The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Performance post 18.5

eyeopener

13 minutes ago, [DE]Dmitri said:

Hey eyeopener, 

In your OP you mention that you are using an SSD: Samsung EVO 120GB.
You also mention that you have already tried uninstalling the game.

Is this the only drive that you have installed Warframe on?
Could you try uninstalling Warframe and install it on a separate drive? Even if it's not an SSD.

Regarding your R9 270X:
I looked over your logs and it looks like you are on AMD driver version 15.8. AMD actually just recently released 15.11 beta drivers, so maybe you could give those a try? 
http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/latest-catalyst-windows-beta.aspx
Also I am not sure if you are overclocking however if you are I would suggest that it be turned off.

I am more curious about the drives though. 

Well I'm still on the AMD 14.5 drivers, seeing as I've had bad experiences with the 15.0 drivers with other games and this driver seems to be happy with my entire games library, but I'm not suffering super lag but I do get some stuttering here and there. Mostly due to enemy density and particle Fx. But I've only noticed it on Draco and not as bad everywhere else.

14 minutes ago, [DE]Dmitri said:

Is this the only drive that you have installed Warframe on?
Could you try uninstalling Warframe and install it on a separate drive? Even if it's not an SSD.

Regarding your R9 270X:
-see picture
Also I am not sure if you are overclocking however if you are I would suggest that it be turned off.

I am more curious about the drives though. 

QHuK6Lv.jpg

Haven't overclocked. As I said everything was fine before 18.5, I played the same day on Ceres Draco before I logged out patched and played again on Ceres Draco.
Well I do not believe that changing the drive will change the performance, but it is an interesting idea, so I will try. Also I have LoL and CS:GO installed on the same SSD as my OS (Win 10); they are running fine (Just started CS:GO 160-200fps no screen stuttering/frame skipping).

1 minute ago, eyeopener said:

.Well I do not believe that changing the drive will change the performance, but it is an interesting idea, so I will try.

Drive theory came up as a result of all of the logs you sent us. I am hopeful that this will prove useful, and it is ideally not a permanent solution (as I'm sure you'd like to keep your games all in the same place), but just trying to pinpoint the cause.

36 minutes ago, [DE]Dmitri said:

Drive theory came up as a result of all of the logs you sent us. I am hopeful that this will prove useful, and it is ideally not a permanent solution (as I'm sure you'd like to keep your games all in the same place), but just trying to pinpoint the cause.

ok just have tested it and these are the results (ceres draco 4 man):
10 fps more (around 40 now), 6-8ms higher frame time but it feels more fluent than before.

But it is still not near the the performance level before 18.5 where i had on the same mission around 100-120fps and absolutely fluent game play.

I've uploaded the log.

On 3/4/2016 at 6:02 PM, eyeopener said:
  Hide contents

First thing I have done is after updating the game: Start a mission - Ceres Draco with a 4 man squad and my fps are around 40.

The game is unplayable for me again as it was before frame time optimizations

Meanwhile I glide at 12FPS and you call 40 "unplayable"?

I got a good FPS boos out of this update, while before I would play at the already mentioned 12 (minimum graphics) I'm now around 30 with graphics at max SO maybe the problem isn't general, unless your options have been set at "40FPS cap".

My system specs:
CPU: AMD 8350
GPU: R9 300 MSI Twin Frozr
MB: ROGCrosshair V Formula Z
RAM: 16GB

Before 18.5 i was getting 60FPS all day no matter what. Now after this patch, I'm getting 49FPS but the biggest issue is the massive studdering that makes it feel like the FPS is much lower like 20. To be honest the game didn't need Optimization for PC at least for me being an AMD user the game was one of the smoothest online games I play, now its one of the worst. Most likely will not be playing the game until this is resolved, if it isn't then i guess you lose a founder.

On 09/03/2016 at 4:44 PM, [DE]Dmitri said:

so whats the case now??? I still get automated messages.

Through trial and error i've gotten the stutter under control for the most part (not completely).

I re-enabled directx10 and disabled both directx11 and multi threaded rendering in the launcher. My ingame fps is lower but still between 15-25 which means definitely playable and no stuttering.

I tried directx11 on, 10 off, no multithread but stuttering remained

I tried directx11off, 10 on, enabled multithread and this caused stuttering too

I tried 11 on 10 off, multi thread enabled and this stuttered

I am now trying to verify and optimize with 10 on, 11 off, multithread off and check to see if I can turn my game volume back on and will update this post. I hope this helps someone else.

Just now, Lumeh said:

today, i started warframe like usual, when something like this popped, right after 'checking for new updates'

http://imgur.com/iYahcYZ

i tried waiting (as it says it will restart shortly), but nothing happened. needless to say, i cannot login or play

The servers are currently being hammered by an attack, gotta' wait for things to be fixed.

My whole game seems to be out of sync.  My sword is not attached to my hand-it just floats.  I and my enemies seem to float rather than run.  Everything I see seems to be in pieces.  My dog's fur is floating beside its body.

after 18.5 things look awesome and stuff, but WF started to freeze mid-game, i think it had happened before 18.5, but it's more apparent now as it has become a daily occurrence, similar to this post: 

closing with task manager kinda works, until it says i dont have permissions to end the process, resulting in me having to force reboot. im running on administrator to begin with so yeah.. anyone facing this problem as well??

Just asking but can we expect more performance hotfixes in the future?

I have pretty much everything on low (60 fps in medium before 18.5) vsync on, reverb off and everything i can to have a better performance, while my fps are somewhat decent (45-60) there are freezes/stuttering which is most noticeable when entering doors, enemies spawning and a minor random freeze while rotating the camera.

Some abilities seems to having a huge impact on performance (i.e bladestorm).

Since this megathread was pinned for the sake of Update 18.5 and we are now on 18.6.1.1 I think now would be a good time to lock it.
Specific issues can go back to being posted about in their own respective threads and/or support tickets. 

As always we will continue to monitor and improve performance wherever possible. 
Thanks everyone.