Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hive Mission Type: Hive is Invulnerable

Dojutrek

Before I start, I would like it if anyone that's responding to this Post confirm that this is a problem with the Hives and if at all possible explain the steps you took to get this state to occur. This will help out the Devs or at least give them enough information to allow them to repair this issue from occurring in the future. Thank you.

To explain how I got this problem, I was running the Hive mission to get the Inaros quest requirement (Juggernaut) on Eris when this occurred. As you can see in this Image that I had completed the 5 Tumor requirement and had plugged about three bursts of my Sybaris into the Hive only to find it was immune to all damage. I had then attempted to deal damage with Procs or Abilities to no avail, the only other option was to attempt to use Clem or any Summons I had in my gear which also didn't work. 

Prior to getting this state I had thrown down a Bastille to keep enemies away from the area and had since timed out, that's the only other thing I can think of that would cause this state as all damage did nothing to the Hive. I have since repeated this case three times in three different runs and can only ascertain that it could be an issue with Vauban's kit or the Hive mission in general. So I implore anyone who has access to both confirm this issue and please post their findings here to get this remedied as soon as possible.

Edited by Dojutrek
Problems with Image

(The following occured during the Acanth (Eris): Destroy Enemy Facility - 43m - 11600cr - Pulse Volt Helmet (Blueprint) mission.)

Spawning the Juggernaut before you killed any Hives will result in the first hive becoming invincible, making the mission impossible to complete.

YfyyooP.jpg

Was about to kill the last hive when it said: "Nope, Mr. Nyx Prime, sir. You're not getting those 3 corpus caches."

Well, it bugged and was still invulnerable after the destruction of the 5th tumor. Don't know what happend. My mate had a Nova and the Molecular Prime explosion destroyed at least one tumor. I also spammed a bit Chaos and the hive was hit multiple times and transformed in a giant phantom Nyx for a few seconds only while the other Infested stayed confused.

So... don't know if we broke something or the latest patch did his work. DE, pls check.

I ran into the same problem - seems to be related to the Juggernaut spawning.

If the Juggernaut spawned before killing the fifth tumor, the hive would become invincible. But playing stealthy lets you get through the mission.

17929C17646E5106F3F681B308EAAC809979E79F

Hello There.

im actualy new in-game so trying to do my quest's , but im stucked on a mission (patient zero) Sabotage Alad's Infested ship on Brugia(Eris) Level22-24 for the quest we need to do 3 simple things right?. destroy 3 hive's, but before we can destroy them there are 5more things to do!!! destroy 5 tumor notes for each hive . Right? , and still doing all the right things here 5/5 destroy tumor notes and still i'cant destroy the hive 

did the quest several times but every time i get stuck on it i think its a bug or im doing something wrong im gona post pictures of it and hope to find a solution from other players.

OigmAEh.jpg?1 

0rxuGd9.jpg

Edited by Saske92
removed megathread tag, since it is reserved for Administrators and Community Moderators.

Eris, Brugia- After 5/5 tumor nodes being destroyed hive remains unable to be destroyed. (No animation for the shielding drop occurs.) dealing damage to hive results in 0. Doesnt affect every hive in mission, seems to be random. One bugged Hive doesnt mean every hive will be bugged, but still results in an uncompleted mission forcing an abandon.

Merged a few threads. Thanks for posting, everyone! This issue is proving difficult to reproduce with any consistency, here's what we do know from initial tests:

• Occurs in both solo and squad missions, not MP related.
  • Not related to the Juggernaut spawning.
  • Sometimes occurs after using Nyx' mind control on the hive, but also happened without it. Likely a false positive but won't rule it out at this stage.
  • Occurs with several, probably all hive types.
  • Unconfirmed - May be related to the tile the hive spawns in.
  • Unconfirmed - May be related to tumor nodes. It's possible that extra tumor nodes (above the normal 5 count) are either hidden and/or respawning after destroying them all. Also reported in this thread.

The following info might help us track down the cause of the problem:

1. A screenshot of the hive showing the area it spawned in (thanks anyone who posted these already)
  2. Which Warframes you and your squadmates had equipped.
  3. If you found any extra tumor nodes in the area after destroying 5/5.

Had and invulnerable hive with a full squad picked up on public matchmaking.  Just kept dodging infested through 2 host migrations, and then Lotus told us  it was vulnerable. it was...

No nyx in the group, nekros, rhineo, excal and nezha

Edited by QQQQMkII

Got the same result after running as nyx. Used chaos (i think) near the last hive and had to abort mission. Prior to destroying the last node, i scanned it and was still able to destroy it. The hive was invincible however, with no vulnerability message. (Sorry for the unclear screenshot, i was really frustrated after combing the level for about an hour after i found that the hive wasn't taking damage)1553F1502288E31C1CAA3FD390C33F57DF4A382B