The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Distilling Extractor work?

MestreDimaz

Question

7 answers to this question

Yes they do work, although the distilling extractors don't seem that much more likely to get rare resources as just more resources in general. I use normal extractors during the day since I can check them every 4 hours and the distilling extractors at night since they are 8h.

Yes, extractors can obtain any of a planet's resources, weighted towards the common ones.  For me, using Distilling extractors, each run seems to amount to the equivalent of four in-game drops of whatever resource it picks (i.e. 4 Orokin Cells from Saturn or 400-500 Polymer Bundles from Uranus).

The Distilling extractor has a "higher chance" to get rare resources, whatever that means.  But it takes twice as long to run, 8 hours versus the Titan extractor's 4 hours.  If you're looking for rare resources then I think it's mostly a question of how closely you want to babysit your extractors.  

But keep in mind it's never going to be more than a trickle.  I manage to get about two Distilling extractor runs per day on each of three planets, and I see a rare drop maybe once or twice a week at best.