The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stalker beacons are useless

Dobermann92

Hello Tenno!

I hope I'm not the only one who bought multiple Stalker beacons (for few thousand ducats) to farm him. I tried to farm Despair and the Scimitar part. Me and my clanmates are decided to farm together, because they also had some beacons. Guess what: We got nothing but mods, argon crystals and a few Dread Bp-s. Nothing else! I thing Stalker beacons are here for only one reason: they are ducat sink. Not to mention Stalker has a very big droptable compared to the other 2 assassins. At least he should make a visit every week or so, but his appearance is so random.

My message to DE: Please stop putting more things into Stalker's drop table or make sure he always drops a blueprint (especially when using a beacon), because 70% of the time he drops only a mod or a rare resource and that is ridicolous.

Edited by Dobermann92

Just now, SFTT.Lightning said:

as far as i am aware, the stalker beacon doesn't even force the shadow stalker to spawn, but the regular one and that one can't even drop the scimitar part.

The Stalker beacon does spawn Shadow Stalker only if you completed The Second Dream

the problem is not the beacons but Stalker's Loot table itself

and stalker's rate of spawn as well 

even with a full party  everyone marked  by him  he  only gets about 3.5% spawn chance  as if that alone isnt unfair  all of the good drops have another 3% and down  to 0.15% drop rate   , this is flawed to the core   either raise his spawn rate  or fix his  loot table 

Edited by Retepzednem

2 hours ago, Melos-mevim said:

I think this is less of a problem with beacons more of a problem with stalkers bloated drop table

Probably you are correct, but it is still a problem :) I hope this topic will bring attention to the problem.

Edited by Dobermann92

13 minutes ago, Dobermann92 said:

Probably you are correct, but it is still a problem :) I hope this topic will bring attention to the problem.

Hopefully but sadly doubtful, people been complaining about stalker and his drops for a long time practically since he had his own unique weapons and there have been countless suggestions to fix this problem, things like removing mods from his drop tables, or increasing his spawn chances, every suggestion out there has been made and all of them been ignored.

3 hours ago, SFTT.Lightning said:

as far as i am aware, the stalker beacon doesn't even force the shadow stalker to spawn, but the regular one and that one can't even drop the scimitar part.

Nope. Did a stalker beacon run, clearly a shadow stalker and he droped a scimitar part.

I think it depends on if the player has completed Second dream or not.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I like that you can force it actually, gives you a CHANCE at getting something you need at least. The other option is to farm all of the bosses and wait for him which could be multiple times a day to a week from now unfortunately.

Coming from someone who literally has despair and regular gorgon as the only weapons left to level....i love that i can stack my odds a little bit at least. With that said though, the drop table really needs to be raised. Almost 3 years of playing this game and still missing a weapon from something in the game since like day 1 is a bit crappy.

1 minute ago, phoenix1992 said:

They fixed his drop table.
If anyone was not aware - shadow stalky was missing drops and it was fixed in 18.5... After that baro did not bring us beacons. 
Shame.

Idk what was "fixed", met him several times after 18.5, it's either 1.nothing. 2.mods. 3.dread. One time it was mantis something actually but still no freaking despair.

On 2/26/2016 at 8:39 AM, Dobermann92 said:

Hello Tenno!

I hope I'm not the only one who bought multiple Stalker beacons (for few thousand ducats) to farm him. I tried to farm Despair and the Scimitar part. Me and my clanmates are decided to farm together, because they also had some beacons. Guess what: We got nothing but mods, argon crystals and a few Dread Bp-s. Nothing else!

I've been playing for 3 years and I've gotten one despair bp.

ONE.

Good luck.