Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why do space cats hit me like space trucks?

chuckdm

I did several searches trying to see if anyone else has noted how insanely powerful the Kavats and their Grineer-bread cousins are, and I am a little surprised nobody has apparently made a topic about this.

So...why do Kavats hit like a truck?  I'm not kidding.  If I play Valkyr, Cold Chroma, or Atlas, fine, whatever.  But I do enjoy (and even prefer) playing frames that aren't super-tanky, and now, any mission where there are Kavats makes that basically suicide.  These little things down my Nova, Nyx, or Ivara in 2 hits.  If they were Drakks, it'd take 3 of them about 5 hits each.  Why is a single Kavat so freaking powerful?

So yes, I'm basically asking for a Kavat nerf.  I don't like to be this guy.  When it comes to Nullifiers, I say punch-thru but otherwise leave them alone.  When it comes to sapping ospreys, I say just jump the hell out of the way.  But these things are insanely OP and basically completely unavoidable.  We need a Kavat nerf.  Badly.  And immediately.  I cannot believe we've had 5 patches and still haven't seen this yet.

Edited by chuckdm
Spelling

Space dwelling death leopards...if I had musical talent, I'd say you gave me an awesome name for a music band that I was going to go start right now. But uh, yeah, I'm on console....and I'm thinking about trying to figure out a way to play warframe without being connected to the internet. Between this and shock eximus, I feel this growing feeling of dread in my stomach...it can't really get much worse unless they add viral eximi...why can't all this junk just get shoved into nightmare missions? It would really make them terrifying.

3 hours ago, chuckdm said:

I did several searches trying to see if anyone else has noted how insanely powerful the Kavats and their Grineer-bread cousins are, and I am a little surprised nobody has apparently made a topic about this.

So...why do Kavats hit like a truck?  I'm not kidding.  If I play Valkyr, Cold Chroma, or Atlas, fine, whatever.  But I do enjoy (and even prefer) playing frames that aren't super-tanky, and now, any mission where there are Kavats makes that basically suicide.  These little things down my Nova, Nyx, or Ivara in 2 hits.  If they were Drakks, it'd take 3 of them about 5 hits each.  Why is a single Kavat so freaking powerful?

So yes, I'm basically asking for a Kavat nerf.  I don't like to be this guy.  When it comes to Nullifiers, I say punch-thru but otherwise leave them alone.  When it comes to sapping ospreys, I say just jump the hell out of the way.  But these things are insanely OP and basically completely unavoidable.  We need a Kavat nerf.  Badly.  And immediately.  I cannot believe we've had 5 patches and still haven't seen this yet.

But medium to big cats are deadly. Maybe tone down their frequency of spawning, but they should be deadly in my book, at least a lot more deadly as any Kubrow ever could be. 

If the Grineer Kavat Master (whatever she's called) only summoned ONE Kavat EVER, then I'd be alright with that.  I could prioritize them just like I do Ballistas and survive more often than not.

Otherwise, no, they just need a damage nerf, period.

And why do they do 300+ damage, meanwhile even the heavy charge-up attack of the Drahks only do around 50?  Why are the cats that attack faster/more frequently than Drahks this much even more powerful than they are?

Not to mention their master's Ignis is only about 5,000,000 times more of a threat than the Drahk Master's Halikar.  But hey, I'm alright with that if I can afford to ignore the Kavat long enough to kill the master or vise-versa.

Right now if I ignore either for half a second, I'm dead.  And that's the problem.

14 minutes ago, Kiyusuke said:

They are like space trains. Heavy hitter. I play draco all the time and they really hurt. :(

I use stealth exterminate missions with Ivara for focus farming, so I only play Draco long enough to rank up new gear.  That said, that IS what made me come here to post this thread.

I first noticed the problem doing the new quest though.  The wild Kavats that spawn as part of the quest killed my ember prime 3 times and I had 14 health remaining and an active bleed proc when I extracted.

Needless to say, the Grineer Kavats on Draco, well trained and 10-15 levels higher, are neigh-impossible to withstand.  And unlike the quest, you HAVE to stand still while capturing the point, so you can't just run away from them.

Not to sound like a broken records, but they need a nerf.  Badly.  I would be fine with F-Minus's proposal, or just a straight up damage nerf, but they need a nerf.

And I'm only posting this because we have had 5 (or actually 6) patches/hotfixes and somehow DE hasn't figured this out on their own.  I cannot fathom why not.

1 hour ago, chuckdm said:

If the Grineer Kavat Master (whatever she's called) only summoned ONE Kavat EVER, then I'd be alright with that.  I could prioritize them just like I do Ballistas and survive more often than not.

Otherwise, no, they just need a damage nerf, period.

And why do they do 300+ damage, meanwhile even the heavy charge-up attack of the Drahks only do around 50?  Why are the cats that attack faster/more frequently than Drahks this much even more powerful than they are?

Not to mention their master's Ignis is only about 5,000,000 times more of a threat than the Drahk Master's Halikar.  But hey, I'm alright with that if I can afford to ignore the Kavat long enough to kill the master or vise-versa.

Right now if I ignore either for half a second, I'm dead.  And that's the problem.

I fully agree with the spawn/summon numbers.

As for damage, I think it's fine that cat-like creatures do a lot more as any dog-like creatures. A mountain lion/cougar/puma will be done with you before a wolf/jackal/dog eve notices you. So will most bobcats & lynxes whilst being half the size of a big dog. So if we go with real life examples, I'm fine cats being more ferocious and dangerous. 

1 hour ago, chuckdm said:

I use stealth exterminate missions with Ivara for focus farming, so I only play Draco long enough to rank up new gear.  That said, that IS what made me come here to post this thread.

I first noticed the problem doing the new quest though.  The wild Kavats that spawn as part of the quest killed my ember prime 3 times and I had 14 health remaining and an active bleed proc when I extracted.

Needless to say, the Grineer Kavats on Draco, well trained and 10-15 levels higher, are neigh-impossible to withstand.  And unlike the quest, you HAVE to stand still while capturing the point, so you can't just run away from them.

Not to sound like a broken records, but they need a nerf.  Badly.  I would be fine with F-Minus's proposal, or just a straight up damage nerf, but they need a nerf.

And I'm only posting this because we have had 5 (or actually 6) patches/hotfixes and somehow DE hasn't figured this out on their own.  I cannot fathom why not.

I agree with you 100% mate. Even if you move around they'll still catch up on you since they move pretty fast.  

I'm not entirely sure why but i do not find them nearly as problematic as everybody else in this topic does.

I went in as a rank 20 Nekros on Draco once (resource booster) and they weren't really the problem. Their master however #*($%%@ me repeatedly with her Ignis and the humongous amount of health she has, let alone for the fact that apparently she has Ferrite armour and as such my half ranked Radiation Spira had some trouble dealing significant damage...

The cats were just a minor bother - hit me some times here and there in the course of the 4 message run but never really got me.

I was playing with my Nezha in Lex Spy and really didn't care about them. Just put a bullet through their head and be dealt with it. True that they do a lot of damage but when did this game became to be about standing still may I ask?

I did get hit and lost the Warding Halo and half of my health but I still survived and Nezha has a way to get out of the bad situations. So I don't think Hyeakka are that bad.

Space felines on drugs.
God it smells like bad fan fiction. On the other hand, I am not trilled by units dropping other units and seeing them on Sorties. I am trilled, if you can make an Crazy Lady Cat army with Nyx (at one point I was able to do that with the dogs)?

I'm fine with their damage. but hp and armour need tone down to haft. There is no way a cat with "swift and deadly" theme has the same armour and hp as an "amoured" dog. That's just wrong. and being wrong is for DE.

Current kavat = Upgraded version of Kubrat.

Fun fact: 

10j0dv.jpg

Hotfix 18.5.2

Changes 

• Kavats have had their melee damage output halved. They will also no longer attack Defense targets or Excavators. 

Yes, kavats hit like trucks. But they're melee units after all. Infested Charger on lvl 40 also deal good amounts of damage already. 

But what i don't really get...

9 hours ago, chuckdm said:

Nova, Nyx, or Ivara in 2 hits.  If they were Drakks, it'd take 3 of them about 5 hits each.  Why is a single Kavat so freaking powerful?

Better question: Why are drahks so weak?

Also, how do you manage to lose against kavats as Nova, Nyx or Ivara? C'mon. Nova can slow them down and turn them to helpless little kitties. Nyx got absorb and chaos. Ivara is an archer, not a melee user. Also, she can turn them into sleep. Not you should fall asleep, the kavats should! You're a space ninja, use your agility!

Once again, melee units should deal more damage than ranged units. Ever got hit by a power fist? That hurts.