The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Question about EV role of LoR Raid

Bread-Bad

Question

So I've just got out of a failed NM LoR run (fomorian core touched the electricity) and a MR21 bless trin whispered some insults and ignored me before I could even reply to positively discern the issue. I was playing EV trin (194% str/250% range) and EV'ing close to the core as well as hacking (since no one was pre-hacking). Once we got to the 3rd wave of pads the Bless trin went onto the 4th set of pads and I noticed she had no energy to bless and there were no enemies in the next room to quickly vamp while there we're plenty in the previous room. We ended up failing on the 4th set of pads since there was no blessing.

So my question is, did I do something wrong playing as EV trin and not sticking to the bless trin? 

11 answers to this question

In your situation I would've EV'd an enemy in the previous room closest to the Trin and hopefully they'd be in range. Did the Trin get attacked by Vay Hek and lose all her energy? Is your duration high or low? Was everyone else already in the next room and on the pads? Hard to know for sure without having been there and witnessed everything. Chances are they're overreacting a bit.

I was actually ev'ing in the previous room a ton, but I think she was too  far since she wasn't getting any. I assume she lost most of her energy from standing on the pad and my duration is low with transient fortitude and filtering expertise (no duration mods). 

Also host was driver, I was hacker since no one else wanted to hack. The fail was due to someone getting off the pad while in the middle of the electric rails. 

Edited by Bread-Bad

3 minutes ago, Bread-Bad said:

I was actually ev'ing in the previous room a ton, but I think she was too  far since she wasn't getting any. I assume she lost most of her energy from standing on the pad and my duration is low with transient fortitude and filtering expertise (no duration mods). 

Also host was driver, I was hacker since no one else wanted to hack. The fail was due to someone getting off the pad while in the middle of the electric rails. 

if the fail wasnt even because the bless died they had no reason to complain in the first place.

5 minutes ago, marshmellory said:

if the fail wasnt even because the bless died they had no reason to complain in the first place.

The thing is I think the bless died on the pad and was pushed off, can't think of any other reason she was so mad. The host reinvited everyone, but she left immediately not without insulting me when i joined. 

Edited by Bread-Bad

Just now, Bread-Bad said:

The thing is I think the bless died on the pad and was pushed off, can't think of any other reason she was so mad. The host reinvited everyone, but she left immediately when i joined. 

regardless they're just being whiny, its barely your fault at all from what i can tell.

when i'm EVing on nightmare mode especially, I have people WP an enemy near them so I dont have to search.

Uhm, so your team has some problems. First, hacker should be loki, run forward, disarm , and hack. EV drives the core, so EV in the center of the team, when EV uses skill, all member easy gain energy.

And bless, quick thinking + self damage eat a lot energy too, if bless doesnt use R10 primed flow, bless Trin will have no energy to use skill.

I was a bless, and EV afk, but we did lor nm, I used only 5-6 energy pads.

Bless Trin should be carrying at least 50 energy pizzas, and should be able to EV herself to some extent.  EV Trin is nice to have, but I've personally played both roles with one Trin when our EV crashed early in a NM raid.

That being said, I also carry energy pizzas as EV Trin just in case enemies thin out.  That's usually only a problem in stage 1, but if you notice Bless Trin is out of energy and there's no other way, then go drop them a few slices.  Restores are cheap.

Other than a little team disorganisation I'd say the Bless Trin is too used to having EV Trin as a crutch and not capable of reading the situation and acting accordingly. You did nothing wrong far as I'm concerned, though you should be the one driving the tram. Also the Loki should be not only hacking for you but marking enemies for you to EV, I play Loki often in Raids and I do this when enemies are scarce.