The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Full melee vs quick melee

Rapiddragon

Question

11 answers to this question

personally I prefer full melee, blocking varied combos, charge attacks, and even channeling can be good if your in a pinch. If you include a lifestrike mod in your build then you can even heal yourself, so over all I think there are more benefits for full melee than quick melee and I honestly think it should be that way.

I never use full melee  and it works just fine as long as you have shattering impact+ viral youre basically killing everything with a few hits no matter the armor level. use a crowd clearer like O. prime  and watch the kill amount jumps in the thousands.. you don't have to play in the meta either.

maiming strike will also give you a nice damage on slide attacks that will take down atleast 1/2 the armor combined with the fore mentioned setup. playing in quick melee also frees up syndicate proc to happen like suda or hexis on primaries or secondaries.

Edited by ranks21

for a lot of Weapon Archetypes, holding your Melee in your hands either accomplishes nothing in the long run or is a downgrade to your capability to Kill Enemies quickly.

but for others, they could actually have Animations available that are conducive to being effective in Melee Combat, rather than just randomly flailing your arms around and not actually hitting anything.

33 minutes ago, ranks21 said:

-snip-

you're really overselling the effectiveness of Shattering Impact. high Impact Damage (or higher Damage in general) also doesn't do much of anything for this Mod. 'strips more Armor with more Impact Damage' except Jat Kittag with +285% Impact Damage doesn't seem to strip Armor any faster than a Melee Weapon which only has a couple dozen points of Impact Damage.

best test of shattering impact to know how effective it is with viral is against oxium ospreys that are all armor<< once the viral takes hold the armor reduces to 0 in a few swings<< this enables me to do all sorts of builds and excludes mods like CP life strike and such other crutch mods that every other player over rates. If I was to go by paper stats then I would be stuck within the meta like all others that tends to build one particular way.

I have an all around build that will take me as far or further than any meta build spread across all my available offense with my sentinel spitting corrosive my melee doing viral my secondary doing radiation and my syn simulor replenishing and proccing energy with magnetic + radiation cold @ 4400 blast what that don't kill instantly will be slowed. having all the available armor and shield and health stripping within my  offense at my fingertips  makes my warframe the ultimate universal soldier with arcane trickery.

life strike qt+r and cp are just over kill in my hands and my aura has no polarity so I can pop anything in there  and if I need health due to how this game is with orbs I have mantis and health pads for emergency.

every man do his thing a little way different and like I said quick melee works just the same and I wont lose energy  while doing maximum carnage

here's another did you know<< dethcube's laser will fire in invisibility when an enemy is close<, includes shadow step, arcane trickery, loki and ash..

Edited by ranks21

combos at times will lock you in animation that at later stages will be high risk so a don't use them at all. they are mostly slow for the most part and limited in distance or area of effect.

quick melee though a bit lower on the dps side is more nimble and free and good to pop in and out or hit jump for a quick slam to knock enemies off their feet which you can do either and evasive action or a finisher. ive somewhat perfected melee in quick mode that its effortless and  its my primary offensive strategy as I rarely use guns.

melee has a lot of ways that you can go with and you truly don't need to settle on one.