The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sentinel Rebalance Please?

Minamitsu

Seriously though, it would be really nice to actually want to use something besides Carrier and Helios.

Shade cloak is too unreliable and doesn't do much else.

Diriga hardly seemed to do anything when i used it.

Wyrm is just an extra bit for enemies to shoot at.

And the one that bothers me the most, Dethcube is extremely underwhelming, especially for being a sentinel that emphasizes having 'deth' in the name. Helios can easily out damage it at longer ranges as well as do more than shoot.

I don't use Carrier anymore. It's pointless for me having ton of every resources and everything.

Having the codex fully completed except some rare crawler eximus here and there Helios has no use as well.

Diriga is way more useful than some resource-sucking ability, especially vs infested and at higher levels its zapper incapacitates them to get easy kills and the other precept zaps many units at once with 30-50% electric status chance.

And with the highest range of all sentinels of 70 meters it can one shot everything below lvl 50-60 with a modded Vulklok.

Also better CC than Sweeper if you put 2 event mods and 2 for firerate at least.

Main reason to craft Shade: help with Spy mission

Main flawn of SHade: doesnt help much in spy mission.

Generally Spy 2.0 is awaited for.

However, i am sceptical about buffing sentinels/kubrows in terms of raw power. Since this could lead to them being important part of frame firepower. Which i dont like. I prefer sentinels as little thing which just add a little, but without it my frame is just as good.

Personally, I like Diriga and Carrier. But I do accept Carrier is better.

Shade is simply inferior to Huras Kubrow...like the only area where Kubrows actually take a solid gain over sentinels.

They have to take several sentinels (and Kubrows) back to precept development. The weapons are for the most part acceptable (Deth machine gun excluded) but the precepts are just really staggeringly mediocre.

Secondly, the durability of sentinels needs to be addressed, Carrier is significantly more durable than Diriga and it really shows in battles with lots of AOE (Sapping ospreys, Bombards, etc). The rest of them are so flimsy.

But in the end, these changes would be hard to equate as anything other than buffs for the lesser used sentinels and just raw buffing isn't always the best way to go.

It's not just the Sentinels themselves, but also the weapons they come with. Diriga and Carrier are the only Sentinels that come with something that can be considered a weapon > decent/good damage + good status chance. The weapons of the other Sentinels have neither damage nor enough status chance to provide at least some utility. They are simply useless and badly need some re-balancing.

It's not just the Sentinels themselves, but also the weapons they come with. Diriga and Carrier are the only Sentinels that come with something that can be considered a weapon > decent/good damage + good status chance. The weapons of the other Sentinels have neither damage nor enough status chance to provide at least some utility. They are simply useless and badly need some re-balancing.

say that to my helios that one shots level 100 trash mobs in bulk and can take out a bombard easily enough.

The rest are terrible though.

Main reason to craft Shade: help with Spy mission

Main flawn of SHade: doesnt help much in spy mission.

Generally Spy 2.0 is awaited for.

However, i am sceptical about buffing sentinels/kubrows in terms of raw power. Since this could lead to them being important part of frame firepower. Which i dont like. I prefer sentinels as little thing which just add a little, but without it my frame is just as good.

We are in Spy 2.0

What you want is an overhaul on Stealth, but we are getting there, its not an "all at once" change, its "bit by bit":

A long time ago, in a galaxy far far away...

Enemies would just brush the Hack terminal and the whole level was alerted, no way to return to un-alertness.

Spy missions were: hack a Terminal that would appear randomly in a normal title-set and carry a datamass away.

An enemy would see you and the whole level and their grandmother 3 title-sets away would know you were there.

Recently... somewhat

Enemies take time to hack the terminal, giving you the chance to stop them, and you can reset the alarms.

Spy missions became what they are now.

Enemies have a "hearing" radius and sounds do not pass from one title-set to another

Comming Soon

Mini-map will show the direction the enemy is facing when you have Enemy Radar/Sense/Animal Instinct.

What needs to change:

Enemies have to get out of their covers when unalerted because they will see if as if they were alerted if you go their way.

I will agree that Shade needing Line of Sight of an enemy to activade is stupid, would it be so hard to make it "as soon as an enemy enter a radius" like Huras' Stalk?

Edited by Kao-Snake

Sentinels 2.0

- all Sentinels pick up loot like carrier, but Carrier also periodically replenishes your ammo.

Carrier/Carrier prime:

- drops ammo for teammates every so often

- replenishes player Ammo with an 8 second Cooldown between refills.

Helios:

- no longer uses Player Codex/Synthesis charges; has it's own supply.

- Deconstructor has a chance to proc magnetic damage on targets.

- if Helios scans a large target, such as a heavy gunner, it prioritizes them over other enemies, unless they are within Melee range.

Diriga:

- Diriga now aims at faraway enemies more often, and has increased accuracy with the Vulklok.

- Diriga's crowd Control is buffed.

- Diriga Spots targets for the player when they are zoomed in with a Sniper Rifle.

Wyrm/Wyrm prime:

- focuses on close-medium range targets

- fires in accurate bursts

- Dispersion is buffed.

Dethcube:

- Deth Machine Rifle now acts like an SMG: high fire rate but with less accuracy.

- Vaporize deals more damage and fires quicker.

- new ability: "Cube Shield" - Dethcube occasionally emits it's own protective force field (only protects Dethcube, lasts for a few seconds)

Djinn:

- Djinn emits a venomous pulse that Procs toxin on on nearby enemies

- Djinn can also emit a gas that acts like a smoke screen, obscuring enemy vision and dealing Viral damage.

Shade/Prisma Shade:

- Shade now cloaks as reliably as the Huras Kubrow.

- Shade deals more damage, and deals bonus damage to targets facing away from it.