The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

We are too OP... OP is not fun.

Umbra-

Exactly! I do not find killing each enemy in one shot being fun. I've literally "nerfed" many of my weapons, to enjoy game a bit more. For example I really love to use my Braton Prime, because (presumably) it's not OP. (I do not use absurdly hilarious weapons such as Synoid Simulor, Tonkor, Boltor Prime, Soma Prime etc. Hell! I hate it when people in my team use them! Especially Synoid Simulor...) So yeah, of course I was wrong. Modded correctly Braton Prime easily kills each enemy, no matter if it's Sortie or 40+ waves on T4 Survival. (And I know, Prime... slightly better version)  So what I did?  I removed all of buffing mods (excluding Serration) to enjoy this weapon. To feel the fun! Now my current build is: Maxed Serration, Speed Trigger, Rifle Ammo Mutation, Fast Hands + Vital Sense. And it's awesome! Finally most enemies are challenging. Now when I see enemy (Rank 45+) I'm scared as f*ck! What's more interesting, DE is adding a lot of new weapons that are even more powerful.

Something needs to be changed. Some people may like it to be OP (for whatever reason). Some people think they are the best in the world by killing thousands of AI, that can't even shoot them back, because everything we use is so powerful. And I know I'm not alone in such thinking. Now, I know the solution for this might be very difficult, but here's what i think could help. Obviously, nerfing all the weapons and mods would be very very dumb move. Do not touch them! :P However, "buffing" enemies could help in this situation. Maybe add a lot more armor? A lot more health and shields? This might help. You can also add overheating system to weapons, so you'll have to either switch or use your melee more often. 'Cause let's be honest, we only use secondary when we ran out of ammo in our primary. :'D 

4K6P1C4.png

This is my opinion. 

Edited by TheHun7er
typo

Oh god not one of these guys again......

For God sakes man, why do you whine about it not being tough enough? We have one shot ballistas, several knockdown enemies, annoying health and energy drainers for just being near them, Nullifiers, sap ospreys, bursas, crazy cat ladies that ignore godmode, napalms, enemies that adapt to all forms of damage, and God help you if those stupid melee guys actually manage to hit you (there is a reason the scorpions and butchers are so easy to kill). You want a challenge? go do a sortie.

We may be "OP", but so is the grineer, corpus, infested, orokin, sentient......pretty much every faction.

Edited by CaterHowlett16

I disagree. I like my Warframes feeling like demigods who can take on an entire ship's worth of enemies by themselves. I like 'frames feeling agile, powerful, and badass- I think it's what makes this game feel so different from so many other shooters. And after almost three years of playing this game on and off, I don't know, maybe I'm just ignoring the specific builds that wipe the floor with everything, maybe it's because I don't bother maxing every mod or corrupted mod or putting half a dozen forma on everything... but there are still plenty of things that can mess me up if I'm careless.

I can't really blame people for min-maxing the hell out of their equipment though, given that it is either done out of a sense of progression, or to try and minimize the grind and farming in the game, which can be pretty horrid at times.

17 minutes ago, (PS4)Lord_Gremlin said:

Warframe is even better since you actually build towards your God mode and earn it.

Well, I liked it too in the past! But after playing over 980 hours, I've noticed how boring it is.

8 minutes ago, Mokunen said:

I disagree. I like my Warframes feeling like demigods who can take on an entire ship's worth of enemies by themselves. I like 'frames feeling agile, powerful, and badass- I think it's what makes this game feel so different from so many other shooters. And after almost three years of playing this game on and off, I don't know, maybe I'm just ignoring the specific builds that wipe the floor with everything, maybe it's because I don't bother maxing every mod or corrupted mod or putting half a dozen forma on everything... but there are still plenty of things that can mess me up if I'm careless.

I can't really blame people for min-maxing the hell out of their equipment though, given that it is either done out of a sense of progression, or to try and minimize the grind and farming in the game, which can be pretty horrid at times.

I have't wrote about Warframes, but weapons. I also like OP frames. :P

18 minutes ago, CaterHowlett16 said:

We may be "OP", but so is the grineer, corpus, infested, orokin, sentient......pretty much every faction.

No. I can not really see any fraction as "OP".

Edited by TheHun7er

14 minutes ago, TheHun7er said:

Obviously, nerfing all the weapons and mods would be very very dumb move. Do not touch them! :P However, "buffing" enemies could help in this situation. Maybe add a lot more armor? A lot more health and shields? This might help. You can also add overheating system to weapons [...]

So what would that solve? Things like Synoid Simulor and Tonkor would be required then and already sub-par weapons would be absolutely worthless. Believe it or not, there are people that don't have 50 forma on their guns with maxed out mods.

Veterans can make a Lato destroy everything, new players will struggle to keep up when enemies are even stronger, especially with bull :poop: enemies like Shock Eximi coming back.

If you feel the need to challenge yourself then do what you've already done, gimp yourself and put worthless or no mods on your guns, don't disrupt the feel of the game for other people because I do know many that like to be OP.

1 minute ago, Storchenbein said:

If you feel the need to challenge yourself then do what you've already done, gimp yourself and put worthless or no mods on your guns, don't disrupt the feel of the game for other people because I do know many that like to be OP.

Yeah, I think this is the best way to currently play this "end-game".

Those weapons are meant for sorties/trials and 40 minutes into survivals/endless missions and higher. They have a place and they are needed, because many who play Warframe enjoy the run up to see how far you can push into the enemy levels, the ceiling of weapons, the ceiling of the frame, and how well as of a team, or solo you can function under immense pressure with your modding knowledge. Because the enemy does get to that point and the swarms of energy drainers piling on gives the frantic need for CC weapons.

That is a selling point to many players. You're going to see these powerful mechanics abused in the lower planets in public matches. You might want to play with friends who share your own desires for fear on Appollodorus, or whatever node you're chugging through. I personally like the OP builds due to the real game underneath shooting things, the slot machine of trying to win at RNG. That takes multiple tries, and after awhile you grow weary and move on to a better payout in some other game when the current one is overly frustrating. I'm thankful for weapons like the Synoid Simulor and Tonkor, they help with the grind when playing solo, and they help with the run up to trying to get to your second chance at rotation C.

Just now, TheHun7er said:

I have't wrote about Warframes, but weapons. I also like OP frames. :P Next time read with understanding.

I'm talking about the general experience of the game, not about "warframes" specifically; both weapons and frames are an integral part of that experience. There was no need to call me out assuming I didn't read or understand what you said.

we're too op?? then so are the enemies too, considering that they can easily insta kill you, aka bombard, stuttering and get constantly hit without moving a finger to escape, final bosses of each planet, these can easily kill you with a single hit no matter how strong you are, the list is large, that's why we're suppose to be op, yet scalibity is still a big problem here, specially for those frames that are seriously weak to even use them, aka nyx, zephyr, banshee, etc..

31 minutes ago, TheHun7er said:

omething needs to be changed. Some people may like it to be OP (for whatever reason). Some people think they are the best in the world by killing thousands of AI, that can't even shoot them back, because everything we use is so powerful. And I know I'm not alone in such thinking. Now, I know the solution for this might be very difficult, but here's what i think could help. Obviously, nerfing all the weapons and mods would be very very dumb move. Do not touch them! :P However, "buffing" enemies could help in this situation. Maybe add a lot more armor? A lot more health and

you are using a frame that's giving the tonkor a buff and you are killing butchers...nice try I give this bait exactly what it deserves.

OP, I can understand you and I support you. But you cannot bring something like this up. As you can see PowerCreepJunkees with Godcomplexes are all over you. You will get nonsense like this postet over and over:

6 minutes ago, (PS4)FriendSharkey said:

Those weapons are meant for sorties/trials and 40 minutes into survivals/endless missions and higher. They have a place and they are needed, because many who play Warframe enjoy the run up to see how far you can push into the enemy levels, the ceiling of weapons, the ceiling of the frame, and how well as of a team, or solo you can function under immense pressure with your modding knowledge. Because the enemy does get to that point and the swarms of energy drainers piling on gives the frantic need for CC weapons.

Abandon this thread.

13 minutes ago, TheHun7er said:

Well, I liked it too in the past! But after playing over 980 hours, I've noticed how boring it is.

I have't wrote about Warframes, but weapons. I also like OP frames. :P

No. I can not really see any fraction as "OP".

Maybe you don't like being OP? I'm almost 2000 hours in. Game is fairly fun, just don't play endless modes too often. Those are boring. 

41 minutes ago, (PS4)Lord_Gremlin said:

I disagree, I love being OP. I loved playing Doom and One unit whole blood with God mode and infinite ammo.

Warframe is even better since you actually build towards your God mode and earn it.

jeremiah_johnson_nodding.gif

Hell yeah man..  

If I'm grinding a couple thousand hours, pumping over 10,000 cores into my mods, then I better melt everything when I sneeze.  XD

Edited by sushidubya

LOL one of these again. People use "2 gud" weapons to get up high and set milestones. Not everyone wants to go just to like 40 waves/minutes some like to go higher and meet even higher level enemies. I would like to see you use a braton after an hour in t4 survival. Enemies 1 shot just about everyone then. It takes skill to last that long not just using crap weapons and going 40 and calling it a challenge. 

I used to think the same way, that's why my favorite weapon is my Burston prime and not some ridiculously OP weapon. Even if I use those too for some content.

But...

The challenge in Warframe will never be about the killing part. I used to think something could change, but it won't. Instead, I tend to think that there are many other ways to implement a challenging gameplay. Multiple objectives (secondary mission objectives needed, the recent change of the sabotage missions), puzzles (like the Moon spy), boss mechanics that make you do something else than shooting straight (Razorback) for example. Those are the ways DE need to follow to add more challenge. It is, atm, still clumsy (Bursas AI for Razorback) or getting tedious too fast (Orokin Moon spy vaults).

Re balancing is an issue. Fact.
But we are not as OP as you think. It is easy to think you are OP in group, try soloing end game content and nightmare runs on Pluto/Eris. 
On a side note - I found it pretty fun that during the last quest, the statues were able to smack me hard, due to me acting like OP. I had to swap gear, and blast them - but it was amusing to push myself for 5 revives, before I got back to Ordis for the hek.