Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Arcane Guardian or Arcane Ultimatum for Inaros?

Sir_Alex_Traffo

Question

I'd use Guardian and Grace.

With that amount of health, getting restored by %, you'll never die, so Armor will make you unstopable and easier to manage than doind finishers.

Edited by Endrance
Missed a hint

13 minutes ago, sniperbro-captian-PS said:

Both? I suggest : If you use his health -> energy alot (by rage ) use guardian  , if you melee alot and use his 1st a crap ton use ultimatum

Lol, I fit both cases, as I use a Rage build with PFlow but I also use mainly it's 1st so I definitely perform a finisher every 40 sec... 

3 minutes ago, Endrance said:

I'd use Guardian and Grace.

With that amount of health, getting restored by %, you'll never die.

As I said in the OP, I already have Grace on the helmet. ;) 

Ok, so if you use guardian . When you come in a though fight you use health less fast than that you HAVE to perform a finisher to get the same result. So my bets go on guardian even though you perform a finisher every 40 sec

Between the two I'd take Guardian.

They have the same effect, except Guardian will have the chance to activate on any moment of your gameplay, while Ultimatum will force you to be meleeing. I'd take the one that can always activate.

I'm gonna go against the other suggestions, and say Arcane Ultimatum is better.

Both at maxed, Guardian only has 20% chance to proc, while Ultimatum is 100% guranteed to proc, as long as you can perform one melee finisher.

Steel Fiber + Scarab Armor + Arcane Ultimatum will grant you armor more than enough to survive high-level enemies.

Oh sry, didn't noticed - definitely guardian, I have it too. It will activate when you need it - ie. when you are getting hit.

Also, put grace on your best syndana and use it on all your frames, it's the best arcane set and it is useful on all frames, unlike most others. Use guardian on helmet. 

11 minutes ago, ThorienKELL said:

Oh sry, didn't noticed - definitely guardian, I have it too. It will activate when you need it - ie. when you are getting hit.

Also, put grace on your best syndana and use it on all your frames, it's the best arcane set and it is useful on all frames, unlike most others. Use guardian on helmet. 

I already have Arcane Energize on the Syandana I use on all the other frames! :D

Interestingly, you find energize more useful then grace? O.O

Energy is nice bout you have the option for zenurik, equilibrium or high efficiency, but to get health back when you get hurt (+ potential armor if combined with guardian) takes your gamepley to whole new level imo. Energy is nice but staying alive is more important. 

Edited by ThorienKELL

27 minutes ago, ThorienKELL said:

Also, put grace on your best syndana and use it on all your frames, it's the best arcane set and it is useful on all frames, unlike most others.

I find arcane victory far better on squishy frame because you basically decide when you want to heal and it synergizes very well with shotguns and explosive weapons. If you use synoid simulor it's basically active all the time.

Edited by khydhy

Ultimatum is the easier to proc of the two while Guardian is more of the lazy choice. Ultimatum also has a longer duration of the two (double infact). So I am bound to say Ultimatum is the better option except for the fact that each Ultimatum sells for up to 5x the price of a guardian. Now if you have both sets then it's all dependant on your play style. You are not locked into playing mostly melee with ultimatum but you will have to keep an eye on it if you want to retain that boost.

Double Arcane Grace ftw.

Better chance of proccing, and the effects of the 2 arcanes stack giving you 8% health regen. 370 health regen a sec (with just vitality, or 420/sec with vigor) is just insane.

I'm using that atm, and loving it. Though it does make the game kind of a cheeze, since even 40min into a T3S, nothing can kill you.

5 minutes ago, ThorienKELL said:

Double arcane grace is imo unnecessary, since even with one you are becoming immortal. 

If that's true, Guardian and Ultimatum are equally unnecessary, since all they do is improve your armour.

I'd vote for double Grace as well.

Arcane Guardian or Arcane Ultimatum for Inaros?

So guys , double grace:

1. unnecessary

2. He already has grace equiped

3. Go guardian for tough situations ultimatum is only when performing a finisher and isn't a great option

In case of confusion, just try it out in simulacrum, since Arcane enhancements now also trigger there.

I don't have a Guardian set, otherwise I would test it for you, but I did test double grace.

1 lvl 110 corrupted heavy gunner could not kill me. Also tried with more of em, but that did not make much of a difference, since most of the time only 1 is shooting. Maybe enemy AI is different in simulacrum to real game.

I'd say Arcane Guardian on Inaros will not give you anywhere near the extra survivability that an extra Grace does, due to the stacking of Grace. And as to the unnecessary comment, we don't equip arcanes for starchart missions, but for higher lvl Void, Nightmare, Sortie missions. Extra survivability there is never unnecessary.

7 hours ago, AM-Bunny said:

If that's true, Guardian and Ultimatum are equally unnecessary, since all they do is improve your armour.

I'd vote for double Grace as well.

It is. I've tried to deliberately die in T3 S and i couldn't. Bombards, gunners shooting, nothing. Even batalysts couldn't damage me considerably in later missions. Was in sorties too. Zero danger. 

I vote against second grace because I'm feeling like I'm cheating even with one set. So why armor then? Well if your'e using your ult as CC, you are often without additional armor so this helps you in being additionally armored, when caught pants down. Yes, I've made all of mine tests with both sets, so only grace might not be 100% foolproof. probably is but still.

I will say that if you have both, go with the one that fits more your playstile, if you do finishers more or less frequently, go for ultimatun, otherwise guardian almost always procs 100% of the time vs small mobs.. To ultimatum to be worth you only need to do a finisher every 40 sec, with its a huge time frame.