The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

which frame next?

(PSN)XxAstroKiddxX

Question

Well I've almost maxed my rhino out, which means it's time for a new frame. I'm not really sure what I should go with next though. So I just kinda wanted to get some opinions on what I should possibly go with, and maybe get some insight on each frames playstyle. Currently I'm looking at either Oberon or Wukong. Both seem pretty cool and I'll probably end up getting both eventually, but which should I work towards first? Which do you prefer and would recommend?

17 answers to this question

Oberon isn't exactly a frame you "work towards" you just kinda get him while doing other things. I have over a hundred by now I'm sure. That being said and I know this is just me, but personally I found Wukong to be outright painful to play as. As to why I just found his abilities to be very very very underwhelming. Honestly I'd suggest you look into a third option.

Oh, just FYI Oberon is pretty awesome. His carpet's a bit meh, but his 1, 3, and 4 are all great!

I'd reccomend getting frame for missions u like to do. Frost/defense, ember/ash extimanate,survival Loki/ivara stealth. Or simply trinity/equinox/nekros cause you like to help people. IMO it really boils down to how you want to play your game. If u are past MR5 get chroma #ChromaMasterRace XD

I appreciate the quick responses and helpful feedback. I think I'm gonna go with Oberon for the moment, at least until I can work my way up to nezha. Volt was my favorite frame that I've used so far, and nezha kinda appears to have a somewhat similar play style, so that's what I'm really working towards.

Depends on what you look for in a frame. Do you wanna be a good addiction to your squad? Go for CC frames. Ranged gameplay? Pick one that has a kit that supports it. Same for melee. A tank to life trough your games? Valkyr or chroma

I enjoy melee so i can recommend saryn. Her spores build a synergy with toxic lash, which scales off your melee. She tends to be squishy tho and operates in melee range so it's kinda unfavorable to approach her without finishing the second dream and going for naramon...

Mirage is THE go to frame for gunplay and CC.

If you liked Loki, but want someone that's deadlier with better survivability, You should try to get an Ash. not much in the way of group support, but good for spy rooms, not nearly as fragile as Loki and VERY deadly.

Normally I wouldn't suggest him for a newer player as he's usually too big of a pain to farm for; the enemy that drops his part BPs (Grenier Maniacs) only show up in high level missions, and even then infrequently, but luckily, the last mission of the current Tactical Ops event spawns them like crazy, you could probably get all the BPs in two or three runs.

If you liked playing Rhino then go farm Rhino Prime. For some reason I like my action up close and in your face, so Rhino Prime is great for that. I have been playing him almost exclusively this whole double resources weekend and love doing his stomp to destroy the map during survival missions.

1 hour ago, dodorichard said:

If you liked playing Rhino then go farm Rhino Prime. For some reason I like my action up close and in your face, so Rhino Prime is great for that. I have been playing him almost exclusively this whole double resources weekend and love doing his stomp to destroy the map during survival missions.

Rhino Prime has been vaulted, you can't farm for it at the moment.

Though, if you want a more support-y tank frame, Frost is almost as durable, and Snow Globe will make you a lot of friends in defense and excavation missions.

I'd say that you can't go wrong with Oberon as a nice solid frame. He's Second Ability is a bit iffy imo, but his other three are very good. Maxed out, he has high health (think mines about 700 atm, and that's without a maxed Vitality) His first ability is very good at killing. His third is a quick heal (as far as I can tell, this has no range limit) and he also dabbles in CC with his fourth ability (which absolutely wrecks) He was my second frame, and i am beyond impressed with him

in fact, out of the Frames that have no Primes ATM, I think Oberon deserves a Primed Version...but that's just me

Also, Mirage is a very good CC Frame if your into that (most of my Frames are actually CC atm..save for Loki Prime, think I need to change that soon >,>)

at the end of the day, just go for whichever you think you'd like. Worse case? Max out the Frame then sell it.

Between those two, definitely Oberon. He's more versatile i think. I mean i got my Wukong a couple weeks ago and still dont have him maxed out. I guess he just isnt my playstyle. I can say I have seen some amazing Oberons though.

13 hours ago, Foefaller said:

Rhino Prime has been vaulted, you can't farm for it at the moment.

Though, if you want a more support-y tank frame, Frost is almost as durable, and Snow Globe will make you a lot of friends in defense and excavation missions.

Frost is another frame I'd love to get my hands on. I have his bp, just none of his parts -.- lol.