Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Are There Any Players Who Buy Prime Access Every Time?

Inmemoratus

On 2/18/2016 at 3:24 AM, matto said:

I've never bought any prime access so far. Well I was in a break for more than one year, so I missed the Targis armor, probably the only bundle I would buy.

Anyway, I think PA are too expensive for what they are. I can get the items in game, and the exclusives are not as good as I wished they were. Again, nothing had Targis level of awesomeness so far. I was expecting something good with Saryn but it doesn't look so good.

I mean, 45€ for two boosters and a syandana... Come on. I know cosmetics are a good way to make money and that lot of games make even more expensive bundles. But I simply have no interest in those. At least add some plats in the accessories pack and I would consider it.

I'd rather buy some plats when I have a good discount from login reward. 

The ps4 accessories pack has plat.

When i play it's usually with an accessory pack booster active.  I like the affinity boost because it lets me level stuff without having to make special trips for it.  

Slightly over priced, but still reasonable at around 17$/month.  With the rare plat purchase when I get a 50% discount.  Think the trade system is god awful and would rather buy the plat I want to spend than deal with it.  Don't really regret the money spent, but I've found that the packs with armor in it get used and enjoyed a ton more than the ones with capes and melee weapon addons.  Doubt I'll buy another that doesn't offer at least kubrow/catbro armor.

Only one reason I don't buy the access ones.  Rather farm that stuff and have the thrill of completing it that way rather than buying it straight out.

While spending 50 bucks every three months may seem like a large amount, its pretty small as far as entertainment costs go.  If you eat fast food twice a week then you blow twice that.

Wish they'd make a few changes to the prime access system.  To allow more customer choice.  First one would be letting people buy any previous prime accessory pack whenever they want.  Played another game and missed prime edo?  Change your mind and find out that you really did want targis?  No need to wait a year or longer when you're a paying customer.  The vault system is a very poor way to go about it.  VERY poorly thought out and implemented.

Second would be to let people choose the type of booster they want with prime accessory pack.  Affinity and resource drop chance makes far more sense than affinity and credit for players long on cash but short on time.  Let folks choose which fits them. Last one is for the accessory pack to include plat.  Impossible to enjoy the game without a modest plat income.

I usually buy Accessories right off the bat for the cosmetic items (and the plat, although I tend to divvy that up amongst my alliance regulars in the form of a resource booster frenzy or fashionframe stuff that they've been pining over. Or noggles with lewd in-joke messages attached. I don't hold onto it for very long because there isn't really anything I'd need it for.)

Then, if I have enough money towards the end of the actual frame access' "life cycle" on the store... I pick that up too for the plat, get myself something nice out of it like a deluxe skin bundle, then rinse and repeat until -that- plat amount is gone too.

My justification for this is supporting the game's development (ilu DE), bombing the alliance with random 'week-long double resources' events so that everyone can get their fill of plastids and polymer bundles AND treating my friends to some fancy stuff. Everyone wins.

7 hours ago, MumblesMcphatty said:

I do have to wonder how many of you who say yes have things like responsibilities in life? Is it your money you're spending? 

Not being rude - just curious to be honest. $100+ on a shiny reskin and fictional currency every 3 months? The wife would be long gone I tell ya!

While I don't personally buy every prime access  I have a counter question. It is not meant to be offensive despite the wording.

Just how cheap are people with their hobbies?

140$ every 3 months for some people to play 10-40 hours a week (if this is their main game).

I know once a month I take my girlfriend and daughter to the movies and it usually sets me back ~50-60 bucks for 2 hours of entertainment.  So every 3 months I'm spending 150 bucks for 6 hours of entertainment and some cheap movie theater popcorn and candy. 

Back when I was in my early 20's ten years ago and all single, I know I spent ~100$ a week on "nightlife" type stuff (Drinks, cover costs, etc) 

I guess I want to know is in what world is spending ~11.50$ a week for a hobby expensive?  Especially if it is one of your main hobbies.  

TL:DR Free to play models have completely spoiled gamers, they have made gaming literally one of the cheapest hobbies out there and people somehow still complain about it.  *Not you, just gamers in general tend to complain quite a bit for an entertainment medium that provides continuous updates*

Edited by Liberty83

On PS4 it doesn't seem worth it. $60 for a cape and stickie. I already have 1000 plat I made 2 months ago off Tigris sales just sitting there bc there's nothing worth buying really. I don't need boosters bc you lvl up quick already. I usually buy the Renown Packs though to support them. If I could just get the accessories without extra stuff for like $20 I'd do that. If I was on PC though like I used to be Id definitely buy some steam workshop stuff to support DE and home builders.

I play other games though too, so WF isn't a sole focus. I have Destiny, Fallout, Farcry, Tales, Smite, plus Doom and The Division coming up spreading out my time.

I fell in love with WF almost immediately, and bought Ember prime access 1st tier which I later upgraded to 2nd then 3rd tier, when i could afford them. since then, i have bought Rhino, Trinity and Volt, each one up to 2nd tier.

<3 warframe and will continue to support whenever i can.

3 hours ago, Liberty83 said:

While I don't personally buy every prime access  I have a counter question. It is not meant to be offensive despite the wording.

Just how cheap are people with their hobbies?

140$ every 3 months for some people to play 10-40 hours a week (if this is their main game).

I know once a month I take my girlfriend and daughter to the movies and it usually sets me back ~50-60 bucks for 2 hours of entertainment.  So every 3 months I'm spending 150 bucks for 6 hours of entertainment and some cheap movie theater popcorn and candy. 

Back when I was in my early 20's ten years ago and all single, I know I spent ~100$ a week on "nightlife" type stuff (Drinks, cover costs, etc) 

I guess I want to know is in what world is spending ~11.50$ a week for a hobby expensive?  Especially if it is one of your main hobbies.  

TL:DR Free to play models have completely spoiled gamers, they have made gaming literally one of the cheapest hobbies out there and people somehow still complain about it.  *Not you, just gamers in general tend to complain quite a bit for an entertainment medium that provides continuous updates*

er... recently went out for a movie and food (above fast food quality) with my wife and mother in law.. and it cost me 25.28$. I live in a 3rd world country and 149$ is a little more than what i earn for 5 days of work... i'm not on minimum (above average I would say) either so... just to put some perspective out there.

Edited by _Rue_

I left WarFrame around September of last year, I just downloaded my save from the cloud and bought the trinity prime pack before it left. I plan on starting to buy all the prime packs(the second tier one with the frame and weapons for PS4) starting with saryn as it is a great value for what you get. The Plat alone is worth buying the package as it has more plat then the 99.99 package plus you are getting a Prime warframe and two prime weapons instead of two random rare mods. I can spend the plat on trades for other prime parts and mods or buy stuff off the market. All I have to do is start setting aside 20 dollars from every check and I'll have enough before it leaves.

Bought Trin and Saryn. No regrets buying either. I love my two PA obtained frames dearly.

Expensive is subjective. I would say it is expensive insofar as the third tier being almost extortionate, but then again, triple A games have released for £60~ and only given me half the playtime and twice the bugs.

9 hours ago, _Rue_ said:

er... recently went out for a movie and food (above fast food quality) with my wife and mother in law.. and it cost me 25.28$. I live in a 3rd world country and 149$ is a little more than what i earn for 5 days of work... i'm not on minimum (above average I would say) either so... just to put some perspective out there.

Here is the thing, while I don't know exactly how video games set their prices I would guess they use a variety of metrics ranging from simple "competition prices" to the average income per capita/household of their user bases.  Given that they can track IP's it is probably someone's job in marketing to run the numbers to see what their average player can afford.  People will fall above and below that level, but the meaty average of the bell curve of consumers will fall into that range.

You happen to fall below that range, but you have a gaming PC that can run warframe.  You have the free time to engage on the forums and play the game.  You still have the change to enjoy your hobby, just not to 100% of the potential.  

By extension, my best friend and I growing up loved to go fishing.  He grew up to become a tech consultant and make piles of money where I slogged my way through the restaurant industry until I started up my own business.  He now has a boat and that he will take out to go sports fishing on the open water where as I still occasionally hit up a few streams / rivers with some pretty basic gear.  Objectively, we can both still take part and enjoy our hobby but he has the "prime package" version of it.  That is just the way many hobbies work, not everyone will be able to enjoy the top tier of the hobby but whether you are at the basic level or a more cost prohibitive one, you can still enjoy it and take part in it.  Warframe mirrors this notion quite well.  

I have bought the three last accessories packs and the and the ps4 renown pack, and will probably continue to do so as long as I enjoy the game. I don't get the prime access as I enjoy farming for the new stuff, but I could easily see myself getting those as well if I get less time to play.

Seeing what friends and acquaintances use on their hobbies (I'm 40, so stuff like cars/motorcycles, traveling the world, 1000s of dollars worth of hunting/fishing equipment aso) my hobbies like Warframe and collecting vinyl becomes a drop in the ocean.  Even if you bought both packs every three months this would be quite reasonable for a hobby when compared to what other folks spend.

Oh, and my mom made a lot less money than me, and passed away a few years ago, so using her creditcard is out of the question.

On 2/18/2016 at 7:50 AM, KIREEKPSO said:

Yes, ppl like that do exist, you can sometimes tell by the cosmetics they use, they use different combinations of prime armor, prime syandana and possibly a prime sigil, everything on a excalibur prime, so yes, they do exist.

I don't mind really, plat needs to be introduced ingame so i can gather it, if i don't get plat, someone can get it for me.

Just wanted to say I love your answer........If i don't get plat, someone can get it for me.  I bought Nova prime and booster packs and that is all the money i have spent on it so far.  I have everything in the game minus a couple weapons i can't get and mr21.  Even noggles, lisets, ships etc. i have it all.  and i still have like 10K plat. So if you play a lot you can easily make tons of plat off those people who do buy it.

Edited by (XB1)GHOST AG3NT SLM