The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Imperator Vandal Receiver does it exist?

Dextral

Question

12 answers to this question

Scores have nothing to do with what you get. The problem lies within the % chance for you to actually get the Imperator Vandal receiver, which is at 2% for the receiver, 11% for both Barrel and BP, and 75% Fusion cores. Weighted RNG is working against you here, nothing much you can do other than running the mission.... a lot. 

7 minutes ago, Neah said:

Scores have nothing to do with what you get. The problem lies within the % chance for you to actually get the Imperator Vandal receiver, which is at 2% for the receiver, 11% for both Barrel and BP, and 75% Fusion cores. Weighted RNG is working against you here, nothing much you can do other than running the mission.... a lot. 

You sound like you know your stuff. Do you happen to know where the velocutis receiver drops. I've checked the wiki and run the exterm countless times and i've found a old post on reddit (4 months old) saying that it isn't even in the exterm loot pool, only on the mobile defence on earth and mars. do you know anything about that?

1 minute ago, Dextral said:

You sound like you know your stuff. Do you happen to know where the velocutis receiver drops. I've checked the wiki and run the exterm countless times and i've found a old post on reddit (4 months old) saying that it isn't even in the exterm loot pool, only on the mobile defence on earth and mars. do you know anything about that?

I'm not quite sure about that, I've farmed mine waaaaay back when it was released, so my memory is a bit fuzzy. The best you can do is to take a look around the wiki comments section, most people would post their findings there (other than reading the main article). The Archwing 'expansion' update did break quite a few reward pools, not sure if that is fixed, since DE tends to forget stuff here and there.

I just got one last night.  In my personal experience I was running with some clanmates and we were methodically destroying 16 out of 16 nodes on the fomorian reactor.  We would reliably receive an imperator vandal Receiver and occasional barrel. We even scored 4.2 million once.

We ran like this over 80 times and did not get a single receiver.

My squad disbanded because they got tired.

I continued with pick up groups.

The first pickup group destroyed 16/16.  No drop.

The second group was just myself and a random person.  We destroyed 8/16, scored 900,000+ and I got the receiver.

You can say it's random, but it seems like more than a coincidence.

I'll test it later tonight when my clan tries to get the receivers for themselves.