Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

We need more music. Again

Molagstar_Molakath

I know it's been requested multiple times but it's been so long since we've seen new soundtracks (besides Second Dream which you can now hear only on the back of your ship)

This game has great music artists, and yet we get the same musics on the same levels over and over again. Grineer musics sound pretty much all the same to me and we have only 1 Corpus track, 1 void track, 1 derelict track, 1 infested track and 1 stalker track for rare occasions

I really loved the Corpus music the first time i heard it. So much it got stuck in my head and made me want to play more
So much time has passed though, and it is getting old and overused. Does not tie me to the game anymore

I want to remind DE of how much a good soundtrack is important in these games of fighting and exploring, and i will make the comparison with the past masterpieces DE has worked on:
Unreal and Unreal Tournament

Unreal was a great adventure on great worlds with great gameplay and great level design
The soundtrack was so fitting and so long and so great that many times i had to replay the fight or delay it just to listen at how cool that fight was.
I played Unreal like 6 times and i still find the soundtrack utterly amazing. If it wasn't for the soundtrack i would not have loved the game so much.

In Unreal Tournament, every map accompanied your actions with a great soundtrack and it was so good you could replay the same map over and over for ages before getting bored of it.

This game needs this kind of feature to prevent maps from getting boring too fast.
I know you can't hire those great artists of the past, but i see you have talented composers who can make great music. I can't understand why they make it so slowly.
Hire more of them maybe? Go wild  and show us many, many musical pieces to accompany our carnage.

TL;DR:
I want to see the old days. Don't go cheap on composing the soundtracks and bring us much, much more. And possibly faster.

• 3 weeks later...

i cannot express how much i agree and how wholeheartedly i double up this thread :

''I really loved the Corpus music the first time i heard it. So much it got stuck in my head and made me want to play more
So much time has passed though, and it is getting old and overused. Does not tie me to the game anymore''

exactly !

''I want to remind DE of how much a good soundtrack is important in these games of fighting and exploring''

yes !

i want to say i feel this game is meant to be 'atmospheric' in nature, and especially with latest sabotage updates i really think that shows clearly, so the only thing that is a bit lacking is the musical department. there are very few tracks for a game that has so much content ! procedural generated maps ? heck, you need procedural generated music guys !

all jokes aside, GAME NEEDS MORE MUSIC ! just a couple of tracks for each faction will do at first, and honestly that's too much. i'm a part time professional musician and i could compose that many tracks (about 8 or 10) in maybe less than a month. and i don't mean garbage, i mean really solid tracks you can listen while you play which will emphasize your environment and improve your gaming experience, like that corpus soundtrack which is AWESOME. that intro when baseline kicks in ? seriously that is EXACTLY the feeling this game needs.

all right that's all i wanted to say ! MORE MUSIC !

We can have specific music for specific mission type that is catered for the faction

instead of having the faction music playing for every single mission.
Also if life support hit low level in survival, the soundtrack could change to hint the players.

As well as specific boss battle theme which cuts the regular music and set a more intensified pace to the game

"you are going to die easily" theme

Lephantis battle?

Tyl Regor battle ?

Kela De Thaym battle?

Lieutenant Lech Kril battle ?

Rescue ?

Spy (Alarm Raised) ?

Spy (Stealth) ?

Sabotage (Escape) ?

Jailbreak (Captured by Zanuka) ?

Archwings (Extermination/ Formorian Alert) ?

• 1 month later...

Boss music... now that's what I would love to hear.

I agree that areas kind of get dull with the same music. I have played their all Unreal and Unreal Tournament games when I was a kid and soundtracks are what I remember best after fun action. From my 150 game collection, very few of them have memorable soundtracks. Like Prince Of Persia, Sacred, Assassin's Creed 2, Unreal Tournament -99 and 2004 and 3.

• 5 weeks later...
On 3/25/2016 at 7:53 AM, Ada_Wong_SG said:

We can have specific music for specific mission type that is catered for the faction

instead of having the faction music playing for every single mission.
Also if life support hit low level in survival, the soundtrack could change to hint the players.

As well as specific boss battle theme which cuts the regular music and set a more intensified pace to the game

"you are going to die easily" theme

Lephantis battle?

Tyl Regor battle ?

Kela De Thaym battle?

Lieutenant Lech Kril battle ?

Rescue ?

Spy (Alarm Raised) ?

Spy (Stealth) ?

Sabotage (Escape) ?

Jailbreak (Captured by Zanuka) ?

Archwings (Extermination/ Formorian Alert) ?

Oh my god, This will make me more into the game now than its boring state for me. Feels reptitious and survial in critical situations where the ls drops low

That would be AWSOME and add some ambiances. Like Ship creeping since we do missions in other vessels

While i agree that we need more music....Im not sure that i want Orchestral/Rock/Metal  or such.  Because it will completely destroy already weakened monk/ninja atmosphere.

I would prefer something similar to early Warframe music. Lots of drums and chanting.  I still remember that ambient starchart throatsinging....hell i miss that stuff.