Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Massive framerate tanking in a certain void corridor

Gabbynaru

So... I don't exactly have the horsepower to record a video and not have my framerate sink into the abyss, but, regardless, I took a couple of screenshots. There's this one area in the void, a really small, short corridor that tanks the framerate really hard for no reason whatsoever. You know what's stranger? This corridor is, according to the map, part of the room I'm in, and that room has two corridors, and the one at the other end has absolutely no problem, even though it looks exactly the same.

Regardless, screenshot time. The room (watch the framerate in the bottom left)

Spoiler

ByMaORu.jpg

The problem corridor is right behind me (once again, framerate in the lower left)

Spoiler

DpWJlhJ.jpg

59 minutes ago, Blaze_Paladin said:

Maybe because of the reflections? Idk its fine for me all maxed

Hide contents

PFvMEMw.jpg

That's not the same corridor. The problem is a very specific corridor (the corridor isn't a tile, but part of a bigger tile). I made a topic about this before too (last week or something). The room has 2 identical corridors on opposite ends, and while in one of the corridors nothing special happens, the other one completely murders your FPS for no apparent reason, and that happens even if the corridor is on your back (not in visual range) while you are in a different tile already until you get to a certain distance.

Edited by God_is_a_Cat_Girl

13 hours ago, God_is_a_Cat_Girl said:

That's not the same corridor. The problem is a very specific corridor (the corridor isn't a tile, but part of a bigger tile). I made a topic about this before too (last week or something). The room has 2 identical corridors on opposite ends, and while in one of the corridors nothing special happens, the other one completely murders your FPS for no apparent reason, and that happens even if the corridor is on your back (not in visual range) while you are in a different tile already until you get to a certain distance.

Yeah, I sometimes suffered the effects of that corridor from two rooms away, two big rooms at that. It's really annoying.

On 3/1/2016 at 1:57 AM, MillbrookWest said:

I think this is the section people have been posting about. 

Thanks for uploading. This specific corridor should run much smoother after 18.5. 
-- also, on an unrelated note, 18.5 will introduce some improvements to the large Atrium room that appears at the end of this video. 

If anyone still notices poor performance in the Void corridor after 18.5 then please let us know.
Thanks!