Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Synoid Simulor is tearing this game apart.

Inmemoratus

So found it interesting. All this talk about autoheadshot happening I finally formad a Tonkor(It never appealed to me) This thing headshots as infrequently as S Simulor. I use Argon Scope so I 100% know when Im headshotting. Head shots happen every other or every every other shot on an enemy. So it is not a guaranteed headshot like you've been saying.

On 2/23/2016 at 1:01 AM, Inmemoratus said:

Everyone in sorties uses it. Everyone. DE, do you understand the gravity of this situation?

edit: Please note I never said it should be nerfed.

why are you helping DE to ruin the fun ?

On 2/24/2016 at 5:07 AM, lashakanisgod said:

nerf, nerf, nerf..... m8, why cry nerf when all it does is make A PVE game easier for everyone in a squad, its not broken by any means and you wanna go and nerf it....... 

Hide contents

GOOD JOB BRO/SIS

totally agree with u

No weapons should be nerfed ever,weapons become powerful due to time,effort and forma as well as good mods,anyone can make a powerful weapon given time so people should stop asking for nerfs especially recently new players and build a solid weapon themselves,enemies should always be boosted weapons should never be nerfed 

14 hours ago, rawr1254 said:

So found it interesting. All this talk about autoheadshot happening I finally formad a Tonkor(It never appealed to me) This thing headshots as infrequently as S Simulor. I use Argon Scope so I 100% know when Im headshotting. Head shots happen every other or every every other shot on an enemy. So it is not a guaranteed headshot like you've been saying.

vo6irp.jpg

2vuac8h.jpg

These are unmodded weapons. Note the 650-3250 Tonkor damage (2*325 noncrit, 2*325*(2.5*2) crit). Same for the S.Penta, doing 750 (2*375) normal and 3000 (2*375*(2*2)) crit.

I sure as hell didn't aim perfectly for all those to be headshots. You can see my Penta aimed at the floor to manually detonate between the mobs.

Those 75s and the 150 are from direct projectile impacts, of course.

Whether or not it triggers Argon Scope (remember that DE also prevented these autoheadshots from counting for the 10 headshot mission challenge), the proof is in the numbers.

Edited by EDYinnit

1 hour ago, EDYinnit said:

You tested it in a crowd of enemies. Of course youd get at least one head shot. If you attack one enemy at a time the headshots are A LOT less frequent and more noticable. Most of the time I wouldnt even get a crit one enemy at a time. And sadly I didnt test in simulacrum I tested real-time in a survival ~,~

ANd Id also like to add this in. After using the Tonkor for a bit just to see what all the nerf hype was about. The weapon is boring. Not that its usually guaranteed to kill and has a lot of crits but its pretty much a bow. I have almost no control over where Im shooting unless I use a Zephyr for the Projectile Speed. So Imo do not nerf ANYTHING dmg-wise on it. Bump up the MR requirement. This'll let everyone but happy and have them play the game more if they want the weapon they like.

Edited by rawr1254

15 minutes ago, rawr1254 said:

You tested it in a crowd of enemies. Of course youd get at least one head shot. If you attack one enemy at a time the headshots are A LOT less frequent and more noticable. Most of the time I wouldnt even get a crit one enemy at a time. And sadly I didnt test in simulacrum I tested real-time in a survival ~,~

At least one?

They're all headshots. Look at the numbers. Other than the 'projectile impact' 75s (and the totally lucky 150 direct impact crit in the Penta shot), everything is 2*base damage on non crit, and the crit hits are 2*base damage*(2*crit multiplier).

It does depend on the enemy in question - humanoid enemies are auto-headshot, whereas Chargers and Moas etc. are more hit and miss.

1 hour ago, rawr1254 said:

ANd Id also like to add this in. After using the Tonkor for a bit just to see what all the nerf hype was about. The weapon is boring. Not that its usually guaranteed to kill and has a lot of crits but its pretty much a bow. I have almost no control over where Im shooting unless I use a Zephyr for the Projectile Speed. So Imo do not nerf ANYTHING dmg-wise on it. Bump up the MR requirement. This'll let everyone but happy and have them play the game more if they want the weapon they like.

You're wrong, plain and simple. Explosives always cause headshots against humanoid enemies. See here:

If you don't believe it, equip Argon Scope, or the secondary weapon counterpart Hydraulic Crosshairs and go ham on some Grineer in the Simulacrum. The mods always trigger, even if their foot is barely caught in the explosion.

23 hours ago, IceColdHawk said:

There is no reason for explosives to not deal headshot damage. In fact, it's still illogical. It should deal multiple damage numbers since it is hitting every part of your body but since this is warframe we talk about, it doesn't matter. Explosives are meant to deal huge amounts of damage.

It's not about logic, it's about balancing.  More or less the very reason many of these AoE style weapons are so rife with imbalance is because they indiscriminately and automatically land headshots upon foes.  This in turn ramps up their damage in a way which can only be described as silly, especially in the case of something like the Tonkor since it's a crit-based weapon or the Simulor since it has solid range and effectively limitless ammo.

If these various explosives and AoE weapons stopped landing free & easy headshots they'd be in a much, much better spot in relation to their various peers.  Which would be good for everything overall.  Due to what may as well be a bug, these weapons just get free and flat damage multipliers which are effectively undeserved.  Headshots in a game are a marksman bonus granted to players who land headshots.  Aimless weaponry being handed free bonus damage is illogical.

Edited by Bobtm