Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Excalibur's Exalted Blade, Wukong's Primal Fury, And Shadow Debt Melee Mods

Auramaru

In the grand scheme of Warframe, it's surprising to see that at least Wukong's Primal Fury isn't affected by the new melee mods.

Both Excalibur's Exalted Blade and Wukong's Primal Fury are affected by an assortment of melee mods - excluding the new Shadow Debt melee mods.

While this is no surprise in the case of Exalted Blade - Wukong's Primal Fury could really use the damage-crutch. 

AghloYc.png

Obviously, the mods I have in mind are Blood Rush and Body Count. 

Primal Fury without the crit and combo count mods is worse than using regular melee. 

>>>Not so much of an opinion, it may be fact. 

Exalted Blade is up for debate though, because it crits quite alot already and is hands-down better than regular melee.

Strawpoll for Primal Fury:

http://strawpoll.me/6775653

Strawpoll for Exalted Blade:

http://strawpoll.me/6775656

What do you guys think?

I think Primal Fury needs the mods to be on par with regular melee and/or Exalted Blade. I think Exalted Blade could use Body Count... but other than that, I think the damage would be too much.

Except Primal Fury hits so many things at a time that the potential damage can't even be contested.

The same goes to any two-handed melee, yeah?

Scindo P berserker build has a lot of aoe, spin damage - much more than Wukong's Primal Fury from what I've seen

The same goes to any two-handed melee, yeah?

Scindo P berserker build has a lot of aoe, spin damage - much more than Wukong's Primal Fury from what I've seen

Put on prime reach and its starting range is insane add in strech  and range gained from combo spamm makes it ludicrous 

Do you want red crit Hysteria, cause this is how you get red crit Hysteria.

Why no love for Valkyr, or is her Hysteria exclusive to the other ones, or should it also be added.

To be more serious, the skill is either balanced around having the new mods or they are not. One would assume they are balanced around not having them since they are not effected by them. And if i am not mistaken this has been confirmed from DE that they were not supposed to be effected by them. So what you really want is to buff Excalibur's melee version of Exalted Blade, and buff Wukongs Primal fury.

Mandatory how, melee worked decent before the new mods arrived and with the exception of body count(that feels more like a band aid to how unrewarding melee has always been with the strike combo), all i can see is even more power creep from the new mods, and adding that power creep to already strong ability's would break them even more.

all i can see is even more power creep from the new mods

You people always only see power creep, without even realising what power creep is, and what game you are playing. Especially in case of new event mods - they have a great way of affecting melee, effectively promoting completely different play style with its own pros and cons.

However, while as Excal main I would be happy to see new mods working on him, allowing Body Count would be okay, but also allowing Blood Rush and Maiming Strike would be an overkill. Allowing these three mods on Hysteria would go beyond overkill.

well, that's kinda BS, since if you want to build for EB or PF or hysteria, you basically can't have a useful melee, since body count is pretty much mandatory on melee

This.

I totally 100% understand why the devs wouldn't want things like Body Count + Blood Rush on Exalted Blade or something, but having your ults be weakened just because you want your regular melees to be half-decent is simply absurd.

I think that the new event mods should stay unequippable on Ultimates for obvious reasons, but we should be able to build our Ultimates independently of our melee weapons.

Edited by SortaRandom

My guess is they are concerned about upping Hysteria's damage and all 3 exalted melees use the same mod pool. Honestly the whole mod restrictions on these weapons is getting a little silly and is being further compounded by the fact that it is not mentioned anywhere in the game what mods will or won't work. I suggested this as a possible solution a while back.

Shameless self promotion:

There are now several mods that do not impact your exalted weapons and some more just got added in the newest event but this is not spelt out anywhere in the game.

It would be easier and allow for more build diversity if we were able to mod exalted weapons like Exalted Blade, Primal Fury, and Hysteria seperately.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/601280-allow-us-to-mod-exalted-type-weapons-seperately-from-our-melee-weapons/

Edited by xRufus7x

My guess is they are concerned about upping Hysteria's damage and all 3 exalted melees use the same mod pool. Honestly the whole mod restrictions on these weapons is getting a little silly and is being further compounded by the fact that it is not mentioned anywhere in the game what mods will or won't work. I suggested this as a possible solution a while back.

Shameless self promotion:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/601280-allow-us-to-mod-exalted-type-weapons-seperately-from-our-melee-weapons/

This^^^

Thural made a good point too. If you want to have a good Exalted Blade or Primal Fury build you basically have to forsake your melee weapon to use mods that affect your ult.