The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My Ember Prime Build - I Want Feedback Please!

Esbia

19 answers to this question

What do you mean by max efficiency? 

The power efficiency stat caps out at +75%.

You can get 10% duration back by knocking Fleeting Expertise down a notch, and not lose any efficiency because you'd still be at +80%.

Edited by VKhaun

Maximum efficiency in warframe is 75%, so either max steamline and rank 3 fleeting = 70% or rank 4 fleeting for 75%. But I rather stay with rank 3, 5% is not worth losing 10% duration.

I have a specialize ember build, max range, over extended, medium duration and efficiency, go along with max blast status weapons, and I call it: "You shall not stand" build.

There are a lot of mods I would not use.

My build is:

-Blind Rage

-Transient Fortitude

-Stretch

-Streamline

-Fleeting Expertise

-Primed Continuity

-Primed Flow

-Cunning Drift

Last slot is for either Overextended or Intensify, depending on if I need more range or not.

The power efficiency stat caps out at +75%.

You can get 10% duration back by knocking Fleeting Expertise down a notch, and not lose any efficiency because you'd still be at +80%.

Oh ok, I didn't know that, thanks alot. New build updated with that in mind

Edited by Esbia

OP your build won't work at higher levels, you're using Firequake but you don't have enough range to utilise it. For low level content WoF will kill everything but it falls off quickly as enemy armour increases and Ember is very squishy. You're better off building for range and not worrying about the hit to PWR STR by using Overextended. Excessive range isn't good either as it tends to Firequake enemies far away while allowing the ones up close to shoot at you so don't use Stretch and focus on CC with both Firequake and high duration on Accelerant's stun.

OP your build won't work at higher levels, you're using Firequake but you don't have enough range to utilise it. For low level content WoF will kill everything but it falls off quickly as enemy armour increases and Ember is very squishy. You're better off building for range and not worrying about the hit to PWR STR by using Overextended. Excessive range isn't good either as it tends to Firequake enemies far away while allowing the ones up close to shoot at you so don't use Stretch and focus on CC with both Firequake and high duration on Accelerant's stun.

I've read elsewhere that the optimum range is around +180%. The difference between +160% and +180% should not translate into the build not working...

Use a maxed streamline and fleeting with greater than or equal to 40% duration for max efficient with WoF, will bring the drain to less than 1/sec.

You don't need more than 40% duration with Ember, accelerant will last long enough with it that low.

There is a benefit to having high range, don't believe anyone that tells you otherwise because with max range you can use accerant as a CC tool and lock down rooms while WoF kills them off.

I've read elsewhere that the optimum range is around +180%. The difference between +160% and +180% should not translate into the build not working...

I'd love to know what source that info came from. Give it a shot, you'll find you survive a lot longer using OE and not Stretch, rather than both. Problem is that WoF has a limit to the amount of enemies it can hit at one time so the bigger your radius, the more likely an enemy who's close enough to shoot isn't being CC'd.

I'd love to know what source that info came from. Give it a shot, you'll find you survive a lot longer using OE and not Stretch, rather than both. Problem is that WoF has a limit to the amount of enemies it can hit at one time so the bigger your radius, the more likely an enemy who's close enough to shoot isn't being CC'd.

Sorry it was 190% not 180%.... still not a massive difference. The original post was actually addressed to you, let me paste it to see if you remember:

The reason is pretty simple. Max range (250%) makes WoF have a 37.5m range. WoF though has a max number of targets it can hit per blast (iirc 3). 

If you don't contain your range manually, WoF will start randomly hitting things on a really wide area and chances are it'll start not hitting things in front of you. That is lethal at higher levels.

In my testing i tried the 235% and 250% range builds. At 60min in Egeria (Ceres survival, levels around 110) the 190% build was keeping me alive no sweat, and still had enough strenght to make us of Accelerant's buff (2.75x). The 235% build had me go down some and had a pitiful Accelerant boost (1.375x) since the only mod i could drop was Transient Fortitude. I also tried dropping TF and Primed Continuity to slot Stretch and Intensify but the issues with Firequake stayed the same. The second variant was better for Accelerant (2.125x), but Firequake was still unreliable as S#&$.

The 250% build was even worse, i would strongly advise against that. On top of having a completely unreliable Firequake, you'll have a super bad Accelerant, barely better than the first 235% build (1.75x) 

I remember that discussion yes. 190% range is using Overextended, he's advising exactly what I am. I USED to use OE and Stretch until that conversation. Then after testing what sounded like good logic from him, I discovered he was correct and removed Stretch from my build.

The entire build I use is a 3 forma build.

Aura - Energy Siphon/Corrosive Projection

Exilus slot - Power drift

P Continuity, Vitality, Rage, Streamline, Fleeting Expertise rank 4, Transient Fortitude, Overextended, Firequake

Edited by Zilchy

I remember that discussion yes. 190% range is using Overextended, he's advising exactly what I am. I USED to use OE and Stretch until that conversation. Then after testing what sounded like good logic from him, I discovered he was correct and removed Stretch from my build.

The entire build I use is a 3 forma build.

Aura - Energy Siphon/Corrosive Projection

Exilus slot - Power drift

P Continuity, Vitality, Rage, Streamline, Fleeting Expertise rank 4, Transient Fortitude, Overextended, Firequake

The difference between 160% and 190% is around 4m in range (24m vs 28m). I still fail to see how that would make a massive difference...

Edited by Esbia

Personally I love max range build. I took my ember to sorties and I play reasonably difficult void on daily bases with her and have zero problems, and full range ember will always outkill medium range ember in any circumstances. 

If you have especially high demands from surivability of your ember, make normal build for alerts, exterminations and starmap and "armored" high duty variant of ember without stretch and maybe with some protective /power mod instead. 

Ember Prime, 3 Forma. Swap power drift with mobilize or Rush for low level exterminate missions. 

WoF hitting too many targets that aren't close? Use accerant, it is a hard CC that staggers everyone in range, through walls, try doing more instead of standing around and relying only on WoF for CC.

WoF hitting too many targets that aren't close? Use accerant, it is a hard CC that staggers everyone in range, through walls, try doing more instead of standing around and relying only on WoF for CC.

I love how you immediately assume I don't know what I'm doing. Perhaps if you could read you would've seen the part where I recommended OP should build for Firquake CC and Accelerant's stun, could've saved yourself coming across with a superiority complex. Moving on.

Look OP it comes down to what you want the frame for, building for max range and damage is great for the Starchart, grinding xp etc but if you want to survive in a Sortie, T4 etc then build for CC and survivability with my build.

In high level content Ember survives by using Accelerant stun and CC, while killing with her weapons preferably boosted by Accelerant. I also use a Mios to Status and contain any dangerous close combat opponents since Ember is very squishy. Believe me when I say that while it doesn't sound like much difference in range, because it's in a circle around you it really is, just go to Egeria Ceres and play to the 30-40 minute mark and see which build let's you survive better. This is only my opinion though, it works for me, maybe something else will work for you. Actually testing builds in-game is the only way to know what works best for you.

Edited by Zilchy