The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How Good Is Banshee?

(PSN)plorpky

Question

22 answers to this question

after i started making banshee, one of my clan mates told me she isnt good for anything late game. other people online have said this as well, and i dont like to think i wasted all those credits. is she worth the time?

Your mates told you wrong. In truth, the only place she's any good is late game. Until her damage multipliers, stealth finishers and armor stripping (augments) become warranted, she's a high risk frame that just overkills everything.

Resonance-built Sonar is the best damage amplifier in the game.

A Soundquake build can staggerlock the entire map for a long time. Useful on some camping strategies.

Apparently the Resonant Maim combo is incredibly strong (Banshee built for Sonar with Resonance and Equinox built for Strenght to use Maim's damage).

i like her, waiting til her premium comes out to play her again. Also it depends on your friends definition of late game. I can run t4 survival with her solo. (Vor is unable to use powers, stack sonar 1 shot him with anything.) It's mainly an acquired taste. She's not a frame where you can run and stab people or use her ult for 2 hours. But that sonar and silence are if used properly. Heck, i've even brought her into raids for cc

like one of the best damage frames but with a high skill requirement

I recommend not touching the range to make the best use out of silence and do not EVER use sound quake (unless you want to die..).

Edited by vazerd68

Resonance-built Sonar is the best damage amplifier in the game.

A Soundquake build can staggerlock the entire map for a long time. Useful on some camping strategies.

Apparently the Resonant Maim combo is incredibly strong (Banshee built for Sonar with Resonance and Equinox built for Strenght to use Maim's damage).

this.

on XB1 a group went 7 hours in survival with 2 banshees, 1 equinox, 1 trinity. mainly running abilities over guns.

They seriously told u she isn't good for late game? If she isn't then I don't know what is.

1. Sonic Boom knocks down opponents that acts as a mild cc making enemies open for finishers. Sonic Fracture augment further improves this by giving you the capability to strip off enemy armor entirely.

2. Sonar lets you stack damage boosting multipliers on top of the other pretty much letting you put millions of damage.

3. Silence offers a cc through a form of stun while Savage Silence augment opens enemies to finishers that works well with other skill combinations..

4. Soundquake may not be the best cc skill and could use some tweak but it does it's job of putting enemies in place within range.

So yea.. Banshee is super squishy but incredibly powerful at the same time.

She's pretty underused and I'd prefer to keep it that way. Let your clannies stick to their Rhinos they will thank you later.

Edited by Oranji

She's pretty underused and I'd prefer to keep it that way.

Just wait for her premium skin when you'll suddenly see her everywhere. For a week or so, before she's dropped again.

I agree with pretty much everything you said. You can only get finishers from Silence with the augment, though. Nice thing about it, however, is that it stacks with other augments of the same kind (like Excalibur's Radiant Finish), so you can get some nasty numbers there.

Banshee not good for anything late game? lol where have you been? sonic fracture + range + just enough power strength = have fun forcibly stripping enemies of their armor for certain amount of time in late game. No joke, Frost would have to sacrifice a lot more mod slots to take off that much armor.

Already running 4 Corrosive Projection Auras? That's fine because you still have Sonar. If you thought a red crit headshot hurt, what would you think if their head was highlighted by sonar, which increases how much damage you deal based on power strength? Oh set duration and range? That's not a problem when you get the Resonance augment. Now everytime you hit the glowing dot on your target, it scatters to anything around it and INCREASES Sonar's duration in the process AND it can overlap with pre-existing dots, meaning you get another increase for hitting that spot.

thanks everyone. would you guys say a vulkar would be a good weapon for banshee?

Vulkar is pretty decent if you like snipers but imo outperformed by its bros like Lanka, Rubico and Vectis Prime.

Lanka has a charge mechanic like bows & can red crit, VectisP. is semi auto with 2 truck clips while Rubico works just like the Vulkar but with higher base crit multiplier and less status.

Pick one that fits ur playstyle.

thanks everyone. would you guys say a vulkar would be a good weapon for banshee?

Snipers have a rather hard time in this game in general, since there's hardly any tiles large enough for them. And with the recent rework, you'll have problems hitting the broad side of a barn when firing from the hip.

Personally, I'd rather go for a bow or the Latron family. Burston and Tiberon work pretty well with Sonar, too.

If you want to run quiet bows work extremly well with her as well. As to her survivabilty, when my clan goes void hunting and I'm on they all request my Banshee because of what sonar and silence does.

She is my main frame as well, use her 90% of the time unless I'm leveling a frame or its a mission better suited for a certain frame type.

what sniper would be best for this? ive been using my vulkar since mastery 1, i would really like to keep my snipers.

Some people will say Rubico or Lanka to do as much damage as possible. I'd pick a lighter, faster sniper like a speed-load Vectis or even just a rifle like Grinlok. But it really depends on your build.

You want to kill enemies as fast as possible, but without overkilling a 100+ Leech Heavy Gunner by 100k. Big numbers are pretty, but they don't really do anything useful that wouldn't be better served with other mods elsewhere.

As others have said, your friend is either misinformed or doesn't know how to play her. Banshee is one of the best frames in the game, but she's not a spam frame where you can just mash a button to win. 

A quick rundown of her skills

Sonic Boom - Ragdolls anything except flying units and doesn't rely on strength so it is useful no matter how high the enemies are. Combine with Sonic Fracture and with only just 140% strength you'll strip enemy armor in one blow. Even if you have negative strength(lets say you go for max range) 70% strength will strip all armor in 2 casts. 

Sonar - This is the skill that makes her so deadly. With max power strength you can get a 1500% increase in damage. Fortunately you don't even need that much. About 900% is all you need, especially when you combine it with Resonance. With a positive duration each Resonance proc will last longer than Sonar itself!

Silence - A very underrated skill, it can save your butt when you get surrounded or need to res an enemy, escape a room etc. The key is to balance the range with Sonar so you don't have guys hitting your Silence perimeter before you have a chance to kill them. 

Sound Quake - Super expensive but you can use it to lock down an area if need be. Probably best against Infested because they have very few ranged attacks. 

Here is my Resonance build for Banshee. You can slot in whatever Exilus mod you like, though I'd recommend against the range one as you want to keep Silence smaller

http://goo.gl/gr7FyH

Here's another build I came up with that focuses on using sonic boom/fracture to strip armor and CC people. It's sonar multiplier is a bit lower but still good for mid range content. 

The "Boom" Banshee

http://goo.gl/IiSgfQ

I'd recommend using Power Drift for this to minimize your power strength loss. Even with a 30% loss you'll still strip all enemy armor in 2 casts. 

As for guns, I don't use snipers much(haven't tried most of them honestly) but I prefer the Latron family for Banshee. It's accurate with a good RoF and high damage. (sonar takes care of any loss of damage to an actual sniper)

Banshee; the most underrated frame in the game. 

Savage silence build or Sonic fracture build can take you into late-game....until a Bombard one shots you. T.T

In fact, she used to be viable in T4 Survival but due to DE not giving a damn about her crappy armour, you'll struggle within the first few minutes due to said Bombards. T.T

Sad times for a great frame

I prefer weapons lime Latron, Sybaris, Grinlok, Tiberon over snipers, because you can hit Ressonance spots even at close range.

I am not surprised by your mates, this the general opinion about her. But you need to play with her to get your own impressions.

You will need to get used to retreat and roll a lot, lets say you should play with her like is a one shot game, and it is because you will one shot every godamn thing, I was a able to 2 shots acolytes lvl 75 on the Shadow Debt Endurance, with Sybaris, but you are made of paper so I really sugest a Winds of Purity - Furis for secondary weapon, it is acurrate enough to sustain fire on dat spot while heal you.

She underrated because ppl don't like to play with Warframes that make the job of the others easy, cough Oberon cough, ppl on general prefer SMASH E with Excalibur or press 4tw Ash. Just look how Mesa disapear, even with abilities like Shoting Gallery and Shater Shield, she isn't the auto turret of death like before.