Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Servers still down [RESOLVED]

Robm

I am trying to play after the update, however, I can't get past the launcher because "ERROR_INTERNET_CANNOT_CONNECT". MY internet is working fine. I am on TWC and live near Charlotte NC. Anyone else having this problem? 

Edited by DERebecca
Added status to title

2 minutes ago, prometheus2573 said:

There are some people online... the server are overwhelm... they can't fix what ain't broken. Wait a day or two.

They could just get better servers if that happens to be the problem. 

Just now, Robm said:

They could just get better servers if that happens to be the problem. 

They could charge for the game and stop being a free to play game too and you might be ok with it but i am sure there are plenty of people who still want this game to be free to play.

3 minutes ago, prometheus2573 said:

They could charge for the game and stop being a free to play game too and you might be ok with it but i am sure there are plenty of people who still want this game to be free to play.

You seem to be under the impression that "Free to play" is some sort of generosity on part of the developers.

It is actually a business model. They are intending to make more money with this model than with a 60 dollar release. Free to play isn't some sort of gift that leaves devs broke. Please, understand the business model before commenting.

Edited by (PS4)deathfrombelow5

Just now, (PS4)deathfrombelow5 said:

You seem to be under the impression that "Free to play" is some sort of generosity on part of the developers.

It is actually a business model. They are intending to make more money with this model than with a 60 dollar release. Free to play isn't some sort of gift that leaves devs broke. Please. understand the business model before commenting.

go play XCOM2 and try to download it and even play without putting a credit card.

1 minute ago, prometheus2573 said:

go play XCOM2 and try to download it and even play without putting a credit card.

You are still not getting it man. This has nothing to do with the initial price of the game. Warframe is built on the premise of getting people in the door for free, and then pushing them toward plat purchases whenever it can. The game is only "free" to try to get people to pay later. Its like a sale where you have to buy 2 items to get a discount. The store isn't being generous, its trying to get you to spend more money on an item than you originally would.

In the case of Warframe, the devs have a net profit from this model.

6 hours ago, White_Matter said:

Yeah game won't launch. 

You know, if I didn't see threads like this I wouldn't even notice a problem because I'm in-game and chat is overflowing.  So it's possible that not everybody knows about it.  It's also nighttime now.

Can you access the main warframe.com site?

1 minute ago, White_Matter said:

I verified download cache, and then stuck @ "checking for updates" again.

This is probably the 30th "update failed" message I got. 

Only the 30th? Damn dude, your are behind.

Edited by PoisonHD

Just now, Rydian said:

You know, if I didn't see threads like this I wouldn't even notice a problem because I'm in-game and chat is overflowing.  So it's possible that not everybody knows about it.  It's also nighttime now.

Can you access the main warframe.com site?

No I can't. And the launcher can't get past "checking for updates"

1 minute ago, White_Matter said:

No I can't. And the launcher can't get past "checking for updates"

In the start menu type "cmd" with no quotes and hit enter.

In the black box that pops up type "tracert warframe.com" and hit enter.  Wait a minute or two for it to finish, then screenshot it for us.

2 minutes ago, Rydian said:

In the start menu type "cmd" with no quotes and hit enter.

In the black box that pops up type "tracert warframe.com" and hit enter.  Wait a minute or two for it to finish, then screenshot it for us.

all i am getting is a bunch request timed out. 

same here, the launcher cannot get past the "checing for updates" (already got the 18.5 update) and after that it says error and craches. also the warframe page wont work :/ luckly the forum somehow works

Edited by xXJunaiXx