The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fix Saryn's Rework, Please?

Issxi

She is too stressful to use. Her abilities cost an energy fortune and if you don't use all of them in tandem you aren't doing the most damage you can. She is too stressful to use and combo with and she can't survive in higher missions anymore. Her rework is the only one I've seen as a complete failure. I disliked the press 4 to win aspect of her, but Miasma is a joke now hanging out with Volt's ultimate on the bench. Her health is too low and the armor doesn't make up for it. Saryn was always supposed to be the female melee tank, and she can't do either of those jobs now without becoming a super tryhard.

I'm a Saryn main, and I'm very upset that you guys still think she in a usable state after the 'rework' you gave her.

Please make her the melee tank she was before.

She's fine. Max efficiency + rage works perfectly well for keeping energy stocked, and Regenerative Molt can easily replace Life Strike for keeping health in a good place. I somewhat agree on the subject of her armor, but the only place I notice a substantial change in survivability is excessively high-level content which isn't supposed to be balanced for anyway.

I also dislike that she requires specific mods in order to function properly, but that's kind of true for everything else in the game anyway so I'll just keep my fingers crossed for some improvements to the modding system in general. 

Yeah, she's a bit mroe trash than she was before.

I think she should have reduced energy costs like Mirage. There is also no reason why her armor can't be improved.

Also, don't toxin proc only scale with the base damage + mods that affect base damage? Damage status suck.

She is too stressful to use. Her abilities cost an energy fortune and if you don't use all of them in tandem you aren't doing the most damage you can. She is too stressful to use and combo with and she can't survive in higher missions anymore. Her rework is the only one I've seen as a complete failure. I disliked the press 4 to win aspect of her, but Miasma is a joke now hanging out with Volt's ultimate on the bench. Her health is too low and the armor doesn't make up for it. Saryn was always supposed to be the female melee tank, and she can't do either of those jobs now without becoming a super tryhard.

I'm a Saryn main, and I'm very upset that you guys still think she in a usable state after the 'rework' you gave her.

Please make her the melee tank she was before.

How is comboing saryn's skills anywhere close to stressful?

1. You hit a target with spore

2.Melee it with contagion

3.Reap energy

4.Cast miasma

1.Cast Molt

2.Spore on molt

3.GG you've done the same as above in causing viral and toxin proc

4.Cast miasma

While it can definitely be noted that the energy vs benefit cost is not in her favour, to argue that playing saryn now is "stressful" is a gross exaggeration. To even go as far as to call the rework a failure is pushing it.

Sayrn isn't bad at all. She's a debuffer. If you play her as a tank or a nuke. Then your playing her wrong. Her mission is to give everyone in a room Poison & Viral procs.

Viral procs are a great debuff, Toxin procs are horrible. She doesn't even have corrosive procs

Edited by Buzkyl

Sayrn isn't bad at all. She's a debuffer. If you play her as a tank or a nuke. Then your playing her wrong. Her mission is to give everyone in a room Poison & Viral procs.

I'm not playing her as a tank, i'm playing her not at all haha. No, but i tryed her obv. after rework. Put in almost max damage, stretch and some duration and my damage was kinda meh. Even tryed different suggested builds. I prefer atlas for this case to be honest, more damage and more fun to me.

You said debuffer, i can apply viral with ninkondi too. And toxin procs are overrated.

Edited by IceColdHawk

Yeah, she's a bit mroe trash than she was before.

I think she should have reduced energy costs like Mirage. There is also no reason why her armor can't be improved.

Also, don't toxin proc only scale with the base damage + mods that affect base damage? Damage status suck.

I'm sorry but I have to stick up for my girl Sayrn. Yes her energy cost is a bit high but not when you only use her 1st & 3rd abilities. (She doesn't need Maisma anymore tbh) Her armor doesn't need to be improved if she can shred her skin leaving a decoy behind. Her status procs & her ability to enable procs all over the place to so awesome. Love seeing Numbers Everywhere

I'm not playing her as a tank, i'm playing her not at all haha. No, but i tryed her obv. after rework. Put in almost max damage and some duration and my damage was kinda meh. Even tryed different suggested builds. I prefer atlas for this case to be honest, more damage and more fun to me.

Try max range rather than damage, mixed with a little duration.

I have no problems with Saryn at all. Not survivability or energy.

Saryn is very energy stable.

it increases as Enemy Level increases, it's beautiful.

i use far less Efficiency on Saryn than is the norm in Warframe, and still have tons of Energy available. i.e. i use considerably more Energy when using Saryn than most Players do, and still am fine w/ Energy.

Spores is a very effective 'perpetual motion' sort of Energy battery.

Miasma works as a good finisher if you're having trouble applying it.

(it's also very capable of dealing more Damage now than it was before, just not as a gamebreaking instant AoE Blast)

i still want my Health back ofcourse as there wasn't a reason to lose any, but other than that it's a universal improvement (other than Spores and Explosions, Explosions shouldn't pop them.).

once more, there's a few things that seem missing on Saryn(less Health for no reason, Toxic Lash should provide Damage Reduction rather than a barely useful Blocking Bonus, Toxic Lash should do something w/ Guns, and Miasma needs more CC capability such as being an actual Miasm - but it's still an improvement overall.

if you're having trouble, i recommend increasing the Enemy Level. it'll actually get easier to manage the Warframe.

Yes but Toxin is great when synergizing with Viral procs thou. Decreasing health while also cutting it in half. Corro is her Maisma.

Except Toxin procs scale off base damage, which means the less damage you deal the less effective it is.  Even when spore does not kill, Viral procs are always useful. If toxin procs can refresh and stack perhaps it would be great, but for now, it's bad. Also miasma deals Corrosive damage but no proc. So there is no debuff.

Saryn's Damage is now all DoT, meaning abit of damage and ALOT of duration actually becomes lethal in the long run.

Old Saryn = Compress as little duration on a DoT frame, which is such a silly notion

DE basically swapped the entire system around so it fits her DoTing theme, more duration > more damage in the long run. 

Except Toxin procs scale off base damage, which means the less damage you deal the less effective it is.  Even when spore does not kill, Viral procs are always useful. If toxin procs can refresh and stack perhaps it would be great, but for now, it's bad. Also miasma deals Corrosive damage but no proc. So there is no debuff.

Wait so with Sayrn Toxin Lash. You wonna use a melee with High base dmg? Because I run around with critical weapon with her. (Broken War)

Wait so with Sayrn Toxin Lash. You wonna use a melee with High base dmg? Because I run around with critical weapon with her. (Broken War)

The skill beign cenetered on melee is fine, however if the skill is only useful on certain melee weapons that's a problem.