Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Any projectile weapons with high enough firerate will stick to water

ZetraThorn

On 3/6/2016 at 2:42 PM, Grayscale_Lord said:

Found really strange interraction with projectile weapons. If you have high enough firerate projectiles will stick to water and remain there. Eventually it starts to kill your framerate.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We will take a look and get it cleaned up. 

45 minutes ago, [DE]Dmitri said:

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We will take a look and get it cleaned up. 

Nice. Thanks Dmitri.

Also tested with other projectile weapons. As of now I was able to replicate this with Supra and Paracyst. Other projectile weapons do not have high enough firerate.

1 minute ago, Grayscale_Lord said:

Nice. Thanks Dmitri.

Also tested with other projectile weapons. As of now I was able to replicate this with Supra and Paracyst. Other projectile weapons do not have high enough firerate.

Great, appreciate the extra testing. I would advise against firing too many projectiles since, as you may already know, it looks like this can crash your game.
Hope to have all of this fixed ASAP.

Edited by [DE]Dmitri

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, [DE]Xander said:

We're continuing to investigate which weapons and abilities that are too sticky; at this point it appears they'll need to fixed on a case by case basis.

Simulor orbs stick too, just thought I'd mention it as it is a direct contrast of the high fire rate scenario,   It also prevents them from moving towards each other.  They become kinda like little landmines in the water.

Edited by Xekrin

3 hours ago, Xekrin said:

Simulor orbs stick too, just thought I'd mention it as it is a direct contrast of the high fire rate scenario,   It also prevents them from moving towards each other.  They become kinda like little landmines in the water.

As Grayscale_Lord mentioned as well (reminded me because of your Mirage profile icon haha), this also applies to Mirage's Prism ability. Doesn't really make much of a difference nor does it happen often at all, with the exception of Law of Retribution via in the first part there's one of the room's with the injector with a pool of water covering a large portion of the tile, so I've seen (and have done myself) Mirage players just plop one down and let it sit there, deactivating it when enemies start arriving out of the cave(s) nearby.