The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So, has anyone figured out precisely how the Mutualist Cernos' gas clouds work?

RealPandemonium

Question

20 answers to this question

10 minutes ago, DarcnyssWolfe said:

Fully modded, corrosive/fire/split chamber, 100% status chance. I can fire it into a crowd and only see a FEW toxin procs and no other proc. If you are able to get other procs from the cloud (status procs just fine on actually arrow impacts) I'd be quite interested in finding out how this buggy weapon is functioning.

HbycYt0.jpg

Fresh from the VoidOven.

44 minutes ago, DarcnyssWolfe said:

Fully modded, corrosive/fire/split chamber, 100% status chance. I can fire it into a crowd and only see a FEW toxin procs and no other proc. If you are able to get other procs from the cloud (status procs just fine on actually arrow impacts) I'd be quite interested in finding out how this buggy weapon is functioning.

TUJcAys.jpg

There ya go, Corrosive procs.

Clouds are affected by mods btw, guys.  How the cloud works superficially is already reported on the wiki; I was hoping that a reader had figured out how it works under the hood.  Maybe I should have known better than to post this in Feedback, where the "mastery fodder trash" buzzards are always circling.  

Edited by RealPandemonium

1 minute ago, DarcnyssWolfe said:

With that the weapon could finally shine and be a decent alternative to Torrid.

Whilst I agree with making it affected by mods, it already shines as a Status machine.

Load up Radiation and just spam uncharged arrows and watch as the entire tile starts fighting itself.

21 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

Whilst I agree with making it affected by mods, it already shines as a Status machine.

Load up Radiation and just spam uncharged arrows and watch as the entire tile starts fighting itself.

I'm assuming you mean hitting them with uncharged arrows to inflict status as I already mentioned the clouds only proc toxin atm. That said there are far better alternative ISP status weapons than firing uncharged shots from the bow.

I am also interested. If someone would be nice enough to expand the mechanics behind this weapon. 
Does the second projectile scale and does it stack with multishot? Does Ivara like it? Wont it actually work out like Dragkoon if the projectile is effected by multishot and scales? So much to know...

31 minutes ago, RealPandemonium said:

Clouds are affected by mods btw, guys.  How the cloud works superficially is already reported on the wiki; I was hoping that a reader had figured out how it works under the hood.  Maybe I should have known better than to post this in Feedback, where the "mastery fodder trash" buzzards are always circling.  

A) Not even constructive.

B) What's the point in blatantly insulting people?

That's a pretty uncalled for post.

The weapon just doesn't seem very good, it feels like a worse Torrid.

The clouds must be bugged or something if the wiki reports it working with mods because the damage is terribly low even on low lvl infested and seem to be heavily weighted towards toxic.

Then you have the fact if you kill something the rag-dolling causes the cloud to form where the body lands as opposed to the hit location.

Overall its highly underwhelming as a weapon, not entirely mastery fodder per say but a downgraded Torrid if you try and use the AoEs.

Cloud base damage appears to be 4 per instance, which seems low.  It is affected by mods, and I even managed to take down some level 80+ Grineer nonmelee units with clouds during a sortie using a Corrosive proc build (this was with only 4 mods, though, so maxcase is probably much better but still underwhelming.)

So far (still not maxed it) I have noticed couple of things.
It was made for Saryn, but it is not like Saryn needs it that bad.
It sucks for stealth runs (well duh).
Rakta Cernos overpowers it.
I still need to get my lazy backside to do some checks with Ivara, it may see more use with her.

1 hour ago, phoenix1992 said:

So far (still not maxed it) I have noticed couple of things.
It was made for Saryn, but it is not like Saryn needs it that bad.
It sucks for stealth runs (well duh).
Rakta Cernos overpowers it.
I still need to get my lazy backside to do some checks with Ivara, it may see more use with her.

Besides the free toxin status it doesn't have any special synergy with Saryn.  Ivara's Prowl may increase cloud damage.  

Just now, RealPandemonium said:

Besides the free toxin status it doesn't have any special synergy with Saryn.  Ivara's Prowl may increase cloud damage.  

I was thinking of Artemis Bowl. But I am not able to check in game right now how the Cloud is applied while using it. 

When mutalist quanta was released I was extremely exited about the specs and the potential. I have no idea has DE tweaked the weapon since those days but ever since I haven't touched it. And now I have my own doubts regarding all mutalist weapons. They seem to have awesome potential but that's it. Atm. I hope it would be a good combination with saryn spores but I'm afraid that I might get disappointed -- again.

So now I'm in the same situation as OP: I want to find from player feedback is the weapon worth to have plus 3-5 forma it. Or is it just a MR leveling weapon. Atm I'm running 2 forma Rakta Cernos.

Edit: I'm building basic cernos to build mutalist cernos so I will soon figure it out by myself :)

Edited by carnaga

Ivara small feedback.
Navigator : You take control over the arrow (no surprise), and the cloud flies in front of you. It does have some control, but it is pretty meager.
Artemis  Bow : Not worth it. The Bow can have hilariously big Status, but Artemis Bow has only 20% per arrow. 
Result so far : With potato and formatting, it can make some nice AoE status rain.  But we already have weapons with better ammo efficiency that are able to do that. I hope that this bow will get some tweaks, or straight buff, since right now it is downgrade from Rakta without any good sidegrade effects.

You shoot, a little wisp flys out after the arrow, if it hits anything between the player and its target (the arrow) it'll form a cloud. The cloud does some damage but is currently unaffected by mods, so even fully modded its doing single digits to anything over 20 with armor.

No improvement/buff really needed, simple fix to bring it in line with other weapons ex. Affected by mods.

With that the weapon could finally shine and be a decent alternative to Torrid.

Edit: That would include allowing the cloud to proc the appropriate modded status effects as well, as currently being unaffect by mods the cloud can only proc toxin.

Edited by DarcnyssWolfe