Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Heavy Crowd Control Nyx Prime

xXMystic_MindfoxXx

Question

11 answers to this question

This build won't really work for her 3rd ability (chaos) that you wish to focus on, because it lacks range,duration and energy efficiency.
You won't really get hit if you time it properly so you won't benefit from Rage, Steel Fiber is also pretty useless on her,  because her base armor is very low.
Here's an example build :
- Vitality (max)
- Overextended (max)
- Stretch (max)
- Narrow Minded (R7+)
- Fleeting Expertise (max)
- Continuity (or it's primed version if you have it) (max)
- Constitution (max)
- Quick thinking (if you go solo) / Mind freak ( inceases the damage of the mind controlled unit by 500%) / Flow

Edited by Grobbus

Just ignore the power strength mods, it's not worth investing in that side. And Steel Fiber is almost completely useless on Nyx. Useful defensive mods are: Redirection, Quick Thinking, a 4/10 Reflex Guard. (Vitality in a combo with Rage, Flow and Quick Thinking, I guess.)

Basically, go for 75% efficiency (4/5 Fleeting Expertise, 4/5 Streamline) with as much range as you can get. If you go for a duration that's around or a bit below 100%, you'll do fine. Rage isn't really necessary, but I guess it's nice in combination with Flow and Quick Thinking. Fill the rest of your slots to your tastes, personally I'm partial to the Pacifying Bolts augment.

Alternatively, a build centered around Chaos Sphere is viable, now that Chaos is recastable. However, you'll have to put as much duration into it as possible, otherwise the Sphere will decrease faster than the enemies can approach. It's interesting, but you won't be able to build it with as much efficiency as the basic build mentioned above.

58 minutes ago, jopos15 said:

i would change rush to armored agility with power drift

(thanks trolls i am just trying to help so voting my answer down is real sad)

i don't know how vote u down..
but im sure they don't mean it a personnel . they just didn't agree with you math.. 
dont get it the wrong way :D

All these builds are good but there's one mod you can add for quality of life: Natural Talent. Chaos animation is a little long, if you're ambushed suddenly by Bombards, Natural Talent will save you. 

Aura Slot: Energy Siphon or Corrosive Projection.

P. Continuity, P. Flow, Overextended, Stretch, Redirection, Streamline, Fleeting Expertise 4/5, Natural Talent, Exilus Slot: whatever you feel like(enemy sense is quite useful to keep from being caught off guard).

Get used to hitting Absorb when you get ambushed, then tapping again to detonate and knockback enemies while you quickly cast Chaos, this will keep you alive. If your shields go down regenerate them while in Absorb, I utilise cover with Nyx and use a single shot powerful weapon to remove tough threats. Also don't forget to use Mind Control on enemies like Ancients to remove the buffs they provide(healing, flame auras, toxin etc)

You can also drop P. Flow and use Vitality or any other Quality of Life mod you feel like eg the augment mod Chaos Sphere instead of P. Flow for even more crowd control, have fun.

Edited by Zilchy

Nyx isn't exactly blessed with an over-abundance of armor. Armored Agility and/or Steel Fiber are a waste of a mod slot on her. It simply doesn't improve her EHP enough to be better than other options. It's not much better with NyxP.

Nyx is about chaos and chaos benefits from range. OE, Stretch, and Power Drift should be considered the core of a Nyx build.

Nyx is a spammer, especially now that chaos can be spammed. So efficiency is very important. With Primed Flow and Zenurik a thing, 60% efficiency is enough and a full on Fleeting Expertise is optimal. Obviously, the Arcane Vespa helm helps and if you have one, more is better (though, an eye-sore on NyxP).

Some duration is now desirable for MC and to keep Absorb channeling costs under control. This starts to fall under personal preference, but Constitution and Primed Continuity are the obvious choices, with Constitution having the additional advantage of fast knockdown recovery.

I like survivability, particularly on the tougher Nyx Prime. Maxed Redirection and Vitality added to Quick Thinking to take advantage of the huge energy pool granted by Primed Flow are all good bets. Dedicated teams open up some other, more daring, options, but if you're on your own, covering your own rather skinny backside with these options should be strongly considered.

There are some other possibilities, particularly with Zenurik powering the whole deal, but the above is what I've been doing for a couple of years with minor revisions. It works and works well.

nyx dont need any str mod.. unless build for absorb,.

so drop intensify. and add over extended,

also dont use steel fiber on har its usless. nyx can hold at 50lvl more then 2 shots from enemy,  use QT . and for more DAMGE use feelin expertive. so that absorb skill dont eat all u energy

also add prime flow.. must have on nyx. + its give u more defends

Edited by dandin3

Steel Fiber is pretty bad on her, I would swap that for. Redirection. For a chaos build I would recommend this:

Energy Siphon

Redirection

Vitality

overextended

stretch

streamline

fleeting expertise 3/5

constitution

(p) continuity

<insert your favorite exhilus mod here>

You our will be able to cast chaos anywhere.