Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Slide Nerf - - Thank You!

SoggyCow

I really hate the slide nerf (was it even an official nerf?).  And I'm not just saying that because I play as Rhino. 

1. It reduces player control - this is my biggest complaint.  The new sprint system is unreliable.  Sometimes, sliding again right after an initial slide works exactly as before.  And then sometimes it only moves you 2 feet.  There's no way of predicting which is going to happen, which means that players can't accurately judge jumps or slide attacks.  I've fallen off cliffs and missed attacks dozens of times because of this.  On low levels that's just annoying, but on high levels that's a cheap death. 

2. It makes the game more boring - previously, players which put in more effort (by constantly sliding and rolling) would be more mobile than players who just sprinted.  That is a good thing.  The system rewarded effort.  It also helped alleviate boredom while playing, because players needed to constantly be pressing buttons. 

3. Slow frames can't ever keep up - This doesn't effect me much, because I was already running a maxed Rush mod.  But newer players don't have that option, and not everyone wants to use that particular mod.  It's now become more or less mandatory, especially for slower frames.  Without Rush, Frost and Rhino won't be able to keep up, even if they aren't stopping to loot anything. 

I was against the slide+attack exploit as it was obvious unintentional and silly looking. But with this hotfix where you can't reliably chain combo slide+forward flip anymore and ironically the exploit still exists, I have changed my mind.

Sure, I can still wall jump and pass through the various shortcuts. But the thing is, wall jumps as they are now, are extremely situational and unreliable. The same goes for shortcuts. So if you see a helicoptering Excal during resource farm runs, chances are it will be me. 

Been waiting for this nerf for a very long time. Am already noticing a dramatic improvement in playing quality. Nobody is sliding everywhere instead of running normally, we are all in the same group fightning now. This is wonderful! Personally I think it could use another 0.4 sec nerf but omg this is so much better!

This is Slide-Online no more!

THANK YOU D.E.!!!

logo_square.jpg

Dramatic decrease in playing quality noticed. Everyone is sprinting everywhere instead of sliding normally, the game is less of a race to extraction now because there can only be one winner which is the Loki and Ash with the sprint mod who teleports past everything. This is terrible. Personally I think sprinting could use another nerf but omg this is just hilarious!

This is now Sprint-Online!

THANK YOU D.E.!!!

Asa rhino, i needed the slide to be able to keep up with loki's and banshees. now because of this i will be left far far behind.

Let them run ahead and get incapacitated... It's their fault for leaving the tank behind and running into rooms where they're going to need him.

I have no sympathy for players who run ahead as the vanguard and then whine that they didn't have any support. As a rhino, I almost never sprint, unless I'm trying to wall run; my stamina is for melee.

1.6 sprint speed for everyone. Then suddenly, overjoyed Rhino/Frost players.

I know that the two that just have 0.8 sprint speed at least have much better armor to compensate for their slowness but... still... seems like a pain to play as them when it isn't an endless defense mission.

Yeah, there is no much difference between 10% and 70% damage reduction but rly high difference between 0.8 and 1.2 speed.

WORST thing that DE has done to date.

REMOVE the slide nurf or I am seriously considering leaving the game.

Seems like a small thing, But was VERY usefully when trying to get out of a MOB. Now it is Slide - Stall - DEAD on occasion.

-------- Why hurt players because a few miss use it. -----------

Edited by Night_Watch

Let them run ahead and get incapacitated... It's their fault for leaving the tank behind and running into rooms where they're going to need him.

I have no sympathy for players who run ahead as the vanguard and then whine that they didn't have any support. As a rhino, I almost never sprint, unless I'm trying to wall run; my stamina is for melee.

That would work if this was the case. What actually happens is everyone who isn't the tank rushes through with barely a few scratches while the slow Rhino has his path obstructed by all the enemies that the rushers left behind. They don't get incapacitated. That's more likely to happen to the Rhino. You don't need to have any sympathy for whiny unsupported vanguard players because they don't exist(or perhaps they do, but probably an endangered species). Save your pity for the Rhino who gets abandoned and misses every elevator.

• 2 weeks later...

I actually do not like this nerf even though I do play frames like rhino and frost. I am fine being left behind while the others are free to do whatever they want. I do not want to ruin their playstyle and their preferences just because I need another gun. All those whiners who wanted this, don't you care about how the other side thinks about this change. Of course they could just wall-run to go faster, but from people's attitude, I will probably expect a nerf to that too. We are supposed to be space ninjas not a space turtle as everyone calls it. Honestly, who cares if they run to extraction; they might miss some extra loot and mods along the way. IMO, this change is actually hurting the game more than actually improving it because this is just shoving one single style down everyone's throats. We should choose what we want to do rather than have one group control the entire movement system.

I actually do not like this nerf even though I do play frames like rhino and frost. I am fine being left behind while the others are free to do whatever they want. I do not want to ruin their playstyle and their preferences just because I need another gun. All those whiners who wanted this, don't you care about how the other side thinks about this change. Of course they could just wall-run to go faster, but from people's attitude, I will probably expect a nerf to that too. We are supposed to be space ninjas not a space turtle as everyone calls it. Honestly, who cares if they run to extraction; they might miss some extra loot and mods along the way. IMO, this change is actually hurting the game more than actually improving it because this is just shoving one single style down everyone's throats. We should choose what we want to do rather than have one group control the entire movement system.

Only problem is that DE has stated they don't want people rushing through a mission, killing nothing (unless it's a boss) then leaving, they want people to fight through it as a team.

edit: I agree with the post below me though, they should add incentives to not rush.

Edited by KvotheTheArcane1

DE makes a game which forces players to play missions over and over to obtain rare resources. And when players respond naturally by taking the most optimal course of action (rushing), instead of adding incentives to for playing slower, they put on the brakes, crippling players rather than making the game more interesting.

They can mandate a playstyle with heavy handed tactics if they like, bit they can't make players like it.

Edited by elindred

Use sprint related mods, stop whine.

Rhino and Frost have the slowest base speed, so they benefit the least from Rush, a whopping 11 points when maxed out by the way. Ash or Loki can put a maxed out Rush on and leave everyone else in the dust, especially Loki when using Stretch and Decoy/Switch Teleport.

Weird. People complaining about slow frames being slow. It's not like, uhm, Rhinos got base shields/health better than Loki with maxed Redirection/Vitality and much better damage reduction and they could take off one of those mods to get some sprint speed...