The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I want to give some free plat to one of my friends,have a few questions

TN2023

Question

first of all,i would like to purchase the 370 plat pack on my own account and give it to him with trade,is there a way to instantly gift or i just have to trade it with him?

2nd of all,is there a problem with trading that much plat?will i get a ban or anything?

13 answers to this question

I don't know how your friend wants to use the plats, but you can always gift him something (like color palettes or other cosmetics) from the market and then give him the rest of the plats if you're worried about giving him that much plat and afraid of being banned. 

12 minutes ago, TN2023 said:

first of all,i would like to purchase the 370 plat pack on my own account and give it to him with trade,is there a way to instantly gift or i just have to trade it with him?

2nd of all,is there a problem with trading that much plat?will i get a ban or anything?

Worm Holed from General Discussion to Players helping Players sector.

No Moderator can give away platinum. This is a right of DE's employees only (and is only technically possible for them), and happens only for public events like devstreams, special events or refund from the Support in rare cases where something went wrong with the account operations.

370platinum is not "a lot" of platinum. Don't worry. I didn't heard of a limit as of now.

You can't offer directly platinum bought from warframe.com (requires trading), but maybe it's possible to offer Steam Packs (which includes some platinums) via the Steam system of gifts.

The plat trading as gift is no problem unless it's a load of plats for Ammo Drum i.e. 

Also, as an advice, if anything goes wrong (not saying that it will) with your payment method... you'll get banned and your friend will also get banned... but this ofc goes for everyone trading with or for plat so, it's nothing extra.

Have Fun!

2 minutes ago, Yaer said:

No Moderator can give away platinum. This is a right of DE's employees only, and happens only for public events like devstreams, special events or refund from the Support in rare cases where something went wrong with the account operations.

370platinum is not "a lot" of platinum. Don't worry.

You can't offer directly platinum bought from warframe.com (requires trading), but maybe it's possible to offer Steam Packs (which includes some platinums).

I think he meant mods (cards :P) not ComMods. 

i am buying plat for my friend's birthday,through steam,since if i use his account on my steam account the ban happens;i want to give him the 370p through trade,now my question is,if i just give him 370 for a crap mod,will i get banned or not,and @Dextral,no I'm not using a fake account or anything its my day 55     reward (75% discount) so I'm gonna use it to buy my friend's birthday gift 

3 hours ago, Yaer said:

No Moderator can give away platinum. This is a right of DE's employees only (and is only technically possible for them), and happens only for public events like devstreams, special events or refund from the Support in rare cases where something went wrong with the account operations.

370platinum is not "a lot" of platinum. Don't worry. I didn't heard of a limit as of now.

You can't offer directly platinum bought from warframe.com (requires trading), but maybe it's possible to offer Steam Packs (which includes some platinums) via the Steam system of gifts.

not gonna buy steam packs,just warframe.com plats,and i was wondering if ill get a ban if i trade 370p for like "nothing",an omega isotope or a crap mod,does       anyone track this sort of stuff or its ok?

there are no flagging with trading unless someone 'flags' you or you try and trade massive amounts repeatably. BUT you do need credits to receive plat, that is the only bar you have to hurdle. (500 credits per platinum)

Edited by OvAeons

19 minutes ago, TN2023 said:

not gonna buy steam packs,just warframe.com plats,and i was wondering if ill get a ban if i trade 370p for like "nothing",an omega isotope or a crap mod,does       anyone track this sort of stuff or its ok?

It is allowed to your kin, Tenno. Nothing to worry about.

The Lotus will not send Executors after you for that.

5 hours ago, Yaer said:

It is allowed to your kin, Tenno. Nothing to worry about.

The Lotus will not send Executors after you for that.

Thanks,Operative

Your help will not be forgotten,just as many times as we have saved you and your co-workers ;)