOR OROKIN REACTOR AND CATALYST BLUEPRINTS. (Because honestly this is what everyone freaking needs. No one gives a damn about those heat dagger, dark dagger and jaw sword bullcrap)

Edited by Ronteque

This game will most likely have more catalyst rewards for alert missions later on. It's too early in beta with not enough cash shop items that they can make some items so easilly obtainable. Aside from pluto missions all the others are still completable with lvl 15 weapons and when you recieve a catalyst from alert or daily login reward just be sure to use it on your best gear untill you can recieve another.

SCREW THIS!!!!!! They just had a catalyst alert and I didn't make it after waiting for one time like this since like forever. Now it is going to be another week or two before the next catalyst?

All I do is:

1) Check smartphone e-mail

2) Go about my day

3) Check e-mail on computer at home

4) Go about my day

5) Check smartphone e-mail before going bed

7) Check smartphone in the middle of the night

8) Wakes up check smartphone e-mail

7) FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU Catalyst alert about 2 hours ago in my freaking time zone?!

I am officially done with this game if this keeps up. There is absolutely no joy in this game now. No catalyst blueprint, no game for me. This is stupid. I can't believe I have to keep checking my e-mail constantly to play this game. It is like I am not even playing this game I am working for it. I can't even sleep properly without checking my smartphone e-mail keeping a lookout for that catalyst alert. I am done with this game. Done. I am getting this stupid catalyst alert system out of my life.

Suggestion: Please create a different ALERT notification forum for people to follow. One ONLY FOR OROKIN REACTOR AND CATALYST BLUEPRINTS. (Because honestly this is what everyone freaking needs. No one gives a damn about those heat dagger, dark dagger and jaw sword bullcrap)

If the rare drop rate of catalysts is too much for u to handle and creating this much of a problem then buy plat or wait for this game to be out of beta...