Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Thoughts on The Division?

TheErebus.

38 minutes ago, TheErebus. said:

So I'm looking for a game to get into that'll last a while. Seeing as how the Division came out, I wanna know how it is for those who've played it.

Is it terribad, mediocre or awesomesauce?

If you like cover-based-shooting, bullet sponge enemies, player collision in an MMO, and fighting the exact same enemies, then you should buy it.

8 hours ago, TheErebus. said:

So I'm looking for a game to get into that'll last a while. Seeing as how the Division came out, I wanna know how it is for those who've played it.

It like Destiny, but in third person. The story is just their to drive game along. The story missions are mostly rinse and repeat, just carrying, defending or just out right exterminating. The main mechanic of the game is mostly rng and loot system. The ability tree is meh, the perks make it better and weapon customization is actually pretty good. The endgame is just doing a maxed level raid with 8 people and that what it really going with. Basically, Destiny...

2 hours ago, xxcib21xx said:

Triple A Dayz MMO by ubisoft.
That should sound bad on it's own.
36a90d6448.jpg

If you look at the reviews now it jumped from mixed to mostly positive. You don't trust that ever.

As a person that read the "reviews" when it first came out it was only due to day one server bullcrap

13 hours ago, xxcib21xx said:

Triple A Dayz MMO by ubisoft.
That should sound bad on it's own.
36a90d6448.jpg

If you look at the reviews now it jumped from mixed to mostly positive. You don't trust that ever.

Yeah, instead you READ THEM.

If you look at the reviews and see mixed/negative (moreso mixed) it's common practice to have a little look because 9/10 it is people who just write a review either after a) barely playing it for a suitable amount of time (no 30 minutes isn't really enough) or most frequently these days b) have barely played and whine about how they can't run or play it. Connection/performance issues are annoying but that doesn't really justify an immediately poor review. AK was a shockingly shabby release but it's a decent game, getting past how Batmobile oriented it is. Now it's stuck with negative reviews but in a way, it's a lesson for WB/Rocksteady. I'd say with The Division it's clear the true reviews are finally getting through opposed to the initial flak.

Also DayZ is a lot more punishing than The Division, tenfold. That comparison is very poor and certainly does not do it justice. Plus just because it's Ubisoft it doesn't mean it's immediately terrible either.

On 12/03/2016 at 1:23 PM, TheErebus. said:

It's not terribad but not awesomesauce. I'd place it quite after mediocre but definitely not close to awesomesauce, unfortunately.

Back to TD - that is what most of the reviews are, people complaining about server issues. Apart from that it I've been enjoying it and it's nice to explore and get a feel for the atmosphere. However, I'm not liking how bullet spongey the enemies can be especially if they have armour and how seriously hard hitting their weapons really can be. I do wish there were more weapons as well and the graphics were closer to what we were shown oh so long ago. I think it needs more but it's still decent, just wish it was going to receive updates like WF to make it much better. One could say they've spent considerable time paying attention to small details - which again is appealing - but the gameplay is slightly lacking in compensation. Also the UI is really bothersome and clunky, mainly when trying to organize your inventory/stash such as weapons, mods and clothing. Seriously. Clunky. Whoeever thought it was suitable for those past the early game stages needs to be fired.

People have complained about the AI supposedly being dumb but I've found it interesting. While it's basic it's nice to have it so when you focus on one enemy or enemies, any other spare ones nearby actually try to go around you, behind you and catch you off guard. Not always taking the most obvious and direct route either like a ladder you're next to. It does require you to be a little bit more alert than most shooters as it's not a typical 'oh I forgot about this dude' or 'I've moved' and he's been sitting there waiting, they actually make attempts to distract and then get around you.

Also, when it comes to the DZ the latency issues can screw you over, especially if you're dealing with a rogue. In regards to rogue agents, they can also be annoying if they happen to be in a group. Some generally also wait for people to extract their loot and gun everyone down, so you either risk extracting ASAP (had a moment where I'd attached my loot but despite that, I died and I lost everything) or you risk getting shot by AI later on or by rogues who hunt you down. In the end DZ's safer in groups, naturally, and a pure gamble with randoms. However, you cannot beat that feeling when you reclaim your loot, you hunt down a rogue with others or that someone attacks you but randoms chip in and help you out.

Edited by Naith