Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Return Volt To His Former Glory (Petition Needed, Sign Your In Game Name After Thoughts!)

Solaurus

Suggested viable changes:

Shock:

-at least double the damage.

-each ability rank causes 'chain lightning' toward an additional enemy. 

=or=

-at least triple the damage to single target only.

Speed:

-little to no change needed.

-possible additional effect of damage to nearest enemy similar to a Tesla self-buff with ~1 yard range.

Electric Shield:

-fix possible bugs with weapons not firing through properly.

-increase barrier size and duration by ~30%.

-possible 'radius barrier' similar to Frost's Snow Globe.

Overload:

-no change desired.

Other changes and balance thoughts:

-Volt could have reduced health (consider 75hp base) to compensate for increased ability damage and more in line with Volt 'offensive warframe' description.

Edited by Rathnaga

Honestly the only thing weak on volt is shock.

If you don't know his electric shield does not lower damage it just shows up off center ( way off center) and makes your damage bypass all damage reduction. The only problem is it has issuse if you're not the host of the game.

Overload hits like a truck I can carry kiste groups with overload alone w/o the lights you just have to mod it right.

Speed is lol fun.

Not sure why people think volt sucks.

there are very detailed descriptions in thsi thread, about what is bad at the moment about volt and what needs to be changed dude.

he doesnßt "suck" at all, he just is very weak compared to other frames!

Edited by r0ckwolf

Yeh. Shock is bad. The rest are fine, really. Shield's issues off-host are obviously not fine, but will  probably get fixed.

I dunno what to do to make shock better than tesla without creeping the power. Maybe that's a moot point now, don't care to think too much about it considering there are @(*()$ rocket launchers blowing S#&$ up at this point (WTF!). Make it a ranged slash dash kind of thing? Shoots straight through a line of enemies, maybe a very slight cone. Plenty of ideas here already.

volt was my first warframe... and he is level 30 with a reactor... i then got a frost and after that trinity. and volt is the one i use the least, because for a "high damage warframe" he does not seem to do much damage. my frosts ice wave does more damage then volts overload. so please, at least tweak volt a little?

my proposed Volt changes

stats the same, they're fine

Chain Lightning, costs 25 energy

Chain Lightning deals damage to a single target, however the lightning leaps from one target to another (to make it at least comparable to Ash's Shuriken or Excals Slash Dash)

Energize, costs 25 energy or less (as much as Speed costs)

Volt Energizes his body, making him twice as fast, executing parkour skills faster and melee striking twice as fast and stunning all enemies that attempt to melee him

Electric Barrier, costs 50 energy

Volt creates and electrical barrier, blocking all incoming enemy shots however it allows Tenno to fire from the inside with an x% electrical buff (and the shield is much larger than the current barrier)

Overload, costs 100 energy

same as our current Overload, maybe make Volt also shock targets with much more damage than Chain Lightning and still has the chain effect as well as our AoE

Give it a chain lightning effect instead of a constant beam of electricity (at least something to replace that stupid, borderline useless first power). The more upgraded it is, the more targets it can hit. That'd make it worthwhile, oh, and make it so that other players can take advantage of the deployable shield. Those are my two gripes with him. Outside of that, his powers are fine.

Edited by Vaskadar

I used to play Volt back when i started in Jan as starter frame. He is fine but really not live up to his description 'alternative to gunplay'. However, i approach how to make him more useful in term of utility more than damage. Why? in the end, your powers can not out damage a gun fitted with serration, armor piercing, elemental damage, etc with just focus mod. Utility power trumps damage in endgame. 

1. Shock. Work as a chain lightning and deal normal damage to Grineer and lesser Infest but twice damage to Corpus. Stunning the targets caught in it's path. Upgrade increases maximum number of targets and duration.

2. Speed. Increase melee attack speed and charge attack speed. Reduce damage taken during the duration. Volt moves so fast that the Grineer can't get a good shot at him.

3. Electric shield. Frankly this one is tricky to rework since the current stationary shield has its own merit but totally outclassed by Snowglobe. There are two choices imo. Either make it a personal shield or make it a team shield.

-  Personal shield: Refills Volt's shield and reinforces shield with armor property (reduce damage taken by percentage) and add electricity to melee damage. The effect dissipates if you run out of shield. This one will make him a shield tank similar to Ember.

-  Team shield: Creates a mobile shield which absorbs all incoming damage for set duration for all team members. The shield will revolve around the frame and block the angle with highest incoming damage. Dissipates once out of duration. Upgrade increase the size and the duration.

4. Overload. This power is hard to rework as well. It is intended to be an 'environmental' power. Work best with electrical appliances and deal hefty damage. I will leave it as it is at the moment but shorten the animation would be nice.  

Indeed Volt's first abilty isn't interesting. they could change the  abilty of chock (and not increase the damage of this ability because i think volt's ulti is enough) like a stun abilty (that stun all  the ennemies - ancient too!) that stun ennemies in a range of 5-6-7-8 m  

It seems everyone agrees that volt's SHOCK needs a buff. Other than that, IMO, Volt is fine.

However, his description needs to be changed. He is everything but a high damage warframe.

If anyone, Ember is a high damage warframe.