Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So, You Encourage Long Missions, But Punish People For Doing Them Too?

Raito1337

As a sidenote: The afk timers in Survival and Defense are also a terrible idea. In these types of mission you tend to not run around for much, but rather camp in a safe spot. Most of the time people only move to loot every 2-5 minutes, and that's it. Otherwise it's only using abilities and shooting. This apparently marks you as afk and you're forced to jump and roll around like a squirrel on cocaine.

Wanna know great thing about this (and the AFK system in general)? It applies even when you play Solo.

Standing still (Ie: marked as AFK)...

with Energy Siphon? Disabled in Solo.

with Zenurik's passive energy regen? Disabled in Solo.

with an energy restore ticking? Disabled in Solo.

with Carrier trying to suck up life support capsules or loot? Disabled in Solo.

Edited by Ailith

Wanna know great thing about this (and the AFK system in general)? It applies even when you play Solo.

Standing still (Ie: marked as AFK)...

with Energy Siphon? Disabled in Solo.

with Zenurik's passive energy regen? Disabled in Solo.

with an energy restore ticking? Disabled in Solo.

with Carrier trying to suck up life support capsules or loot? Disabled in Solo.

This is not okay.

Mesa.

She was the entire reason the AFK Timer became a thing. 

I still don't see the point of nerfing grind in a grind game. Just, WHY?!

This is not okay.

I'm still wondering why there's so many replies that agree with the title. Usually you post one thing AGAINST grind, prepare to be arse-r_ped by haters who don't even play the game.

There's a reason defense missions are designed with multiple entrances and angles for the enemy to shoot from. It is not designed in a way that you can stand completely still and win unless you are doing extremely early defense missions or using a high powered nuke frame.

Survival is designed in such a way that you are forced to move to collect life support. It is designed with the idea that you will be moving around in mind. If you camp in certain areas the enemies will stop spawning, even, just to force you to move out.

If you decide to employ a strategy that clashes with the AFK timer then the one at fault is you, not the game's design.

Your second statement isn't entirely true. Me and a friend have a great plastid farming spot and it requires little movement because of how many life support caches that drop from the enemies and they just keep coming.

I've never actually had this afk timer trigger on me... and I use a sniper rifle in T defense. I tuck down next to the lasers and proceed to streak bullets across mowing down almost everything coming at us.

So I think Aiming with rightclick will stop it.

Ask for it triggering in solo.... just no. It should never trigger in solo.