The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mios or Lacera!

someguy216

Question

I just cant decide, I want to build only one as they are both quite expensive to build and both are the same weapon style so it seems pointless farming for both, but which should I get?

Mios:

1. Looks badass
  2. Has A great balance of damage, crit and attack speed as well as descent status.

Lacera:

1. Highest status chance, IN THE GAME.

I usually like to get weapons mainly based on their uniqueness so lacera would seem like the right choice but then mios looks better and looks abit less painful to fight with due to having a half descent attack speed. Can anyone help?

I'll go with the Mios. It has high status chance, decent damage, decent stats overal really and you can use mods like berserker on it. While the lacera has the highest status out of all melees (the miter and tysis have a 50% status chance while the lacera has a 45% status chance) it is really slow and it's slow crit chance makes it useless as a crit weapon. 

The Lacera and the Mios do share equal damage, but with the base damage of the Lacera being electricity, you don't have to do through procing IPS to get to the more useful elemental statuses. The Lacera also has a 45% base status chance, further reinforcing the players to go with a status build. 

The Mios does have a nice base attack speed with a critical chance where using a crit build (Or at least just berserker) would be profitable, but the Lacera lacks in both areas.

Looking at both weapons, most people would pick the Mios over the Lacera because of the faults in the stats it has... unless you have this mod...

fQxkQL7.png

This event mod coupled with Berserker really helps out with this weapon. So much to the point that I actually like using the Lacera over a lot of other melee weapons, including the Mios. I didn't like it too much when it was released because of the attack speed, now that isn't a problem.

With the insanely fast attack speed (As along as you slide attack once in a while), the capability for it to have 100% status chance (Or close to it anyways), it having a base elemental damage type, which makes it great for corrosive builds (It stripps SO much armor), makes it an incredible weapon.

But it's all up to you. You may like the Mios over the Lacera or vice versa. 

Edited by PUR3K1LL3R

Just now, PUR3K1LL3R said:

The Lacera and the Mios do share equal damage, but with the base damage of the Lacera being electricity, you don't have to do through procing IPS to get to the more useful elemental statuses. The Lacera also has a 45% base status chance, further reinforcing the players to go with a status build. 

The Mios does have a nice base attack speed with a critical chance where using a crit build (Or at least just berserker) would be profitable, but the Lacera lacks in both areas.

Looking at both weapons, most people would pick the Mios over the Lacera because of the faults in the stats it has... unless you have this mod...

fQxkQL7.png

This event mod coupled with Berserker really helps out with this weapon. So much to the point that I actually like using it. I didn't like it too much when it was released because of the attack speed, now that isn't a problem.

With the insanely fast attack speed (As along as you slide attack once in a while), the capability for it to have 100% status chance (Or close to it anyways), it having a base elemental damage type, which makes it great for corrosive builds (It stripps SO much armor), makes it an incredible weapon.

But it's all up to you. You may like the Mios over the Lacera or vice versa. 

Doesn't it just add the percentage of the crit to the base crit chance (so the lacera has a 2.5 crit chance and slide attacking with this gives it a 4.75% crit chance or does it just add on so it becomes 92.5% crit chance? I dunno how maiming strike works XD)

2 minutes ago, crimsonspartan1 said:

Doesn't it just add the percentage of the crit to the base crit chance (so the lacera has a 2.5 crit chance and slide attacking with this gives it a 4.75% crit chance or does it just add on so it becomes 92.5% crit chance? I dunno how maiming strike works XD)

I don't really know how it mingles with the weapons crit chance, but it doesn't really matter when it usually crits all the time. AFAIK, it just ignores it.

Edit: From the wiki: 

• Maiming Strike will grant a flat 90% chance to deal critical hits, in addition to the weapon's (modded) critical chance.
Edited by PUR3K1LL3R

1 minute ago, PUR3K1LL3R said:

I don't really know how it mingles with the weapons crit chance, but it doesn't really matter when it usually crits all the time. AFAIK, it just ignores it.

Ok I just checked the wiki and this is what it says: 

• Maiming Strike will grant a flat 90% chance to deal critical hits, in addition to the weapon's (modded) critical chance.

So it'll make the lacera' crit chance 92.5% on slide attacks, awesome :D

Lacera applies impressive amounts of Elemental Status.
however i'd probably go with Mios most of the time as Slash Status is nice too, plus Crits on all attacks and Et Cetera.

3 minutes ago, crimsonspartan1 said:

I dunno how maiming strike works

Maiming Strike adds a Flat Value.
+90 Crit on Slide Attack.

oh, someone else pressed post first. w/e.

Edited by taiiat

Just now, crimsonspartan1 said:

Ok I just checked the wiki and this is what it says: 

So it'll make the lacera' crit chance 92.5% on slide attacks, awesome :D

I edited that in my post before you got it :P

Just now, crimsonspartan1 said:

XD as soon as I posted what I found on the wiki, 2 others post it aswell XD.

well seems like I'll be using maiming strike on my lacera, redeemer and every other low crit melee :D

Works on everything... even things that are poop.

#TwinBasolkAren'tCrapAnymore

2 minutes ago, PUR3K1LL3R said:

I meant with the Basolks... :(

#NoAbilities

Sorry, but i will never accept basolks :D. Excuse me for that but i really dislike this weapon and maiming strike is better used for my lovely orthos prime than on this.

But i know what you have meant ^^

Edited by IceColdHawk

Just now, IceColdHawk said:

Sorry, but i will never accept basolks :D. Excuse me for that but i really dislike this weapon and maiming strike is better used for my lovely orthos prime than on this.

But i know what you have meant ^^

Pole-arms don't really tickle my pickle though... 

:D

Just now, PUR3K1LL3R said:

Pole-arms don't really tickle my pickle though... 

:D

Ohh....so you're one of those people...Well then twin basolks surely is go....BOLTACE. Aww too bad :D

@OP - I personally prefer lacera for good status procing for armor shredding capabilities and more badass looking in my eyes. Mios is quite faster but lacera does more awesome hits...also primed fury will be getable soon so, lacera probably will lose it's disadvantage.

Just now, IceColdHawk said:

Ohh....so you're one of those people...Well then twin basolks surely is go....BOLTACE. Aww too bad :D

@OP - I personally prefer lacera for good status procing for armor shredding capabilities and more badass looking in my eyes. Mios is quite faster but lacera does more awesome hits...also primed fury will be getable soon so, lacera probably will lose it's disadvantage.

Let me say it differently, I like the polearms, but it's the stances I don't like.

I love me some Sydon :P