Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Grinlok

Gahrzerkire

That band aid mod you released, the +200% crit chance one? Yeah no. That essentially ruins this guns chances of being end game viable. Its lame. Please remove the mod, double the base crit chance, and the grinlok will be perfect, and finally equal and a proper side-grade to the sybaris.

28 minutes ago, Kontrollo said:

The Grinlok is in a bit of a weird spot, but I don't think it needs to have crit. stats comparable to the Sybaris. It'd be more interesting if they amped the status aspects of this gun.

Dude the status doesnt need amping at all, with two mods it gets to like 80% status or around there. It does not need a status buff, what makes it weak is its lack of crit. It has amazing status. I have been working on builds all morning for this thing, and what makes it powerful is its slash proc on crit, HOWEVER, you cannot slot in mods to boost said aspect of the weapon because you need that +200% crit chance bandaid syndicate mod.

12 minutes ago, Olivionic_Gearhart said:

Dude the status doesnt need amping at all, with two mods it gets to like 80% status or around there. It does not need a status buff, what makes it weak is its lack of crit. It has amazing status. I have been working on builds all morning for this thing, and what makes it powerful is its slash proc on crit, HOWEVER, you cannot slot in mods to boost said aspect of the weapon because you need that +200% crit chance bandaid syndicate mod.

So you're saying it should just be like Sybaris or the Latrons?

It would be more interesting if it was geared even more towards status. The reason I'm bringing the status up is because there was a topic about this recently. I posted in that thread here and - after reading the whole thread - found out I wasn't the first one who had the same idea. Try one of those builds, they're interesting.

If the weapon were geared even more towards that, it would give us an alternative playstyle instead of a cheap Sybaris/Latron copy with a Grineer model.

Edited by Kontrollo

5 minutes ago, Kontrollo said:

So you're saying it should just be like Sybaris or the Latrons?

It would be more interesting if it was geared even more towards status. The reason I'm bringing the status up is because there was a topic about this recently. I posted in that thread here and - after reading the whole thread - found out I wasn't the first one who had the same idea. Try one of those builds, they're interesting.

If the weapon were geared even more towards that, it would give us an alternative playstyle instead of a cheap Sybaris/Latron copy with a Grineer model.

*face palm* BUT IT DOESNT NEED IT! It has no need to be geared toward status, it already has more then enough, what it lacks at the moment is damage, and build variety, becuase you are required to slot in that stupid crit mod. Whether you like it or not the grinlok doesnt have the raw damage for pure status, nor the firerate. 

LOVE status weapons dude! I basically only use status weapons, if it doesnt have status, i dont use it. Thats why my most used weapons are the braton prime and the Prisma grakata. Because i believe in status more then crit, but sometimes, what you NEED isnt another Corrosive proc its simply more damage. I wrote a ruddy program that could calculate the number shots required to lower a level 100 gunners armor or bombards to 0. I know what i am talking about when i say the Grinlok only suffers from a lack of damage.

NUMBERS  - Grinlok - 35% status. That is more status chance then every sniper in the game, and 98% of primary weapons if not all weapons excluding the tysis.

WITH JUST SPLIT the grinlok has roughly a 60% chance to proc, with two mods event mods it is 76% on BOTH bullets, which totals to roughly 80-90% status chance.

The grinlok suffers from a lack of damage, and that is because of that bloody bandaid mod that should be built into the base stats.

You know, I can perfectly read what you write without all the fancy colours. In fact, it's easier without.

And no need to facepalm either. I think you're having trouble understanding what I'm saying, so let me clarify:

I don't think this weapon needs to have its crit. chance increased to replace that Syndicate mod; it would only make it more similar to what we already have. So while I agree it could use a bit of love, that love should be geared towards the strengths it already has. It could use even more status chance and a damage distribution more tilted towards Slash, because let's face it: 35% looks great on paper, but this is a slow-firing weapon with 1 slot taken up by a Syndicate mod. (If it wasn't clear either: I don't really want to get rid of that mod, AoE Radiation synergises very well with bleeds or other DoTs.)

Now honest question: Have you actually tried one of those two builds in the Simulacrum? Neither of them are about Corrosive procs.

you know someone is super serious when they use colored text in addition to ALL CAPS. Also if the mod ruins its chances of being end game viable and removing that mod fixes it, why not not use the mod? :/

Edited by Rawbeard
typo

2 minutes ago, Renocraft said:

Kontrollo... the grinlok can get over 100% status....why would you need to buff it more...over 100% is useless.

Who said I want to build it for over 100% status chance? Ok then, let me just copy the stuff from the other thread because going over there seems to be too much to ask.

Here's the Slash/Viral build I'm talking about on Warframe Builder.

And here's a demonstration of said build against a level 100 Corrupted Heavy Gunner:

Link here, if it doesn't show for you automatically.

14 minutes ago, Kontrollo said:

Who said I want to build it for over 100% status chance? Ok then, let me just copy the stuff from the other thread because going over there seems to be too much to ask.

Here's the Slash/Viral build I'm talking about on Warframe Builder.

And here's a demonstration of said build against a level 100 Corrupted Heavy Gunner:

Link here, if it doesn't show for you automatically.

I like this. Will mess around with it.

Also, don't forget that Deadly Sequence gives you sequence, which is a free burst of radiation damage. 

EDIT: Tried out a corrosive/slash build, and 6 shots would do take a lvl 95 heavy gunner to half health. The slash procs would then finish the remaining half health. A sequence proc at this point is just icing on the cake.

Edited by Cypress85

6 minutes ago, Renocraft said:

so let me get this straight....you want to buff its status... but you dont want 100% status? what is the point of that?

Wow. Really? Come on.

I want to get close to 100%, of course, but not more than 100%. It's not that hard to understand, is it? Have a look at the build, I'm using Hammer Shot here to get to 91% chance/bullet. With more status I could replace that with a Vital Sense for example.

Edit:

"Also, don't forget that Deadly Sequence gives you sequence, which is a free burst of radiation damage."

Yeah, it's actually really nice. That way they're distracted while bleeding to death.

Edited by Kontrollo

12 minutes ago, Renocraft said:

so let me get this straight....you want to buff its status... but you dont want 100% status? what is the point of that?

So you need fewer Dual-stat mods to get that garunteed proc. This freeing up room for more pure dmg mods, or w/e else u'd want. A good comparison being the Boar Prime that benefits IMMENSLEY from 100% status but you need all 4 dual-status mods and its a huge handicap to dmg. So it would be a buff, tho not immense dmg wise. All Kontrollo is saying weve got enough crit-based bolt action rifles, the Grinlok should get to do its own thing. Id be fine with that, tho admittedly the small magazine, medium reload, and slow base fire-rate make proc-stacking somewhat ineffective so idk that on its own thatd bring it to the level of other primaries.

5 minutes ago, Renocraft said:

you had to use two full clips while sitting in one spot. good luck doing that with 50 lvl 100's all around you.

Yes, because CC and defensive abilities aren't a thing in this game. And watch it again, I used 10 shots on that gal, one magazine is probably enough for a Grineer heavy. It even comes with a nice AoE radiation proc itself. It's almost like a free Oberon slam dunk whenever that bar fills up, which by the way, is often in Sorties.

Edit:  KvnMcK gets it, thank you.

Edited by Kontrollo

17 minutes ago, Kontrollo said:

What's that supposed to mean? I'm killing a level 100 Corrupted Heavy Gunner in that video. They have more HP than the normal Grineer heavies.

yes, one, and i imagine your TTK was something around... oh 13 seconds? i could one shot it with the rubico, or better yet, melt its face with the prisma grakata, rip it a new one with the soma prime, blow it up with the tonkor, drill to the wall with the boltor, slice it to ribbons with my braton prime, curb stomp it with my sobek, or three shot it with my drakgoon. All in under 6 seconds.

So yes, you may want to praise that status build, but i am sorry nothing will compare to damage. End of story. You can use status all you want, but if you dont have the damage to back it raw EHP will trump you. EVERY TIME.

What it needs is a build where crit and status work together in harmony. Particularly one that takes advantage of its lovely slash value. 

I love breaking this to you, but the grinlok is in need of a buff, and the fact that you are fighting an extra mod slot is ridiculous. Are you that agaisnt getting the crit chance buffed? you would really get mad being able to slot hammer shot, AND vital sense? or be able to slot Fanged Fullisade instead of the syndicate mod but still have the status chance?

Edited by Olivionic_Gearhart

1 minute ago, Olivionic_Gearhart said:

yes, one, and i imagine your TTK was something around... oh 30 seconds?

Gfycat doesn't allow more than 15s, try again. Now do the same with your Sybaris and tell me how much time that takes.

Gonna reply to the rest of your post once you cool down.

17 minutes ago, Cypress85 said:

I like this. Will mess around with it.

Also, don't forget that Deadly Sequence gives you sequence, which is a free burst of radiation damage. 

EDIT: Tried out a corrosive/slash build, and 6 shots would do take a lvl 95 heavy gunner to half health. The slash procs would then finish the remaining half health. A sequence proc at this point is just icing on the cake.

Okay lets see you do that again, spawn in 3 heavy gunners, 2 curropted bombards, 6 butchers, 2 healers, 2 nullifiers, and then see how you do. Afterall that bombard was shredding your iron skin. like it was paper. So.... yes, your damage is way tooo low.

7 minutes ago, Kontrollo said:
8 minutes ago, Kontrollo said:

Gfycat doesn't allow more than 15s, try again. Now do the same with your Sybaris and tell me how much time that takes.

lol dude. so lets see instead of 4 times as long to kill, it takes twice as long... need i mention again... your iron skin was gone by the time you killed that thing. GONE.

As it stands... The Grinlok is completely trumped by the Vaykor Marelok and even it's pistol counterpart the regular Marelok.

I do think that the Grinlok could use a slight buff in base damage, but the Marelok is supposed to be more powerful... I don't quite understand why a pistol would be stronger than a rifle, but you got me...

I've always loved the Grinlok, but until it becomes more on-par with a rifle like the Sybaris or even the Tiberon, I don't think I'll use it. (But if a Wraith or Prisma version comes around... oh mama.)

You bet your sweet bum I'll be there. :D

Edited by AEP8FlyBoy

3 minutes ago, Olivionic_Gearhart said:

lol dude. so lets see instead of 4 times as long to kill, it takes twice as long... need i mention again... your iron skin was gone by the time you killed that thing. GONE.

How about you create a video with the Sybaris' performance? You know, just for comparison.

7 minutes ago, Kontrollo said:
8 minutes ago, Kontrollo said: