The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How Do You Like To Farm Focus?

JonathanAce

Question

right now solo stealth deception/spy/sabotage with a melee weapon and xp booster for me maxes my focus in ~20m.

this will however change very soon as they showed us in the latest dev stream.

Edited by ..atom..

Stealth farming seems to be the best method.

Take a stealth frame, generally Loki or Ivara, then run around the map while cloaked, keeping the stealth multiplier up. Deception or Sabotage are generally the best for this.

Without an Affinity booster, with lenses on both my frame and weapon, I can get 75k in around 40 minutes.

I run Loki Prime Max duration Build Talon Weapon stealth kill

Unlike other weapons that get enemy attention talon can kill with the same range of melee they are not limited by the projectile stealth bullet but instead they have the melee range limit but since they are explosive this of course gives them the edge

With a greater lens and energy overflow, I can run 6 or 7 waves on draco with 3 others and get around 25k focus without a booster. Can any other method even compete?

I can max in 2 missions using a lensed Loki and melee weapon and running each mission in under 5 minutes using an Affinity booster.  Takes me 4 missions without it.

Hm, stealth loki or ash. With war, dread, tonkor usually. Go to Ceres spy. Be stealthy. At best a total of 60000 focus or so. And you get some stuff from spy vaults, t3 mobile defense etc.

That's quick method.

If I need survival drops I'll sit for an hour in survival as ivara, up to 40000 focus if well prepared.

I've amassed quite a number of dual stat mods, T2 and T3 void keys and useless ivara helmets and blueprints doing those spys. I also often run Neptune spy as Ash.

Ponaturi Sedna.  With booster, my record's twelve minutes, mission selection to back in the Liset.  LokiP/OrthosP, greater Naramon on both.  Far, far faster than Draco, and doesn't rely on anyone but me.  It's taking me a bit longer now, as I'm using Atterax with a normal Zenurik lens.  For bonus, I've been pairing up with buddies and letting them leech while I focus farm, then swapping.  Really nice for getting multiple forma dumped into something in a night, and, again, removes any possible toxicity and anger from the evening;  at the same time teaching said buddies that rushing into things like a bull in a china shop is not the optimal way to do things, thus improving their play.

Mostly, I don't.

I have a few lenses on warframes and weapons I prefer and I just play the game. I do my usual stuff and I get focus.

I don't sweat capping it or anything of the sort. The system is a bit half-baked at present and simply not worth getting too worked up over.

When I actually decide to do runs purely for the purpose of farming focus, I normally take an invis Loki, with Orthos P as the main weapon. Ceres deception lets me run in a circle from the entrance to the upstairs dropoff point, and back down in 3 distinct spawning zones; perfect for recasting invis with constant uptime. I get the full 75k in around 40 minutes with standard lenses.