The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is MR11's new test a tad bit too hard?

ArchangelusAlpharius

Question

I just can't seem to do it. No matter how many videos I repeat, or however many times in Simaris I try, it just doesn't work.

Especially problematic, is now you can fall off the platforms very easily, turning it from a run and gun test into a jump puzzle with a time limit.

And then theres the issue of even after you come out of the infinite pit, the chances of getting into the infinite slide loop are pretty high.

I'm all for mastery tests being challenging...but honestly, at my age, my reflexes simply can't compensate as quickly for mess ups.

I don't want to be stuck at Mastery 10 for months...embarrassing and counterproductive to enjoying a game...the test tells you to shoot under pressure, but honestly, if you misplace even a single jump, nothing matters anymore.

Did I mention it is single try?

I just tried it and, if I got the right one, it wasn't that hard.  I managed it while drunk and half asleep.  Is it the one where you have to shoot red orbs and jump from platform to platform then navigate a maze?  If that's right then it's easier than it used to be.  Those orbs used to be smaller and white instead of vibrant red and the maze didn't have arrows on the floor to tell you which way to go.  Maybe you need a bullet jump speed boosting mod to help you with the jumps.  Ignis can also help when it comes to making sure you hit the orbs, especially if you add range and width to it.

It's a bit of a timing issue, but you could try using ground slam (looking down and using melee while in air). This way, you will definitely not roll / slide after landing. Will cost you a second to recover from the slam, but it's better than rolling off the ledge.

50 minutes ago, ArchangelusAlpharius said:

They changed the test, read the OP and the p-oh you are console. 

The problem is, at this point the effort isn't little, and frustration is growing rapidly. I have tried every frame in my arsenal, used the Soma P, Boltor P, Ignis, Scattered Justice Hek, Kohm, etc, but loadout is not the issue. The problems are doing the jumps, sliding off, and getting stuck in the loop where you respawn while sliding off. 

u dont have to slide. if du dont want to slide use melee attack to stop the jump

Honestly, the test isn't hard, not to mention you can still melee the orbs.

It takes time and don't try and shoot every orb, I completed it on the first try.

However I can see this as quite hard for rank 10 players if they are streamlining the previous tests, it's like a change of pace.

You need to learn how to get such reflexes...misplacing a single jump is something I don't agree with, I had plenty of time to get back up, not to mention I fell three times, and used bullet jump to go back up.

Edited by Magnulast
GRAMMAR

3 hours ago, ArchangelusAlpharius said:

My main problems are ending up in a falling loop, where I continuously slide into the pit, aiming the bullet jump without flying off somewhere else, and old age.

And there is also the problem with sliding off platforms after landing on them perfectly.

Are you perchance using nezha

Worst case scenario - I think you can still cheese it with Zephyr or skip a good part of it with Nova. 

If not - just pick a light, fast frame (think Loki with Rush and other sprint mods) and either a hitscan gun with a large clip (Soma comes to mind) or a gun with forgiving aiming (Ignis with Sinister Reach and Heavy Caliber will do nicely) and practice until you can do it blindfolded. I take it you're not using a controller to play this particular test favors mouse more. 

Edited by [DE]Danielle

i'm having a problem with passing this test also, but I'm not much for bullet jumping, and I'm not in a big rush to reach high MRs, so lack of motivation may be an issue.  

this test, along with many other MR tests seem to be oddly disconnected from anything that is important in regular play.  the test objectives are not even close to similar to any mission objectives.  i usually just slop through the tests and tolerate them, and I'm sure I'll do the same with this one eventually.  

thanks for the loki tip, btw, i may try that 

3 hours ago, (PS4)AnimeReaper40 said:

Use loki max range with decoy,switch teleport thats how i passed it about a month ago

They changed the test, read the OP and the p-oh you are console. 

2 hours ago, ThorienKELL said:

I don't get it people: you have the simaris practice ground. Just practice it two three times, or then times, or twenty if need be till you can do it blindfolded. Pick right tools, weapons, frame. It can be done, just little effort. 

The problem is, at this point the effort isn't little, and frustration is growing rapidly. I have tried every frame in my arsenal, used the Soma P, Boltor P, Ignis, Scattered Justice Hek, Kohm, etc, but loadout is not the issue. The problems are doing the jumps, sliding off, and getting stuck in the loop where you respawn while sliding off. 

Add onto the fact that one week earlier, I could have just pressed 1+3 and I'd be trying out the sancti tigris after a few more days farming void and having FUN. 

Edited by ArchangelusAlpharius

I hate to say this, but if you can't pass the MR 11 test, then you don't deserve to be MR 11. As long as you have a good hitscan weapon (You can just buy a branton on the market if you don't), and have even the vaguest grasp on how to utilize parkour 2.0 (knowing how to bullet jump and aimglide), it's trivial. I fail to see how anybody with these two things could fail the MR 11 test more than once, and complain about it when you can practice ad infinitum with simaris's practice tests.

Lol completely expected everyone saying its easy and i did it first try! Woo good for you, he's asking for help.

Keep on doing the trial at sim to get good at it. Don't pressure yourself in hitting every orb and following the course exactly. There are certain walls you can actually bullet jump over and skip decent portions to speed it up a bit. I'm not 100% on the changes though, its been while since i've tried it. Another good pointer mentioned is the ground slam trick to stop momentum. Dont forget if you're close to a wall in the air and hold the aim button you'll grab the wall and stop, and some frames abilities stop momentum in the air completely.

On the frame level, zephyr gains extra air time on jumps and jumps a bit higher if that's the part you're having trouble with. Alot of her abilities will make some of those jump missions very quick and easy once you learn how they work.

If you can shoot the orbs for more time then the ignis is your friend. Put on mods to increase the length of the fire and the width. This allows you to shoot the orbs without even trying so you can keep moving.

Good luck!

Edited by Coaa

My advice is to pace yourself. Select weapons with a good aim and magazine size and go through the course carefully. I realized that my gun had too long of a reload time and the spinning circles were the death of me and chose to bring twin grakatas and switched to them when the elevator came up. Control and timing is important because mistakes will break you.

Practice in Simaris and if it gets too frustrating go play some other missions for a break. 

1 hour ago, torint_man said:

I hate to say this, but if you can't pass the MR 11 test, then you don't deserve to be MR 11. As long as you have a good hitscan weapon (You can just buy a branton on the market if you don't), and have even the vaguest grasp on how to utilize parkour 2.0 (knowing how to bullet jump and aimglide), it's trivial. I fail to see how anybody with these two things could fail the MR 11 test more than once, and complain about it when you can practice ad infinitum with simaris's practice tests.

The problem is they had changed the test. I had been practicing in simaris before the change, but the new test has thrown me off. 

Also as to point 1: I'd rather use my Soma P

Point 2: 

I am relatively proficient, but my main problem is whenever I land I end up in a slide, which sends me off the thin platform, which then loops into spawning right over the pit. 

A 3rd point:

If I was 10 years younger, and without the hand injury, bullet jumping would be faster. 

A 4th point: I would much rather have fun, than fail continously in Simaris(55 fails and counting iirc)

In anycase, I have been informed that meleeing before landing would cancel the sliding problem, so I plan on equipping a fast melee and finishing the damned thing tonight. Then I can go back to running Towers until Baro shows up later this week. 

2 hours ago, Coaa said:

Lol completely expected everyone saying its easy and i did it first try! Woo good for you, he's asking for help.

Keep on doing the trial at sim to get good at it. Don't pressure yourself in hitting every orb and following the course exactly. There are certain walls you can actually bullet jump over and skip decent portions to speed it up a bit. I'm not 100% on the changes though, its been while since i've tried it. Another good pointer mentioned is the ground slam trick to stop momentum. Dont forget if you're close to a wall in the air and hold the aim button you'll grab the wall and stop, and some frames abilities stop momentum in the air completely.

On the frame level, zephyr gains extra air time on jumps and jumps a bit higher if that's the part you're having trouble with. Alot of her abilities will make some of those jump missions very quick and easy once you learn how they work.

If you can shoot the orbs for more time then the ignis is your friend. Put on mods to increase the length of the fire and the width. This allows you to shoot the orbs without even trying so you can keep moving.

Good luck!

1 hour ago, Noseeno said:

My advice is to pace yourself. Select weapons with a good aim and magazine size and go through the course carefully. I realized that my gun had too long of a reload time and the spinning circles were the death of me and chose to bring twin grakatas and switched to them when the elevator came up. Control and timing is important because mistakes will break you.

Practice in Simaris and if it gets too frustrating go play some other missions for a break. 

Perfect, Information, not a talking down.