The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Advice for keeping sanity during survival?

CasualDragon6

Question

So, after a two week long break, I'm finally planning to start farming for the Saryn P chassis once more. Now, after 24 C rotations I started to feel a little "off", mild headaches, figures in the corner of my eye, and soft whispers in the back of my head. Now that my head's cleared up, what's some advice to keep myself from being on the verge of insanity once more? In other words, how can I make the grind feel less tiring? I'm aware of the ancient tactic of putting on some music or a podcast, I've also of not going into it with a certain reward in mind despite how I have no use or interest in anything else on it's drop table, nor do I have any desire in spending 100+:platinum: on a single part. So other han these, what's something to keep in mind while I'm at Grind-con 2016?

8 answers to this question

Music is a good idea.

You should also just consider taking a break occasionally from just grinding that specific mission for that specific part.  I've found that, regardless of what the numbers are, when I'm actively looking for a specific part I'll get anything but that part.  Just realize that, eventually, you'll either get it or the price will drop (it always does after the first month or two when a new prime releases) to a feasible level and stop trying so hard for it and let it happen naturally.

Edited by (PS4)horridhal

music usually gets me through all but the longest of missions...in which case drum up conversation with your squaddies...theyre likely just as mind numbed as you are and will likely be more than happy to joke around if things arent over intense. human interaction does wonders for the psyche...and you might even make a friend or two!

Music and talking with people are good.

changing up how you play can help as well. use some strange Equipment (something that's strange to you). using it for Killing that many Enemies, you'll probably find some new Equipment that you like, or hate.
but it'll definitely be different. and that'll help you not fall asleep or something.

I had the same trouble you went through. I simply put on my playlist and got lost in my thoughts, all while simultaneously voice-chatting with a clan mate. On the other hand, you can try and not burn yourself out by taking extensive breaks.

My advice: Stop. You don't need that shiny thing you are chasing after. In the 24 C rotations you claim to have done- you DEFINITELY have gotten parts worth at least 200 platinum- much more than you need to buy it anyways. Pushing yourself to the point where you have headaches over a game is a straight up bad idea. If you absolutely insist on getting this thing through grind rather than patience in trade chat- then at least don't push yourself for super long runs and take frequent, long breaks as needed. I still personally recommend not stressing about it. Run a survival when you feel like it every once in a while and you'll get it some day. The thing that matters most when playing a game is having fun.