Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Replace the Lotus?

Mirai___

51 minutes ago, (PS4)KestralSylver said:

She literally turned on her own race to aid the Tenno in usurping their Orokin masters and hid us away in cryosleep, and now she helps lead us in an effort to balance the system, but nah. Let's just trash our Space Mom because we want to listen to Darvo instead.

Makes sense

I can totally get behind being led by the Syndicate leaders for their respective missions, but replacing Lotus entirely would be very strange. Imagine who she would become if all of her general lines were rewritten for someone like Darvo? She'd basically become the chick that you dump your unwanted Kubrows on that occasionally sends you rewards and presents in your inbox. What a way to put out the person who is responsible for saving your life and guiding you for so long. 

Also, [DE]Rebecca is awesome and having her as our Community Manager, Devstream and Primetime hostess, and in-game guide is a privilege you shouldn't take for granted.

Sure it makes sense, children are ungrateful beings that leech off their parents and throw them away when they don't want them. Young kids these days! No sense of roots.

I still would love the Syndicate leaders talking to us in their missions though. I like space mom, she should stay in everything.

1 hour ago, TheGreatBB said:

Aww, but she's plant themed. Plants grant us their essence of air. I was just staying in character. ;)

She is HOT though. Then again, space mom is as well. Too bad all we usually see is her head. I didn't know what she looked like until the second dream's ending. Lol

What are you insinuating?

O.O

You stay away from Space Mom!

2 minutes ago, TheGreatBB said:

Sure it makes sense, children are ungrateful beings that leech off their parents and throw them away when they don't want them. Young kids these days! No sense of roots.

I still would love the Syndicate leaders talking to us in their missions though. I like space mom, she should stay in everything.

u are not a kid u are a soldier used by greedy leaders for ther own profit first the orokin and now lotus  the only person u can call mother is marguluis that was killed by the damn orokin basterds  

3 minutes ago, AEP8FlyBoy said:

What are you insinuating?

O.O

You stay away from Space Mom!

What? :O I just like it when she gives me her air to breath. Eesh! Some people.

3 minutes ago, venon23 said:

u are not a kid u are a soldier used by greedy leaders for ther own profit first the orokin and now lotus  the only person u can call mother is marguluis that was killed by the damn orokin basterds  

Lotus profits from us? :O

Just now, TheGreatBB said:

What? :O I just like it when she gives me her air to breath. Eesh! Some people.

Lotus profits from us? :O

she call it balance yea right ( acount balance for sure )
we dont know here goal since alll she does is lieng and hide things from us
maybe u should listen too the other bosses of the game they are not good fellows but not half of what they sayed is wrong

1 hour ago, siralextraffo said:

Yes, please.

With Ordis.

Pretty please.

For your blasphemous spewing of heretical ideals 

I condemn you, heretic, to be cleansed in this act of Exterminatus

May you learn from your mistakes as you and your liset shall be purged

ALRIGHT FIRE!!!!!!!!

ZX8nAYU.gif

23 minutes ago, venon23 said:

she call it balance yea right ( acount balance for sure )
we dont know here goal since alll she does is lieng and hide things from us
maybe u should listen too the other bosses of the game they are not good fellows but not half of what they sayed is wrong

Hey, what mother hasn't lied to their child to protect them?

"Yeah.. umm.. sorry Reb, we don't really need you to record lines anymore." And anyways, you're saying you want to replace her but you don't give the actual person to replace her with? What? Lets not forget if they actually want to replace Lotus, they either have to pay a voice actor/tress or find someone from the office to do it. Good luck with that.

edit: also they would have to replace every Lotus line with the changed person's lines. good luck again.

Edited by Meice

1 minute ago, Meice said:

"Yeah.. umm.. sorry Reb, we don't really need you to record lines anymore." And anyways, you're saying you want to replace her but you don't give the actual person to replace her with? What? Lets not forget if they actually want to replace Lotus, they either have to pay a voice actor/tress or find someone from the office to do it. Good luck with that.

Put Rebecca's voice through a modularize program and she can do all? :O

Just now, TheGreatBB said:

Put Rebecca's voice through a modularize program and she can do all? :O

They already do that. And if they want to replace Lotus with some other random female then whats the point anyways?

7 minutes ago, Meice said:

They already do that. And if they want to replace Lotus with some other random female then whats the point anyways?

That is the point. There isn't a lot of problems overall. What happens if Rebecca gets a better job elsewhere and decides to step down? (I know, I hope she never does. She's great community Manager.)

In the end, I think the OP wants a little variety and I think maybe syndicate specific ones would be very refreshing.

2 hours ago, TheGreatBB said:

What happens if Rebecca gets a better job elsewhere and decides to step down?

I guess DE already has plans for if and when this happens. Especially when Rebecca leaves on good terms, they'll have time left to write and record lines for an event that replaces Lotus.

3 minutes ago, Bibliothekar said:

I guess DE already has plans for if and when this happens. Especially when Rebecca leaves on good terms, they'll have time left to write and record lines for an event that replaces Lotus.

Or just get a different voice actress?  I mean, its not like the real physical person how works at DE actually is the Lotus, and its not live action so the face wouldn't change at all.  Get someone with a similar voice, maybe go so far as redo the older lines, and press on. 

21 hours ago, venon23 said:

IF i was a tenno according to the lore....

sorry mate she also lie too us tons off time didint tell us $ht  and her first main goal was too use us too take down the orokin and then too discard us .....
so she come with the bullsht that she save us just too use us again as tools  ...
the only ppl here making sacrifices are the tenno who where use by the orokin then by the sentients(nathah) and now by the lotus.
Even according to lore lotus is full of  crap just for her main goal  wich its unknown by now

edd: i perfer follow Suda cuz i already know whats w8 for me there  then follow some one thats been lieng too us for ions years ago

Wut iz dis harrasy?

On 3/3/2016 at 5:15 PM, Fears0meHunter said:

I had an idea for some sort of skin type thing where instead of the Lotus you could have someone like Darvo or even one of the syndicate people like Cephalon Suda. I'm pretty sure this is possible as Darvo has most of his lines already done like in survival he has his life support messages.

BTW I'm not too sure which topic this should go in so I thought I should put it here

(also Lotus would obviously come with you for quests like second dream)

Transmission redirected from General Discussion to Feedback Art&Animation channel.

Huh, surprisingly heated responses for such a benign idea.

The original suggestion said nothing about getting rid of Lotus entirely, just that you could have different "Mission Controls" for more than the very specific missions they already appear in, which sounds nifty.

Though I doubt you'd be able to just have, say, Darvo, be the announcer for every non-quest mission, I'd like to see more interaction with other characters.  Although I think I'm in the minority, I love hearing characters talk, even when they repeat themselves, I was sad when Ordis inexplicably went silent for a few days. 

1 minute ago, Vox_Preliator said:

Huh, surprisingly heated responses for such a benign idea.

The original suggestion said nothing about getting rid of Lotus entirely, just that you could have different "Mission Controls" for more than the very specific missions they already appear in, which sounds nifty.

Though I doubt you'd be able to just have, say, Darvo, be the announcer for every non-quest mission, I'd like to see more interaction with other characters.  Although I think I'm in the minority, I love hearing characters talk, even when they repeat themselves, I was sad when Ordis inexplicably went silent for a few days. 

The issue is that the OP was very vague and seemed to imply that any non-lotus-essential quest would not feature her, which a lot of players take issue with (for some reasons more valid than others, of course)

50 minutes ago, Vox_Preliator said:

The original suggestion said nothing about getting rid of Lotus entirely,

And yet the title is "Replace the Lotus" - which implies that you'd get rid of her. Otherwise it should have been something like "More NPC guides beside Lotus".