The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Excalibur Build?

SatelliteStrike

Question

So I guess in the end I keep returning to this guy. I like his Exalted Blade a lot. But I don't seem to do as much damage/kill stuff as fast as people on youtube do. I have decent Nikana Prime, and this is the build I run with http://warframe-builder.com/Warframes/Builder/Excalibur/t_30_0403020020_2-1-8-3-8-5-5-2-5-6-4-5-7-3-5-14-0-5-16-9-5-19-6-7-411-5-8-524-7-3_14-9-2-5-5-9-7-5-6-11-411-7-19-11-524-9-3-18-16-11_0/en/1-0-5

Is it my builds fault? Basically I need 4/5 waves do kill a orokin bombard (level 30-35) but I see people taking him down in 1 or 2 blows. Is something wrong with me or maybe I need something else?

3 minutes ago, bad4youLT said:

your build isint bad , I personaly would replace steel fiber whit riderection or rage for extra protection or energy restoring , can you show us your melle build ? 

Sure.Due to lack of cores, for now my melee is this http://warframe-builder.com/Melee_Weapons/Builder/Nikana_Prime/t_30_240000002_226-4-4-228-7-3-239-3-3-241-5-3-244-0-5-247-2-5-251-6-3-321-1-3-364-8-3_244-5-321-4-247-9-239-7-226-8-241-9-251-9-228-5-364-10/en/4-0-99

Radiant Finish isn't worth it. Last time i checked (could be wrong now) it would only affect melee finishers, not the additional damage you deal while they are blinded.

With that slot open, you can add Fleeting Expertise and reduce your cost to 0.63/sec. With that low cost you no longer need Streamline.

Get power Drift for extra 15% Damage.

Then you need to worry about your melee, since Exalted blade scales from Melee mods, so you need the right ones for the job.

Pressure point

Spoiled Strike

Fury/Berserker (only one imo, Berzerker procs nice with the amount of waves)

Shocking Touch

Fever Strike (makes corrosive)

North Wind

Molten Impact (makes Blast)

Life Strike (or Fury/berzerker if you wish)

If using Berzerker, you might want to also use True Steel for extra crit chance. It is worth it.

Don't use Blood Rush, Body Count or Weeping Wounds, it does not stack with exalted blade.

1 minute ago, SatelliteStrike said:

I see 3 problem whit melle .

1: organ shatter , EB doesnt have enough crit chance to make this mod vayable , sure crits will proc more and berseker will aid , but you lose raw damage , a lot , atleast in my case .

2: Jadged edge : EB damage is ( puncture / slash / impact ) set equally , meaning what extra elemental mod will add more damage when mods who increase puncture / slash / impact .

3: Some of your mods arent maxed .

40 minutes ago, SatelliteStrike said:

So I guess in the end I keep returning to this guy. I like his Exalted Blade a lot. But I don't seem to do as much damage/kill stuff as fast as people on youtube do. I have decent Nikana Prime, and this is the build I run with http://warframe-builder.com/Warframes/Builder/Excalibur/t_30_0403020020_2-1-8-3-8-5-5-2-5-6-4-5-7-3-5-14-0-5-16-9-5-19-6-7-411-5-8-524-7-3_14-9-2-5-5-9-7-5-6-11-411-7-19-11-524-9-3-18-16-11_0/en/1-0-5

Is it my builds fault? Basically I need 4/5 waves do kill a orokin bombard (level 30-35) but I see people taking him down in 1 or 2 blows. Is something wrong with me or maybe I need something else?

The greater question would be, What are u building your EXCAL for? Off of what you posted in your question that u want an EB Build. For a extremely powerful EB build u must put aside health, duration and anything that is not necessarily going to directly improve your EB. This is one I threw together not one i necessarily run all the time but one I have used and works very effectively.

http://warframe-builder.com/Warframes/Builder/Excalibur/t_30_3323020200_4-1-5-5-4-5-6-2-5-7-3-5-12-7-7-34-8-5-55-0-5-256-6-3-411-5-10-612-9-5_55-6-4-5-6-6-7-5-5-9-411-8-256-9-12-7-34-7-612-9_0/en/1-0-5

megamind-gif-o.gif

1 hour ago, MasterMegaMind said:

The greater question would be, What are u building your EXCAL for? Off of what you posted in your question that u want an EB Build. For a extremely powerful EB build u must put aside health, duration and anything that is not necessarily going to directly improve your EB. This is one I threw together not one i necessarily run all the time but one I have used and works very effectively.

http://warframe-builder.com/Warframes/Builder/Excalibur/t_30_3323020200_4-1-5-5-4-5-6-2-5-7-3-5-12-7-7-34-8-5-55-0-5-256-6-3-411-5-10-612-9-5_55-6-4-5-6-6-7-5-5-9-411-8-256-9-12-7-34-7-612-9_0/en/1-0-5

Sorry, but duration now works on Exalted Blade. Fleeting Expertise makes your channeled cost much higher (Duration>Efficiency on EB). While it does help out for casting RB I would still go for something else.

Lol yeah, 10 energy a second! I don't think he's played that build since they changed the toggle abilities. 

Anyway, to the OP, you're on the right track. I'd drop Flow for Fleeing Expertise and Radiant Finish for Rage. Rage in important because you are going to be taking damage and that will keep your energy full. Definitely keep steel fiber, you need the mitigation. I'd also drop rush for Handspring. I wish I could fit Rush on here but Handspring is so good and needed for this build that it's important that you be able to get up as quickly as possible. 

Here is my build for reference http://goo.gl/Ov3RC2

For the weapon, what the others have said is basically my advice too. If you have another Life strike use an unranked one instead because 5% is more than enough to heal you in with EB's damage. Go for 4 elements, spoiled strike, Berserker and of course pressure point and you will be set

39 minutes ago, (PS4)CoolD2108 said:

Do you blind stuff bf attacking? Do you use naramon?

You get a 4x multiplier for stealth on your innitial attack.

You shouldn't need to blind level 30-35 guys in order to one or two shot them with EB 

Regarding your melee build:

- For the love of god, max out your mods, man!

- For the love of god, DON'T max out your Life Strike, man! (Seriously, though. Maxing out Life Strike causes each individual swing to drain an absolute crapton of energy, whereas an unranked Life Strike should be able to replenish your Health pretty much just as easily. Most people go with unranked or R1 for Life Strike.)

- Take off Jagged Edge. Even if the Nikana has a high Slash ratio, Exalted Blade doesn't-- meaning that even a maxed-out Jagged Edge or Buzz Kill will contribute very little to EB's damage.

- Either replace Organ Shatter with an element for a raw-damage build (for stronger Finishers and more consistent damage), or replace an element with True Steel for more consistent crits (and, therefore, more consistent Berserker stacks). Do not leave Organ Shatter alone in the build-- even if WFbuilder says that it technically increases your DPS (which isn't actually the case with Exalted Blade, as it only has a 15% crit chance, not the 20% that Nikana Prime has), it'll mean that you'll do weak attacks on your non-crit swings, and super-strong (read: overkill) damage on your crits. It's a complete waste, considering how few enemies will actually need that full crit damage to kill them.

For my EB build, I personally get the best of both worlds by leaving on True Steel but having Organ Shatter replaced with an elemental. The DPS is a tiny bit lower, but non-critical hits and Finishers deal noticeably more damage than they would have otherwise, which is really nice.

That aside, your build looks good. Keeping Fury on is actually a pretty good idea that I've never considered before; it lets you create curtains of waves more easily, it speeds up Finisher animations, and it gives more DPS. I'll definitely have to give it a try later today; it sounds pretty fun.

Edited by SortaRandom

Let me share my excal build with you:

Warframe0088_zpsrtsjpsgv.jpg

20160314195733_1_zpso8wf6vhr.jpg

This is my melee:

Warframe0087_zpsxpo6bvtd.jpg

I've chosen the Dakra Prime but it doesn't matter which weapon you chose. What can you expect from this build?

Spoiler

20160314194404_1_zpsymtxexyu.jpg

20160314194406_1_zps65khlwxy.jpg

20160314194405_1_zpsyauulatw.jpg

20160314194408_1_zpsb5lekkud.jpg

You can probably move power drift to the exhilus slot and put on something like a stretch or radiant finish. I have also been told that corrosive projection is better but I am happy with that build. Shreds through level 135 heavy gunners like they are made of paper.

Edited by S0V3REiGN

On March 14, 2016 at 2:39 PM, Silanaus said:

Sorry, but duration now works on Exalted Blade. Fleeting Expertise makes your channeled cost much higher (Duration>Efficiency on EB). While it does help out for casting RB I would still go for something else.

It was a base build, something I threw together for an idea..and yes..the build is quite old.

Flow = wasted mod slot 

Also I don't think your weapon is optimized, EB doesn't have enough crit hit to make it worthwhile . I think  You are better off with 2x elements instead. 

Edited by Acebaur

Flow is fantastic, right where it is. Though you may be right about the weapon, I'm still playing with that.

I've actually been having alot of fun with corrosive/blast with the 60/60 corrupted mods, blast waves = decent CC . xD

Edited by Voidforged

I main excalibur, this is HOW I BUILD EXCA 

Warframe -> Duration Eff  [Aura : steel charge] [Exilus : handspring/powerdrift / rush]

Melee ->  Dragon nikana : Pressure, life strike r0  , beserker, spoiled strike, organ shatter, 3 elements

RIfle -> choices are yours

School: Naramon passive build (crit passive and invi passive) 

Arcanes : Strike, phantasm or if u don't want phantasm and you got plenty of plats. you should add arc fury

Edited by TyrannosauRayz_13th
Added arcanes

On 3/14/2016 at 1:05 AM, SatelliteStrike said:

Remove radiant finish and rush, put fleeting experties. if you have prime conti , remove normal conti so that ur duration will balance. And if you see the details it will costs u 1 energy per second. In your exilus, put handspring or powerdrift

PS: you can't 1 hit bombard just using exalted blade (except if u blind em) 

1 hour ago, Voidforged said:

Flow is fantastic, right where it is. Though you may be right about the weapon, I'm still playing with that.

I've actually been having alot of fun with corrosive/blast with the 60/60 corrupted mods, blast waves = decent CC . xD

It's a crutch and you don't need it. You are significantly better off with efficiency instead of more energy. Efficiency will always be better than more energy because you don't always have the luxury of having a giant full energy pool. Sorties frequently have energy reduction and we just had an alert with 25 energy max. Plus there are things like magnetic procs which drain your energy and your other abilities which cost much less with better efficiency. Fleeting cuts your EB cost in half and makes one of your vital skills, Radial Blind be only 12 energy. 

I don't run flow on Excal and I never have energy problems, even having EB on the entire mission. Try it, trust me you don't need Flow. 

8 hours ago, Voidforged said:

Alright, I'll give it a decent run. Drops me down to 75% duration though, needing a R4 Fleeting to reach 75% efficiency. 

Yeah it does, but RB is still 11 seconds long which is plenty to kill everything around you :D

Just now, (XB1)freakytiki3 said:

this poor guy is getting way to much opinionated information. OP i wish you luck

Feel free to contribute.

Just now, Acebaur said:

Yeah it does, but RB is still 11 seconds long which is plenty to kill everything around you :D

Yeah. Blind is fine. Haven't run anything big yet to see how the energy pool effects me, sorties weren't really suitable. It seems to be holding up in the simulacrum though.

I'm afraid that with a negative duration and low energy pool, EB's drain will prove overpowering.

Edited by Voidforged

The only advice i've seen that i'm questioning is saying to use corrosive projection over steel charge in the aura slot. Does someone have the maths on why it's better?

I could have sworn i saw some math awhile ago on it and steel charge took the lead by a significant %.

Depends what kind of content you tend to run and who you're running it with I suppose.

Steel Charge gives you a flat 60% melee damage boost, but does not scale.

Corrosive Projection removes 30% of enemy armor, which scales indefinitely. It also benefits the entire team, even if no one else is going melee. 

It's also important to note that Steel Charge, when matched with its Madurai polarity will grant 4 more capacity than Corrosive Projection and its matched Naramon polarity. Potentially saving you from spending additional forma.

Each suits a different play style, but both are viable options.

For lategame; 4x SC will eventually fall off, 4x CP will not. 

Edited by Voidforged