Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How to deal with boredom?

crimsonspartan1

3 minutes ago, RevivedEdgeLord said:

Stop using duplicates as an excuse. It doesn't work. It's what happened, regardless of how warped the interpretation wouldm be. Basically, 2l8m8, ur emo.

Am actually not because this was the picture Makrisbrik and I were talking about

Spoiler

0ae8bbedc6.jpg

yea, same S#&$ for me. I stopped staying in front my computer and start learning to dance.

Or if I have to stay in front my computer, I'm either on chats or youtube singing. 

2 minutes ago, Valteria. said:

yea, same S#&$ for me. I stopped staying in front my computer and start learning to dance.

Or if I have to stay in front my computer, I'm either on chats or youtube singing. 

Or you know you could

Spoiler

Resurrect that warden diary thread again

jk

well techniquely it's the guy who kicked me from his rp's fault as he did cause me to go through a never ending cycle of boredom (and also depression, for a couple of hours) and the only way he can fix it is by lifting the ban on either one of his rps or the dice room.

But he'll never do that so i'll just suffer :|

Edited by crimsonspartan1

2 minutes ago, Skycook3y said:

Or you know you could

Hide contents

Resurrect that warden diary thread again

jk

would love to but I'm lacking motivatrion to do so, my incentives going on the forum is low now. 

Just now, Valteria. said:

would love to but I'm lacking motivatrion to do so, my incentives going on the forum is low now. 

Same for me when it comes to stories, though I recently had enough motivation to at least put a summary of the second half on my profile.

Spoiler

But I am betting that no one has read it yet .-.

Well i just felt like it so i made my own chat room (well it's actually a dice room...It's the closest thing to a chat room to me XD

Here's a link to the chatroom i created incase anyone wanna chat or something: 

https://rolz.org/dr?room=Crim%27s%20chatroom

well i did something outta complee boredom, time to await for visiters to come have a chat

Edited by crimsonspartan1

15 minutes ago, -Kyubey- said:

Since you like role-playing so much, role-play that you're not bored anymore.
Did you try asking?

Dude, yes i did and he just replied "GET, OUT". That was his awnser pretty much. Another thing is that he said if i posted in his 2 rps or the diceroom then he'll report me to the moderators and admins :|

Like, is that really how you would respond :|

33 minutes ago, -Kyubey- said:

What's stopping you from creating a new alias and rejoining the RP?

The fact that he hates me and has a little birdy (buddy) who likes giving me a difficult time. Well i cannot join his twob rp because he killed my oc off (kinda rude if you asked me) and then he kicked me from his open rp which i had like 7-8 ocs in and that i had a ton of plans for it but now that's gone to waste. Like i said i can't ask for him to let me back in because the awnsers will always be "NO" and "GET,OUT". Man wish there was something i could do to get back into his open rp and the diceroom though, thw twob rp i don't care about as much because i feel like it's getting kinda boring and that it was giving me alot of stress too as it has the d20 system and i keep on getting low rolls everytime which annoys me. You can ask him if he would let me back in but expect those awnsers to be no.

1 hour ago, Skycook3y said:

Well neither do I know what a heavy metal look is because I dress rather normally.
If you want a duplicate all you need to do is 1. Master the dark arts 2. Perform a fusion ritual which results in two minds residing in one body 3. Use Necromancy and other magic to make a duplicate 4. Let the second mind control them via magic 5. don't let them have free will because that sucks.

but the only things of those I have is brown hair .-.
All the other things were clearly makrisbriks fault because that one time I slept she went out with one of the duplicates and let it get it's nails painted and hair dyed. 

Too complicated to create duplicates. Makes my head hurt. Hush on our little secret. Your girlfriend YasaiTsume will be jealous?

Wot

Edgy and sexy? 

12 minutes ago, Valteria. said:

Bravo for learning to dance. I want to hear if you have recordings? 

1 hour ago, crimsonspartan1 said:

Well i just felt like it so i made my own chat room (well it's actually a dice room...It's the closest thing to a chat room to me XD

Here's a link to the chatroom i created incase anyone wanna chat or something: 

https://rolz.org/dr?room=Crim%27s%20chatroom

well i did something outta complee boredom, time to await for visiters to come have a chat

NICE! Good luck.

19 hours ago, crimsonspartan1 said:

The fact that he hates me and has a little birdy (buddy) who likes giving me a difficult time. Well i cannot join his twob rp because he killed my oc off (kinda rude if you asked me) and then he kicked me from his open rp which i had like 7-8 ocs in and that i had a ton of plans for it but now that's gone to waste. Like i said i can't ask for him to let me back in because the awnsers will always be "NO" and "GET,OUT". Man wish there was something i could do to get back into his open rp and the diceroom though, thw twob rp i don't care about as much because i feel like it's getting kinda boring and that it was giving me alot of stress too as it has the d20 system and i keep on getting low rolls everytime which annoys me. You can ask him if he would let me back in but expect those awnsers to be no.

Why are these specific RPs and dice rooms so important to you? I don't RP on here, but I have been roleplaying elsewhere for many years. Sometimes people get picky about things like style, post order, etc... Especially in real-time roleplaying like IRC and such. I've even had people call me a bad RPer because I wasn't catering to their OC's Mary Sue story. It's annoying, but there are certainly plenty more RPs to dive into. If this guy doesn't want to forgive and forget, that's his issue. You're free to move on.

All that said, even veteran roleplayers can improve, and the mark of a true veteran is acknowledging this. Creative writing demands a superior command of the language you intend to write in. Know its rules, then figure out how to bend them to create the literary effect you want. One of the most effective and fun ways to do this is to read books. It will give you inspiration and show you ways of turning a phrase that you may not have thought of before, helping you to define and deepen your own writing style. I would also suggest creating fewer characters but with greater depth, if you haven't already done so. A strong character will have strengths, weaknesses, and quirks that make them unique and believable. They will also evolve over time, which in my opinion is one of the most difficult things to master, as it requires getting inside your character's head.

For running your own RP, look into articles and books on how to be a Game/Dungeon Master, and also Island Theory, so you don't end up tearing your hair out trying to keep the reigns on the pace and direction of your story. Effective GMs take the focus off of themselves and let their players be the stars of the show. Not to say a GM can't also have an OC in the RP as well, but they must take special care not to dominate the plot with their character(s). You want to engage players and make them a central part of the story, otherwise they may begin to feel like mere spectators. GMs may also create a large cast of NPCs, which can be more shallow than OCs but should still have enough development to be believable for whatever capacity they'll be involved. Most importantly, the OCs of players should be able to cause changes in how the story progresses through their actions. This can pose some difficulties (see Island Theory), but a more non-linear story will significantly contribute to the longevity of your RP.

Why am I telling you all this? Because you seem to enjoy RP on these forums more than anything else, and I think with a little study you could really knock people's socks off.

2 hours ago, Tzolkat said:

Why are these specific RPs and dice rooms so important to you? I don't RP on here, but I have been roleplaying elsewhere for many years. Sometimes people get picky about things like style, post order, etc... Especially in real-time roleplaying like IRC and such. I've even had people call me a bad RPer because I wasn't catering to their OC's Mary Sue story. It's annoying, but there are certainly plenty more RPs to dive into. If this guy doesn't want to forgive and forget, that's his issue. You're free to move on.

All that said, even veteran roleplayers can improve, and the mark of a true veteran is acknowledging this. Creative writing demands a superior command of the language you intend to write in. Know its rules, then figure out how to bend them to create the literary effect you want. One of the most effective and fun ways to do this is to read books. It will give you inspiration and show you ways of turning a phrase that you may not have thought of before, helping you to define and deepen your own writing style. I would also suggest creating fewer characters but with greater depth, if you haven't already done so. A strong character will have strengths, weaknesses, and quirks that make them unique and believable. They will also evolve over time, which in my opinion is one of the most difficult things to master, as it requires getting inside your character's head.

For running your own RP, look into articles and books on how to be a Game/Dungeon Master, and also Island Theory, so you don't end up tearing your hair out trying to keep the reigns on the pace and direction of your story. Effective GMs take the focus off of themselves and let their players be the stars of the show. Not to say a GM can't also have an OC in the RP as well, but they must take special care not to dominate the plot with their character(s). You want to engage players and make them a central part of the story, otherwise they may begin to feel like mere spectators. GMs may also create a large cast of NPCs, which can be more shallow than OCs but should still have enough development to be believable for whatever capacity they'll be involved. Most importantly, the OCs of players should be able to cause changes in how the story progresses through their actions. This can pose some difficulties (see Island Theory), but a more non-linear story will significantly contribute to the longevity of your RP.

Why am I telling you all this? Because you seem to enjoy RP on these forums more than anything else, and I think with a little study you could really knock people's socks off.

Well i did spend alot of time studying the lore and such but i guess roleplayers just judge you base on your actions and previous rps most of the time.

Also i think i'll do alot of conclave now so i can get to the max rank in it and buy those cool looking conclave skins and that heavenly conclave syandana when it comes out.