Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Spamming Ulti

SpyGhostOtissss

I think that Ultimate Ultimate instead of spamming abilities so my idea of solving ulti spam problem is to make it like how you use 5

so there's a gage \, and you have to fill it up by doing something like running a kilometer or using 30 abilities just dont make it so that you have to deal dmg, they will use something like tonkor  

and spam ulti or maybe you can make all abilities cooldown instead of energy and just dont make mods that affect cooldown time

8 hours ago, R34LM said:

Hey, the multitude of enemies spam crowd control (infested I am looking at you), why can't we?

Hah! They spam crowd control, DPS, DPH, life-leach, energy-leach, all kinds of other excessively damaging abilities. One particularly irritating one is the grineer one that switch teleports us into the middle of mobs which forces us into a 'where did I park my kubrow' animation that takes forever to end. The list is many pages long by now and it's only growing. The enemies have so many advantages over us at this point that it's amazing we win at all. And every advantage we have over the enemies is slowly but surely being taken away one by one. I predict that within another two years or less this game will be unplayable because even bottom tier enemies will be able to insta-kill us with one swat. At least, that's what will happen unless DE start heavy-duty testing their frames and finding out what works for themselves instead of listening to people who've barely reached mid tier squawk about balance.

17 hours ago, R34LM said:

Hey, the multitude of enemies spam crowd control (infested I am looking at you), why can't we?

Because we're smarter and faster than enemies are, and the game is fun because we overcome challenges using our skills and wits.  Chain-CCing the map makes the game a snoozefest; might as well abolish missions and just put a level in the Liset that gives you rewards after a waiting period.  

On 3/17/2016 at 9:12 AM, SpyGhostOtissss said:

I think that Ultimate Ultimate instead of spamming abilities so my idea of solving ulti spam problem is to make it like how you use 5

so there's a gage \, and you have to fill it up by doing something like running a kilometer or using 30 abilities just dont make it so that you have to deal dmg, they will use something like tonkor  

and spam ulti or maybe you can make all abilities cooldown instead of energy and just dont make mods that affect cooldown time

dang my grammer 

On 3/17/2016 at 6:12 PM, SpyGhostOtissss said:

You tell me, the amount of ash players with superiority complex is staggering.

5 hours ago, RealPandemonium said:

Because we're smarter and faster than enemies are, and the game is fun because we overcome challenges using our skills and wits.  Chain-CCing the map makes the game a snoozefest; might as well abolish missions and just put a level in the Liset that gives you rewards after a waiting period.  

That's fair, but on the flip side it is a rage fest when the Grineer one hit us or slash us constantly, the Corpus disable our abilities constantly with nullies or the hoverboard guys, or the Infested slow us, pull us, knock us down, resist 90% of our damage or abilities or barf in our face.

I've been with this game a long time, and I'll tell you how the cycle goes:

Impossibru>manageable>easy>reset to Impossibru>manageable>easy

It was nearly impossible to fight in the beginning, took me months to get from Mercury to Venus. After awhile it became easier and eventually I was able to oneshot every boss. Then the enemies got their levels cut in half but got 8x stronger and the bosses adapted. The cycle went around again when we got too powerful with Viver, Eris (wherein shortly after the Nullifiers were introduced).

We are now, imo, on the transition from the easy part of the curve to the Impossibru reset.

10 hours ago, R34LM said:

That's fair, but on the flip side it is a rage fest when the Grineer one hit us or slash us constantly, the Corpus disable our abilities constantly with nullies or the hoverboard guys, or the Infested slow us, pull us, knock us down, resist 90% of our damage or abilities or barf in our face.

The reason that Grineer 1-shot from Seekers/Ballistas/Napalm/ShieldLancer/etc isn't fixed is because at high levels people just play "crowd control" instead of playing Warframe.  If we couldn't just trivialize all gameplay with mass CC, invulnerability, and overtuned damage numbers, DE would actually have to smooth out their game.  The degree to which players are overpowered is almost like a refuge for DE, since there are abundant bandaids that alleviate these issues at the cost of sucking the soul out of the game.  

Corpus ability disable is fair IMO; you shouldn't rely on abilities 24/7 and you can deal with both sources of power disable in reasonable ways.  It only becomes a real (and irritating) problem when you refuse to deal with it.  Sapping Osprey projectiles are also not well-telegraphed and reach punitive levels of damage quickly; they should indicate their presence better and be easier to destroy, especially during deployment.  

Infested can be a little overwhelming at times, but pretty much not at all if you're prepared.  Some glaring problems with Infested are the Toxic Ancient "scream" attack where it looks at you and kills you even when you have thousands of health, Toxic Ancient auras giving mooks huge DPS, and Swarm armor buff not going away.  

12 hours ago, RealPandemonium said:

The reason that Grineer 1-shot from Seekers/Ballistas/Napalm/ShieldLancer/etc isn't fixed is because at high levels people just play "crowd control" instead of playing Warframe.  If we couldn't just trivialize all gameplay with mass CC, invulnerability, and overtuned damage numbers, DE would actually have to smooth out their game.  The degree to which players are overpowered is almost like a refuge for DE, since there are abundant bandaids that alleviate these issues at the cost of sucking the soul out of the game.  

Corpus ability disable is fair IMO; you shouldn't rely on abilities 24/7 and you can deal with both sources of power disable in reasonable ways.  It only becomes a real (and irritating) problem when you refuse to deal with it.  Sapping Osprey projectiles are also not well-telegraphed and reach punitive levels of damage quickly; they should indicate their presence better and be easier to destroy, especially during deployment.  

Infested can be a little overwhelming at times, but pretty much not at all if you're prepared.  Some glaring problems with Infested are the Toxic Ancient "scream" attack where it looks at you and kills you even when you have thousands of health, Toxic Ancient auras giving mooks huge DPS, and Swarm armor buff not going away.  

I guess my only current gripe is corpus and their Scrambus. You can't really hear their sound cues over gunfire most of the time and the scrambling of certain abilities is so sudden. Also, they gain the benefit, like any enemy, to affect you without being limited by LOS, which should be changed in my opinion. Same goes for shock eximus, which need to be changed period.

46 minutes ago, R34LM said:

I guess my only current gripe is corpus and their Scrambus. You can't really hear their sound cues over gunfire most of the time and the scrambling of certain abilities is so sudden. Also, they gain the benefit, like any enemy, to affect you without being limited by LOS, which should be changed in my opinion. Same goes for shock eximus, which need to be changed period.

Shock Eximus was nerfed and no longer procs Magnetic; it now delivers a weakish Electric proc instead.

I find Scrambus to be alright, so long as there arent a dozen stacked on top of each other.  They're quite fragile and the helmets can be knocked off.  The helmets could stand to make louder noises, though.

On 3/18/2016 at 10:55 PM, Soul.Fire said:

Hah! They spam crowd control, DPS, DPH, life-leach, energy-leach, all kinds of other excessively damaging abilities. One particularly irritating one is the grineer one that switch teleports us into the middle of mobs which forces us into a 'where did I park my kubrow' animation that takes forever to end. The list is many pages long by now and it's only growing. The enemies have so many advantages over us at this point that it's amazing we win at all. And every advantage we have over the enemies is slowly but surely being taken away one by one. I predict that within another two years or less this game will be unplayable because even bottom tier enemies will be able to insta-kill us with one swat. At least, that's what will happen unless DE start heavy-duty testing their frames and finding out what works for themselves instead of listening to people who've barely reached mid tier squawk about balance.

This is so very true. We've been given so many ridiculous CC abilities that enemies have to deal so much damage in the few seconds before we lock them down, that if we don't bring optimal frames we don't stand a chance. It's basically hard CC or die at this point.

It's become obvious DE cannot find a way to challenge fully equipped players while allowing them control. So they cheapen the game with teleports, knockdowns, grappling hooks, and idiotic Sortie restrictions. (Seriously, Sniper only Infested missions? That's just sad).

At this point late game is more a test of patience than fun. Rank 25+ enemies are a wall of annoyance and it keeps getting worse.

On 3/17/2016 at 10:12 AM, SpyGhostOtissss said:

no cooldowns are bad an ruin synergy this has be TALKED ABOUT and the answer is NO