The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Azima - Crit build or Full Elemental?

Ryouhi

Question

7 answers to this question

I put a puncture+crit  build and utilizes hydraulic crosshair and sharpened bullets and gas proc just for lels and it performed way better than a slash build using the same mods go figure. level 120 corrupted heavy gunner in the void doing massive headshots in burst fire.

Most people would go full elemental based on 10% crit. But in reality, 10% crit is actually enough for a crit build if the firerate is high enough and if you have the prime crit mods. It definitely deals higher damage, but it's just a bit riskier.

Using the Primed Crit mods most secondaries do more damage overall using a crit build than a full elemental build.

The damage loss on those that don't benefit is insignificant.

If this hasn't been adequately answered by the time I'm home I'll work out the actual damage difference for crit and full elemental. 

1 hour ago, DeMonkey said:

If this hasn't been adequately answered by the time I'm home I'll work out the actual damage difference for crit and full elemental. 

Using the 3 mandatory mods, 3 90%'s, Primed Heated Charge and a 60% dual stat mod you get 14.4k DPS.

Using the 3 mandatory mods, 2 90's, Primed Heated Charge and the 2 Primed crit mods you get 18.8k DPS.

I don't know what Primed mods you have Ryouhi, but crit is better.