Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Forma a warframe

Lord_Datastorm

This is a question that has made me wonder. When you forma a warframe besides getting (or changing) a polarity slot, why a warframe does not get a buff in its base stats. even a 10% buff per forma up to 10 buffs (total amt of mod slots) would be nice. It would help towards end game. Everytime you forma a frame you have mastered it again (reached 30) but just changing/adding polarities really doesn't add much since the mods are the same.

I would really like to hear everyone opinion on this as well as hear from the devs too.

2 minutes ago, Rydian said:

You see, the problem is that is that then players would be stronger.
So enemies would be stronger to compensate for it.
And then players would be expected to put 10 Forma in to beat high-level enemies.

And nothx to that.

But see they always talk of balance, where is balance in things like the sorties.

Polarization is already a vertical power increase in its own right, so technically you can already reach whichever base stat buff you're looking for via extra modding capacity. The issue with asking for more ways of attaining raw power, as mentioned by Rydian, is that it will just have the end result of bumping end-game enemies up even further, and will thereby lead back to the status quo, with a bit of extra grind in-between.

Perhaps, though, if you're really into frame micro-management, instead of offering a flat power bonus, you could have Forma allow you to trade in a certain amount of one stat for an equal amount of another, so if you absolutely wanted a faster Rhino at a slight cost in shields or the like, you could.

Edited by Teridax68

Frames already grow more powerful as you level them up, as each level carries a boost in health, shields, or abilities. Another issue with what you're asking is that, ultimately, there's not all that much gameplay to just more and more vertical power increases. Getting quad damage might feel nice, right up until the enemy gets quad health, and vice versa, and at that point you're just back to square one, only in-between every flat damage-based frame ends up becoming even less relevant in late-game content.

Edited by Teridax68

17 minutes ago, Lord_Datastorm said:

but no matter how you polarize or not max redirection/vitality/vigor are the same no matter how many formas you put in. DE has talked about removing serration and making the weapons stronger as you level them, then why not the frames.

One thing: Frames already do that.
As you level a frame your shields, health and energy increase.
So they don't need to add anything else.

Currently DE is tossing around the ideas of weapons increasing in damage as they level up, similar to how frames increase in health, shields and energy, because currently leveling a weapon only gives you mod points and nothing else.

Further:
Putting a forma into a frame is already a decent power boost because in the end you can equip more maxed mods than you could previous.
For example: if you want to maximize a tank Valkyr with Eternal war you need at least two forma to even think about it.
An example build would be Steel Charge, Steel Fiber, Vitality, Primed Continuity, Intensify, Primed Flow, Streamline, Narrow Minded and Eternal war.
The problem is that without two forma you couldn't fit in the Eternal war as with her default polarities you use up all 78 points (60 because potato and 18 from Steel Charge aura) with everything but the "Eternal War" so you can't do that build.
Put in two polarities and you can now actually put in the mod you wanted.  Put in a third polarity and you could even be able to use your exilus slot for something.

And honestly that is a large enough power boost without needing to even think about increasing your base stats for every forma.

With your idea everything would eventually be balanced around a 10 forma build.
So even if you only need two or three polarities in your frame you're forced to level them an additional 7 to 8 times just to keep up with the power curve.

And that is without thinking about how absurd the base stats would get with a 100% increase in them.
I mean look at Saryn Prime and Volt Primes base energy of 200.  With a primed flow you can hit 850 energy at max, which is quite a lot.  With your idea of doubling the base stats after 10 forma there would be around 1600 energy with primed flow...which is just insane and should never be approached.

In short your idea would just be far to imbalanced and isn't needed.  Forma already provides a large enough benefit as it currently stands by allowing you to essentially double your mod capacity in the end.

Edited by Tsukinoki

6 hours ago, Tsukinoki said:

One thing: Frames already do that.
As you level a frame your shields, health and energy increase.
So they don't need to add anything else.

Currently DE is tossing around the ideas of weapons increasing in damage as they level up, similar to how frames increase in health, shields and energy, because currently leveling a weapon only gives you mod points and nothing else.

Further:
Putting a forma into a frame is already a decent power boost because in the end you can equip more maxed mods than you could previous.
For example: if you want to maximize a tank Valkyr with Eternal war you need at least two forma to even think about it.
An example build would be Steel Charge, Steel Fiber, Vitality, Primed Continuity, Intensify, Primed Flow, Streamline, Narrow Minded and Eternal war.
The problem is that without two forma you couldn't fit in the Eternal war as with her default polarities you use up all 78 points (60 because potato and 18 from Steel Charge aura) with everything but the "Eternal War" so you can't do that build.
Put in two polarities and you can now actually put in the mod you wanted.  Put in a third polarity and you could even be able to use your exilus slot for something.

And honestly that is a large enough power boost without needing to even think about increasing your base stats for every forma.

With your idea everything would eventually be balanced around a 10 forma build.
So even if you only need two or three polarities in your frame you're forced to level them an additional 7 to 8 times just to keep up with the power curve.

And that is without thinking about how absurd the base stats would get with a 100% increase in them.
I mean look at Saryn Prime and Volt Primes base energy of 200.  With a primed flow you can hit 850 energy at max, which is quite a lot.  With your idea of doubling the base stats after 10 forma there would be around 1600 energy with primed flow...which is just insane and should never be approached.

In short your idea would just be far to imbalanced and isn't needed.  Forma already provides a large enough benefit as it currently stands by allowing you to essentially double your mod capacity in the end.

But no matter if you have 0 forma or even 1 forma, your frame at level 30, you still can only get so high in shields/health/energy etc. 

we dont scale with our enemies we are stagnant. 

I was thinking about Forma/Prestige incentive myself. I agree on that much with the OP, but the rest are also right in that it would just lead to a senseless viscous circle if the buff stacked with times forma'd.

I propose introducing augment trees for each Warframe, something you can only redistribute by forma-ing. Maybe it wouldn't require an entire level reset, either. An option could be introduced to just refund a player's choices without adding a polarity. Something simple, like three choices designated at levels 10, 20, and 30. Make the first choice a minor stat buff of choice, for example. The second could be an additional passive, and the third could be a significant augment, something to pick out of play style and strategy, not raw power.

It could be deeper than that even and really add to the value in each Warframe. I believe it possible after seeing each focus tree. If something similar but perhaps more tailored could be done for each Warframe, it would flip metas and efficiency trends on their head. It would also give forma new value and ease the salt every time a player is rewarded one instead of that piece they wanted.

honestly I always believed that since we make our weapons and frames ourselves from scratch via blueprints and materials we find "laying around" everywhere that we should be able to customize everything we build somehow, since it makes no sense that every single soma is exactly the same as every other one. Whether this one might have a faster fire rate at an expense of worse recoil, or this one has a bit more damage at the expense of less accuracy, or this frame had a bit more shielding inplace of a little max energy or something. I always liked the trade off idea of some of the old arcane helmets, though a minority of people complained and ruined it for the majority. But, like I said, I was always one for more customization, not less.

Related idea about forma, I wish we could use a forma or something to add another mod slot or two to our weapons... and that warframe ability augments should have a couple more spots as well on either side of our aura polarity similarly to exilus mod slots.

Edited by unmog