Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Exalted Blade: Theoretical Question (Try Not To Burn It Down)

PikeOrShield

Would having Body Count and Blood Rush working on just Excal's sword (not the waves) be to powerful?

I have been trying to do the math, but I am really just burning myself out.  If you didn't already know, Excals melee combo counter only adds up if he actually melees with his sword.  Would it be a bad thing if those two mods worked on his sword only (not the waves, again, for people who don't read)?

Please don't give me the "it's a feature" crap and move on.  Super Jump was a feature too *small tear*.

I was discussing this with a friend and I am just trying to figure out how much his damage output would jump and/or potential issues if this was put in, other than people actually starting to melee with Excal... unthinkable right?

Not really, blood rush already doesnt work on the ability weapons (valk, excal, wukong). As for body count, it does effect exalted blade, however, the blades do not count for the total combo count, as you said. It is fairly difficult to hit an enemy without killing them with the blade wave. 

Based on how people use exalted blade which is just to spam the waves as they do as much damage as the sword itself, it doesnt seem to be a problem.

However, if your looking for an interesting excal build, try using body count + blood rush with a Surging Dash excal.

Btw, surging dash is effected by power strength, so you can build up a huge combo count really quickly

Edited by spacerocks

Actually I think this might work.

It will encourage people to take the risk and get in close range in order to deal more damage without leading to any unnecessary nerfs.

That said, I personally believe Excalibur is very very very very close to the balanced point and any push in either direction may result in drastic imbalance.

So, it is risky but it could work.

In addition, I want to shamelessly promote my idea as well which is related to this issue and perhaps might even pose as a solution.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/609111-de-please-make-good-use-of-the-umbra-concept/?p=6874509

Edited by OoKeNnEtHoO

I think you'd start seeing a lot of Surging Dash builds. And then in the midst of EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE, there'd be a couple 1's. It might be interesting.

Body Count should be inherent to melee, though.

Good point, forgot about that augment.  Do you think it would be a good change?

Edited by PikeOrShield

Solo Body Count won't break him, but will be a very strong option, pretty much a mandatory one. Body Count + Blood Rush will break him, and especially it will break Hysteria.

Could you elaborate a bit more?  From what I understand, EB has a 15% crit chance, so to get that up to at least 100% with Blood Rush, you would need a 3.5 crit multiplier; that's 405 hits.  If it only applied to your actual sword (not the waves) and you had to hit enemies 405 times with your sword to get that bonus only on your sword, do you think that would break him?  I think I might be missing something.

You are totally right about Hysteria, it has a base crit chance of 50% and would take 5 hits to take it over 100%.

Hm, yeah and no. Waves don't give combos, they are indeed affected by combos tho. This shows if you build him around surging dash. Simple builds paired with stealth of some sort result in 150-180k waves...not even close to the radial dps excal is able to dish out but still pretty op pinpoint damage.

I mean hey, i wouldn't deny the use as he has this combo potential in his kit thats bluntly said kinda underperforming imo due to the need for range, efficiency and duration, which is bound to result in worse builds then a EB/RB excal and relys on a constant power consumption but i'd personally seperate the EB waves to an extend that they're actually unaffected by the mods and combos to avoid surging dash abuse..

Edited by (PS4)CoolD2108

Could you elaborate a bit more?  From what I understand, EB has a 15% crit chance, so to get that up to at least 100% with Blood Rush, you would need a 3.5 crit multiplier; that's 405 hits.  If it only applied to your actual sword (not the waves) and you had to hit enemies 405 times with your sword to get that bonus only on your sword, do you think that would break him?  I think I might be missing something.

You are totally right about Hysteria, it has a base crit chance of 50% and would take 5 hits to take it over 100%.

If Body Count + Blood Rush is allowed, there'll be no point in not building for critical hit.
On EBlade Trues Steel + Naramon will give you 31.2% critical chance.
After that you apply Blood Rush, wchi gives you 165% * combo multiplier, so even 5 hits (combo multiplier 1.5) will push you in 100% critical hit zone with a little over 8% chance to red crit.
EBlade Excalibur is best suited for Survivals, so assuming you'll stay there, you'll be able to gradually increase your combo counter to around x4 relatively easily. That would mean you'll be dealing your normal red crit damage on regular hit while having around 37% chance to do a next tier red critical.
So, assuming end-game general purpose build with 155% Power Strength, you'll get 387,5 for EBlade base damage. Assuming you are using Life Strike, after modding it you can get about
387,5[base] * 3,9[Excal's passive + PP + Spoiled + Charge] * 1.9[Elemental] = 2871 damage per hit/wave with 31.2% critical chance and 3.8 critical multiplier
That isn't much, but still more that enough to easily fight against first minutes of any Survival, even T4S.
Getting 1.5 Combo Multiplier will make it into:
4307 damage that always crits for 3.8 multiplier resulting in 16366 damage per hit/wave with an additional chance of 8% to red crit for 28426 damage
Getting x3 multiplier, which is easily achievable and sustainable in any kind of mission will push it to:
8614 damage, with 85% chance to do a red crit for 56852 damage and other hits doing no less than 32733 damage.
x4 multiplier which is sustainable in Survival:
11485 damage, guaranteed hits for 75801 damage and 37% chance for 107959 damage.

This all doesn't take body part modifiers, damage type weaknesses and stelth modifiers into an account. Albeit body part and stealth modifiers won't be applied at full strength, they'll still have a noticeable effect.

You also have to remember, that up-close Excalibur deals two hits per swing.

Given, normal Excalibur can't sustain even 1.5 combo counter, just Body Count alone becomes a huge boost. However, Blood Rush + Body Count will push his damage to absurd heights.

Valkyr would be able to use a slightly different build and achieve over a million damage per hit on her spin attacks.

What if Bullet Jump in Exalted Blade brought back super Jump? 

Off topic ik but OP posted this and as an old idea i thought this up, what if when you bullet jump in EB You go invis for its animation period and where granted more distance? This would allow Super Jump without making it an ability whiich in my opinion Super Jump is a waste of ability but a great concept to implement within EBs arsenal

Carry on :)