The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

max 25 energy build

dodorichard

Question

13 answers to this question

I'm running it with minimal range, lots of duration Banshee(in additional to efficiency of course). Handspring is really useful to have vs scorpions + Vitality just in case.

Her silence is great for cc and lasts long. Small range allows running back and forth to keep stunning enemies.

You can also use her Savage Silence mod if your melee doesn't deal good damage, just use those melees that have fast finishers like daggers and swords(broken war, dakra).

If you prefer to use those frames that drain energy like Valkyr, Excal, Wukong then it would be a good idea to recruit Despoil Nekros in your team and tell him to hide somewhere and keep desecrating (with Skana/Dual Cleaver/Jaw sword augmented mods he pretty much won't be needing to pick up any health orbs)

Edited by (PS4)iBoiz

I tried out using Excal's 4 using max Efficiency with a bit of duration, and despite being ridiculously energy-efficient for how much raw power it provides, it still didn't go too well.

Even if the energy drain is nice and slow, your energy regain is entirely dependent on whether enemies want to drop orbs or not-- and considering how most of the run is spent fighting a moderate number of tanky enemies (instead of gigantic hordes of weaklings that each have their own drop chance), it was disturbingly common for me to swing my sword and kill stuff for almost a minute straight and not get a single energy drop. Still beat the run, but had to use more pancakes than I'd have liked.

The build that I go with for the alert is pretty much just health + armor + max efficiency + Rage (so you aren't completely helpless if you happen to get hit while at low energy) + Energy Siphon (so you can still cast stuff every now and then if enemies don't feel like dropping orbs), plus some sort of mobile melee weapon with Body Count and Blood Rush.

I used Excal + Orthos Prime and the runs went pretty smoothly. Although, the Finishers were super-weak (since they don't scale from crit mods or combo counter for some horrible reason) so I had to keep my distance while spamming normal attacks against blinded enemies to kill them quickly.

EDIT:

It's probably worth noting, if you've capped your Efficiency, then adding extra Duration won't make your channeled abilities' energy drain decrease any more. The minimum energy-per-second cost is 25% of the base cost (so, 0.625 energy per second for EB), after taking both Efficiency and Duration into account. So a 175% Efficiency, 100% Duration will have the exact same cost per second as 175% Efficiency, 9999% Duration.

Edited by SortaRandom

If you really want to use exalted blade, then do as suggested: Max Power efficiency, high duration.

Personally I suggest to get a frame with high armor & health (valkyr, inaros, atlas) and mod them for health armor and probably lower status duration. Rage can also be very very useful. When you can't use abilities a lot, go for survivability.

9 minutes ago, dodorichard said:

I have Energy Siphon equipped, should help with energy regain but little else.

Wish I made Redeemer now

I feel like that's not the best weapon to use in this mission. Sure, it hits like a truck against single targets, but it's slow, somewhat immobile, and letting yourself get surrounded while using it is a death sentence. Kinda like using a bow against Infested, except this time two thirds of the Infested can CC you from a distance.

31 minutes ago, SortaRandom said:

It's probably worth noting, if you've capped your Efficiency, then adding extra Duration won't make your channeled abilities' energy drain decrease any more. The minimum energy-per-second cost is 25% of the base cost (so, 0.625 energy per second for EB), after taking both Efficiency and Duration into account. So a 175% Efficiency, 100% Duration will have the exact same cost per second as 175% Efficiency, 9999% Duration.

if related to me:
i only noted Duration to make sure Players remember that they have other Abilities that are useful that they want Duration on.
because i'd be pretty :| if i saw an Excalibro with like, 12.5% Duration, since the end result would be 'wtf why am i dying constantly'.

I didn't bother changing anything from my usual extermination Valkyr build.

Ran with heavy armor Valkyr (duh) and the Prisma Cleavers. Cleavers had life strike. The rest should be fairly obvious.

No problem with the event and only used energy to ripline about a bit when getting out of scrums and channeling lifestrike.

When the only tool you have is a cleaver, then everything looks like meat--and that's pretty much all the grineer were.