The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

First Person Mode?

.Hearts.

I really think that the developers for warframe should create  a First Person mode, because it was a HUGE success for game like FO:4, And TES:V! And I think it would be cool to parkour in first person. Please put in consideration!

Edited by NovusNova
Removed "PSA" Tag

Not a full firstperson game mode, but i have been thinking about this idea some time.

How about when you use a skill (most of the time your 4th) like rhinos stomp, when used the camera goes to a firstperson mode so you can see rhino slamming his legg into the ground.?Could give that extra OEMPHFF  when using a skill.

Just a ideaa :)

Edited by RMSjael

I like how Destiny handles switching between first and third person views especially when playing as Stormcaller and Sunbreaker, so I'd be in favor of some changes.

First person would also make interacting with the environment and aiming certain weapons like the Atomos a heck of lot easier.

But, expect a lot of NO's from the fashionistas who enjoy staring at their characters for hours.

Bethesda's success is pretty minimally connected to the fact it happens to be first-person. 

Soon as you can tell me how you intend to convey all the awesomeness of melee stances without A: making the animation teams work a complete waste and B: prevent me from barfing all over the keyboard ... then I'll be all for it. 

15 hours ago, MumblesMcphatty said:

Soon as you can tell me how you intend to convey all the awesomeness of melee stances without A: making the animation teams work a complete waste and B: prevent me from barfing all over the keyboard ... then I'll be all for it. 

Easy. When you equip your melee weapon the game pulls the camera out to third person. Unequip it and the game goes back to first person. This is exactly how a shooter game like Destiny makes use of swords and it works very very well. 

Edited by Rebellis

26 minutes ago, Rebellis said:

This is exactly how a shooter game like Destiny makes use of swords and it works very very well. 

That is a bit of a stretch - Destiny's melee always felt pretty clunky to me and the back and forth from perspectives is just horribly jarring. 

But I get it now - this isn't another first person perspective thread - it's another let's make a Warframe more like Destiny thread :sigh: 

Can we not just let each individual game be itself anymore? It's as sad as the folks who think what Elder Scrolls really needs is co-op. 

1 hour ago, MumblesMcphatty said:

That is a bit of a stretch - Destiny's melee always felt pretty clunky to me and the back and forth from perspectives is just horribly jarring. 

But I get it now - this isn't another first person perspective thread - it's another let's make a Warframe more like Destiny thread :sigh: 

Can we not just let each individual game be itself anymore? It's as sad as the folks who think what Elder Scrolls really needs is co-op. 

For me, it's about a greater immersion into a game's universe - experiencing it through the eyes of my character(s). For example, I'd love to do a Spy mission as Ivara in first person. IMO, sneaking around as her and seeing what sees instead of constantly looking over her shoulder would be much more engaging. A first person perspective would also help with things like precise aiming.

But since none of that really relates to how Warframe is designed to be played - grinding out long repetitive survival/defense/intercept missions and speed running the rest with OP builds  - then I guess none of that matters.

Edited by Rebellis

18 hours ago, Rebellis said:

I like how Destiny handles switching between first and third person views especially when playing as Stormcaller and Sunbreaker, so I'd be in favor of some changes.

First person would also make interacting with the environment and aiming certain weapons like the Atomos a heck of lot easier.

But, expect a lot of NO's from the fashionistas who enjoy staring at their characters for hours.

DO NOT make Warframe into Destiny. Destiny is steaming pile of poo that needs to cleaned off the face of the Earth. Warframe is what Destiny should have been. 

As for the actual mechanics Bungie uses to switch between first and third person, there is no option. The 3rd or 1st person is based on what weapon you use. You cannot choose what perspective you want. If you want a view change go with Bethesda's where you can actually pick what view you want. 

19 minutes ago, (XB1)CitrusTheNile said:

DO NOT make Warframe into Destiny. Destiny is steaming pile of poo that needs to cleaned off the face of the Earth. Warframe is what Destiny should have been.

Keep calm and stop hyperventilating. No one said anything about making Warframe into Destiny. Its just an example. You know like try not falling down when walking because that's how other people walk and it seems to work pretty well.

While having a FPS mode seems to be fun, it has one flaw which, in my opinion, doesn't suit Warframe's gameplay, and that is a reduced field of vision. As the game is very fast paced and usually spawns alot of enemies which can easily surround you. In third person, when a butcher or charger is about to hit me from behind or the side, I'll be able to catch a glimpse of them and easily roll out of the way or melee them. The same can be said for slow-moving projectiles that are coming from the side. While in first person, my view is completely limited to where my weapon is pointing, and I'll never know if something's about to hit me from my blindsides. And with that limited field of view, wall-latching and wall-hopping might become abit unreliable as we won't know how close my sides are to the wall.

Edited by Knightmare047

3 minutes ago, Knightmare047 said:

While having a FPS mode seems to be fun, it has one flaw which, in my opinion, doesn't suit Warframe's gameplay, and that is a reduced field of vision. As the game is very fast paced and usually spawns alot of enemies which can easily surround you. In third person, when a butcher or charger is about to hit me from behind or the side, I'll be able to catch a glimpse of them and easily roll out of the way or melee them. The same can be said for slow-moving projectiles that are coming from the side. While in first person, my view is completely limited to where my weapon is pointing, and I'll never know if something's about to hit me from my blindsides. And with that limited field of view, wall-latching and wall-hopping might become abit unreliable as we won't know how close my sides are to the wall.

Thats why making it a switch like in elder scrolls, press a button and switch to 1st person, press again to switch back.. this is literally just an advantage for everyone, because ppl could choose which perspective they want.. (and it wouldnt make warframe into destiny, lol who came with that argument?)

I know DE wont do it because its hell of a work to make all the animations work in fp.. still would be cool

30 minutes ago, Knightmare047 said:

While having a FPS mode seems to be fun, it has one flaw which, in my opinion, doesn't suit Warframe's gameplay, and that is a reduced field of vision. As the game is very fast paced and usually spawns alot of enemies which can easily surround you. In third person, when a butcher or charger is about to hit me from behind or the side, I'll be able to catch a glimpse of them and easily roll out of the way or melee them. While in first person, my view is completely limited to where my weapon is pointing, and I'll never know if something's about to hit me from my blindsides. And with that limited field of view, wall-latching and wall-hopping might become abit unreliable as we won't know how close our sides are to the wall.

Yup. Which is one reason why CC abilities, nuke frames, and AoE weapons are ever so popular.

That huge field of view everyone is rewarded with for free helps makes it possible to blow up everything on the map and speed through missions.

If the game were in first person, it would force you to play more tactical and at a more realistic pace.

Constantly having a huge third person perspective means there's no risk versus reward when it comes to FoV in Warframe.

It should be that the reward for using your primary and secondary weapon is their killing power at range. The risk is a narrower field of view. The reward for pulling out your melee weapon should be a much larger FoV to see all around you, and (while it is extremely powerful) the risk is that melee range is limited. Warframe really has none of that and shows when playing.

Edited by Rebellis

1 hour ago, Rebellis said:

Yup. Which is one reason why CC abilities, nuke frames, and AoE weapons are ever so popular.

That huge field of view everyone is rewarded with for free helps makes it possible to blow up everything on the map and speed through missions.

If the game were in first person, it would force you to play more tactical and at a more realistic pace.

Constantly having a huge third person perspective means there's no risk versus reward when it comes to FoV in Warframe.

It should be that the reward for using your primary and secondary weapon is their killing power at range. The risk is a narrower field of view. The reward for pulling out your melee weapon should be a much larger FoV to see all around you, and (while it is extremely powerful) the risk is that melee range is limited. Warframe really has none of that and shows when playing.

I can see where you're getting at, but the game has issues where simply adding in a FPS view wouldn't really do very well. As I said earlier, the game spawns alot of enemies and swarms you with them in some mission types. And that's not mentioning how some enemy units are imbalanced along with the armor scaling. So going in a slower pace would do more harm than good in some mission types. For example, doing a typical Grineer survival on Ceres can end up being stressful due to enemies rushing from every corner with hitscan weapons and I have to constantly stay on the move to avoid dying, which, slowing down isn't really an option. And I'm not even the type who spams CC and AOE weapons and abilities because I know how boring it gets and would rather use what I want. Aside from that, DE would have to make HUD additions and animations that they would have to add to make the FPS mode as good as the TPS mode it currently has, since not everyone would want to use FPS just for the sake of it.

I don't have anything against a FPS view. I just don't see it becoming a viable option in this game anytime soon since Warframe is already designed to be a very fast paced TPS unlike Destiny and Elder Scrolls games which were both designed with the FPS view in mind.

Edited by Knightmare047

Just now, (PS4)shadowwraith_666 said:

want a FPS? go and play Destiny/CoD/battlefield/Halo/Borderlands

leave WF as 3rd person pls

calm down. Uncontructivenes is not appreciated. You can just set it as an option so that people who want fp can choose for fp and others can choose for 3rd person.